Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabot Financial - Eir phone bill

• 01-11-2017 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all
    I received a letter from Cabot this morning threatening legal action of a bill I owe to Eir of €650. After leaving my job last month I have not been able to pay this bill and have expressed this to Eir and have still been cut off from Eir for some time now. I am starting a new full time job on Monday and am willing to pay back in a sum every week/month? Will they accept this? And am I directly paying Cabot now and not Eir?

Also should I write to them and express this? I saw a lot of people on here saying to write a formal letter rather than ring as they are useless over the phone.

Someone please help me!! Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭Wasphead

Hi Christine, don't ring Cabot, they will try to bully you into making a payment over the phone. Don't give them your number. They will harass you. Reply in writing and ask them for all the details they have relating to this alleged debt.
    Then write a letter of complaint to Eir telling them you do not welcome contact from an unregulated debt collector and this is a failure of their duty of care to you as a customer and debtor. See how that goes for you. Avoid Cabot if you can at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Christine61998

Wasphead wrote: »
    Hi Christine, don't ring Cabot, they will try to bully you into making a payment over the phone. Don't give them your number. They will harass you. Reply in writing and ask them for all the details they have relating to this alleged debt.
    Then write a letter of complaint to Eir telling them you do not welcome contact from an unregulated debt collector and this is a failure of their duty of care to you as a customer and debtor. See how that goes for you. Avoid Cabot if you can at all.

Thank you for the reply. I have posted my reply in writing to Cabot today and tend on writing my letter of complain to Eir also. Funny thing is I received an email about an hour after I posted this forum from Eir saying my new bill has been posted. So it's confusing whether to know who I owe the money too. Anyway we'll see what they write back

Thanks again for your help and I will keep you updated.

Advertisement