Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding Eir qualified electrician to sort out a phone line for broadband.

Options
  • 01-11-2017 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭

I've been asked whether I can assist someone that's being driven demented trying to get an adequate business broadband service from Eir. We've communicated with the account manager, but she doesn't have the information necessary to help.

Situation. It's an old premises with an old 100 pair going into the centre of the building. When the business tries to get a broadband install (twice now), the engineers connect the broadband to this. It has huge signal losses which cut an 80 Mbit service (as received by other tenants in the same building) to 6 to 12 Mbit.

Can I get the required terminology to request that a new line needs to be run from the Eir duct? What qualifications are required for installers in Mullingar that could wire up the  broadband service from the duct, seeing that Eir says that it's the company's problem to sort out internal wiring.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

ressem wrote: »
    I've been asked whether I can assist someone that's being driven demented trying to get an adequate business broadband service from Eir. We've communicated with the account manager, but she doesn't have the information necessary to help.

Situation. It's an old premises with an old 100 pair going into the centre of the building. When the business tries to get a broadband install (twice now), the engineers connect the broadband to this. It has huge signal losses which cut an 80 Mbit service (as received by other tenants in the same building) to 6 to 12 Mbit.

Can I get the required terminology to request that a new line needs to be run from the Eir duct? What qualifications are required for installers in Mullingar that could wire up the  broadband service from the duct, seeing that Eir says that it's the company's problem to sort out internal wiring.
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to advise on this form here. You would need to get in touch with our technical support for more information on this. Their contact number is 1890260260 or you can free phone 1901. I can't guarantee that they will be able to advise you on how to increase your broadband speeds as you may be receiving the maximum speeds that your line can hold. Broadband speeds are specific to each individual line. However, if your line is capable of holding higher speeds, they'll be able to hep you out.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

eir: Adam wrote: »

- Adam
    Yuck, another cut and paste response. 
    As already mentioned, we just need to know who is permitted and competent to open up the Eir manhole on the business premises to run new cabling into the building. Then we will hire them to get wiring to the nearest suitable internal wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

ressem wrote: »
    eir: Adam wrote: »

- Adam
    Yuck, another cut and paste response. 
    As already mentioned, we just need to know who is permitted and competent to open up the Eir manhole on the business premises to run new cabling into the building. Then we will hire them to get wiring to the nearest suitable internal wall.
    I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to advise on third parties that you could hire for this service.

- Adam

Advertisement