If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

43UJ670V

Options
  • 01-11-2017 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought this TV for my father as a gift from power city, they gave me a price of €460

I'm thinking of getting one myself, but find your 6 year warranty appealing, im wondering as you offer lowest price GTD, would you be willing to sell it to me for €460?

What would you need to offer this price? The tv isnt on their site anymore from what i can see, would a receipt of my fathers purchase do or how does this work?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

nix wrote: »
    Hi,

I bought this TV for my father as a gift from power city, they gave me a price of €460

I'm thinking of getting one myself, but find your 6 year warranty appealing, im wondering as you offer lowest price GTD, would you be willing to sell it to me for €460?

What would you need to offer this price? The tv isnt on their site anymore from what i can see, would a receipt of my fathers purchase do or how does this work?

Thanks
    Hi Nix.

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately as the 43UJ670 is no longer listed on powercitys website I would not be able to offer a price beat as it seems they no longer stock this television.

They sell the 43LJ614 at 459 Euro but this is not one that we stock.

Powercity also only offer 1 year warranties with their products where as we give you 6 year guarantee with 98% of our televisions.

For us to offer a price beat it must be a like for like deal and be the same product including a 5 or 6 year guarantee, include delivery if can not be collected locally and be in stock.

Let me know your thoughts.

Any questions please drop me a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Nix.

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately as the 43UJ670 is no longer listed on powercitys website I would not be able to offer a price beat as it seems they no longer stock this television.

Powercity also only offer 1 year warranties with their products where as we give you 6 year guarantee with 98% of our televisions.

For us to offer a price beat it must be a like for like deal and be the same product including a 5 or 6 year guarantee, include delivery if can not be collected locally and be in stock.

Thats a bit of a cop out is it not? You're the only place that offers 6 year warranty so it makes your lowest price guaranteed a pointless advertisement does it not? If you only offer it against a price that also offers that warranty length or more?

Amazon also offer the 43UJ670V for £428, I'll get it there if power city end up being sold out.

Thanks anyway :rolleyes:

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Nix.

Thanks for the post.

Thats a bit of a cop out is it not? You're the only place that offers 6 year warranty so it makes your lowest price guaranteed a pointless advertisement does it not? If you only offer it against a price that also offers that warranty length or more?

Amazon also offer the 43UJ670V for £428, I'll get it there if power city end up being sold out.

Hi Nix.

Unfortunately that has always been our price beat policy for at least the last 17 years. Its not pointless at all and has never hampered how we deal with our customers.

There are some other companies that offer 5 years with theirs which we also honour. (Currys, PeterTyson  etc....)

As Powercity no longer stock this TV it rules out any of the other prices beat rules as you can not get the TV from them at that price at all.

The price of £428 on amazon is at the UK VAT rate and if you select to ship to the South of Ireland it recalculates it to the Irish VAT making it £439.61 and they charge £6.00 to ship giving a total of £445.61 which is £3.39 cheaper than us but as we give the 6 year guarantee (Amazon charge £55 for 3 years extra cover) makes our £449 price a much much better deal.

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Nix.

Thanks for the post.

Hi Nix.

Unfortunately that has always been our price beat policy for at least the last 17 years. Its not pointless at all and has never hampered how we deal with our customers.

There are some other companies that offer 5 years with theirs which we also honour. (Currys, PeterTyson  etc....)

As Powercity no longer stock this TV it rules out any of the other prices beat rules as you can not get the TV from them at that price at all.

The price of £428 on amazon is at the UK VAT rate and if you select to ship to the South of Ireland it recalculates it to the Irish VAT making it £439.61 and they charge £6.00 to ship giving a total of £445.61 which is £3.39 cheaper than us but as we give the 6 year guarantee (Amazon charge £55 for 3 years extra cover) makes our £449 price a much much better deal.
    Fair enough, but powercity aren't out of stock, their website is just crap.

And I'll get the amazon product through parcel motel, so ill get the £428 price.

Thanks anyway Kenny, I'll get back to you if i change my mind.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Happy to match £428 with shipping at £6.99..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭kingofburt

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

Any chance I can get that price too? Want it for next week, delivered to Derry.

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

kingofburt wrote: »

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

Any chance I can get that price too? Want it for next week, delivered to Derry.

Thanks
    No problem - just drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details and link to this thread and we will call you to get you all sorted - Derry is free delivery as well so an extra bonus for you :)

Chat soon!

ATBB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John, do you deliver to parcel motel free? Also in Northern Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭kingofburt

That's brilliant John, thanks for matching amazon prices. I sent an email with my contact details. Really happy that you got this sorted for me. Great service.

kingofburt wrote: »
    That's brilliant John, thanks for matching amazon prices. I sent an email with my contact details. Really happy that you got this sorted for me. Great service.
    Thanks Kingofburt.

Got your email this morning.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.