Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a mobo recommendation & place to custom pc

Options
  • 01-11-2017 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

so some of my pc crapped out, and i decided to just order a new desktop bare bones just a mobo new cooler and power supply in a case, il just put my own gfx card ssd, hdd and other stuff into it.

But im having a hard time finding a place to get one. And im not sure which mother board i need i have a gtx 980 and ddr4 ram 4x4, any help recommending any place to order this stuff please.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

What you're looking for doesn't exist.

"Barebones" cases are tiny & don't fit GPUs, nor more than 1 drive.

What's the spec of your current PC?
    What broke?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i dont mean a bare bones case like one of tiny ones i meant i have most of the stuff already i just want a case with a mother board cooler and power supply in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i dont mean a bare bones case like one of tiny ones i meant i have most of the stuff already i just want a case with a mother board cooler and power supply in it.

That also doesn't exist.
    Those are all separate parts (some cases come bundled with a PSU, but they're invariably all junk).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It'd much easier to just buy a case, motherboard, power supply and processor separately. Your post is very vague though - what broke in the original PC and what parts are actually needed?

You're replacing half the PC which seems strange. Especially if using DDR4 ram as that indicates the parts are all relatively new.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Lone Stone wrote: »
    so some of my pc crapped out, and i decided to just order a new desktop bare bones just a mobo new cooler and power supply in a case, il just put my own gfx card ssd, hdd and other stuff into it.

But im having a hard time finding a place to get one. And im not sure which mother board i need i have a gtx 980 and ddr4 ram 4x4, any help recommending any place to order this stuff please.

Thanks

I could help you out with a Gigabyte gaming AMD Ryzen MB and a very large case. Both new and less than retail. You would then need a CPU and power supply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement