Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Halloween bonfires of 2017?

Options
  • 01-11-2017 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

For some reason I've seen far less by way of video footage from bonfires on social media this year - in previous years you could see it all over Twitter, Instagram etc and very publicly. Perhaps this reflects a move to more private and intimate social media like snapchat these days.

I was in Sandycove for the night and didn't spot any local bonfires, although one group of families came down to Newtownsmith Green around 9PM and put on a fairly epic fireworks display, surprisingly well done considering it was just a group of random folk with a selection box and not professionally orchestrated. But Dun Laoghaire in general seemed a lot quieter than usual - possibly as it started drizzling early enough in the evening, and I'm sure also because Halloween was on a proper working weeknight for the first time in several years.

Judging by the live map Dublin Fire Brigade put up as well as some photos from The Journal of the bonfire at Ballybough House, though, the inner city was alive with pyromania last night. So where were the best fires and firework shows? Any stories or photos? Making a mental note to head into the city next year if Dun Laoghaire Rathdown has a current deficiency in the pyromaniac department :D:D:D

Advertisement