Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW11 Captain Poll

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Aguero (ARS)
    i may be mad, but when teams start getting praised all round like city currently, and rightly so, invariably they end up losing, and no better team than arsenal to spring a major surprise.
    Be warned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Morzadec wrote: »
    Wenger saying Arsenal "won't hide" against City. I'm getting more and more tempted by Aguero

My first thought is that Wenger can’t be that stupid, and then I remember he played wing backs at Anfield!

Sticking with Kane but Aguero is tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Morzadec wrote: »
    Wenger saying Arsenal "won't hide" against City. I'm getting more and more tempted by Aguero

Same here, Aguero was my gut and I've been trying to convince myself to go with the safer Kane option.

If we're looking at Arsenal's form, they have been very exposed by Everton and Swansea in the last 2 games. City could destroy them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Eriksen (CRY)
    Benimar wrote: »
    My first thought is that Wenger can’t be that stupid, and then I remember he played wing backs at Anfield!

The formation was fine and had absolutely nothing to do with the defeat, it was the personnel and the amount of them played out of position.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Eriksen (CRY)
    PARlance wrote: »
    Same here, Aguero was my gut and I've been trying to convince myself to go with the safer Kane option.

If we're looking at Arsenal's form, they have been very exposed by Everton and Swansea in the last 2 games. City could destroy them.

I'm being sensible and staying with Kane.

Even is City hammer Arsenal there's no guarantee Aguero gets a huge haul, there's goals and assists all over that team. If City are comfortable after 60-70 mins you could well see Jesus coming on for him too.

If Spurs hammer Palace Kane will be involved heavily.

But yeah I can see the temptation with Aguero, my gut is leaning towards him too, but generally best to play this game with your head!

• Advertisement

Eriksen (CRY)
    Looking at the list of casualties West Ham have at the back I'm very tempted to go with Salah as a differential but haven't the balls to pull the trigger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Kane is obviously the outstanding candidate, but I'm worried he could be rested considering the fixture and his injury.

I swapped Kane for Aguero last week because of the injury (bad move), now I don't know whether to swap back. If I knew Kane was starting v Palace I would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Jesus (ARS)
    Kane is obviously the outstanding candidate, but I'm worried he could be rested considering the fixture and his injury.

I swapped Kane for Aguero last week because of the injury (bad move), now I don't know whether to swap back. If I knew Kane was starting v Palace I would.

There is no way Kane is rested. He started against Madrid. He's fit, and Spurs are toothless enough without him.

Firmino (whu)
    SlickRic wrote: »
    There is no way Kane is rested. He started against Madrid. He's fit, and Spurs are toothless enough without him.

I agree.

I was thinking Pochettino might go easy on Kane but his rotation was enforced with Lloris and Toby A out so he won’t want to go making further changes.

It’s the reason I think he’ll start Bavies too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

Eriksen (CRY)
    I've captained Kane and Vice captained Aguero.

What happens if the unthinkable happens and both are rested:o, do I lose my captain bonus:confused::)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Pep wil probably start jesus and bench kun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Eriksen (CRY)
    scotchy wrote: »
    I've captained Kane and Vice captained Aguero.

What happens if the unthinkable happens and both are rested:o, do I lose my captain bonus:confused::)

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Eriksen (CRY)
    On the very slim chance Kane doesn't play I'll just have to settle with some bloke called Aguero. Kane captain Aguero vice for me purely because of who they are playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Benimar wrote: »

I'm in the opposite position - have Aguero but I'm tempted by Kane. I have little doubt that Aguero will get loads of chances but I'm afraid he won't start.

Eriksen (CRY)
    I'm in the opposite position - have Aguero but I'm tempted by Kane. I have little doubt that Aguero will get loads of chances but I'm afraid he won't start.

@DiscoMirror: Aguero to be given guard of honour by City greats ahead of Arsenal game to honour record-breaking goalscorer #MCFC @MirrorFootball https://twitter.com/mirrorfootball/status/926578986469163008

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Salah (whu)
    I've taken a chance on Abraham this week. I'm having an awful season, my worst ever and by some distance so need to take a few gambles now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Kane

Eriksen (CRY)
    eagle eye wrote: »
    I've taken a chance on Abraham this week. I'm having an awful season, my worst ever and by some distance so need to take a few gambles now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Yup, went with Atsu. First ballsy call this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Sterling (ARS)
    Bottled it and switched from Sané to Kane at last minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Stuck with my gut and gave it to Kun.

It's a rare chance to have such a good differential.

Eriksen (CRY)
    danganabu wrote: »
    Looking at the list of casualties West Ham have at the back I'm very tempted to go with Salah as a differential but haven't the balls to pull the trigger :D

Johnny no balls :mad:

Eriksen (CRY)
    15 from 7
    Captain played
    Good times

Daniels could still sub in for me if Jesus doesn’t play
    Expect a Sort cameo

Advertisement