Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellgree Square

Options
  • 01-11-2017 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking at buying houses in this area.

A few people have told me it's not the best in terms of anti-social behaviour/robberies/attacks.

I plan to be raising a child and would like somewhere as safe as possible.

I visited and it seems fine...

Can anyone give me any info here ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

I have previously lived close to there. There are a few issues in the area but it is reflective of the age profile of teenagers around and is not bad overall and the community are working on the issues with local kids. My understanding is that the level of break ins is not much worse than any area such as Navan Road and Castleknock - both of which have seen a big upturn in recent months.
    If you do not have to take public transport to town you will be hard pressed to find an area better than Tyrrelstown for your money. There are loads of schools and facilities. The schools are good and you have a few to choose from. The area has a mix of people and lots of good families. There are lots of good clubs and groups and a fine community center. The shops are ok as well.
    Some people love to knock the area but it has a lot going for it and as I said you will be hard pressed to buy in an area with so much going for it for the same money.
    If you are working in town and have to take the bus you should seriously consider the commuting times you will encounter.

Advertisement