Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22 messages in a week from Eir!!

Options
  • 01-11-2017 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Ok this is driving me insane, Ive requested twice in the last 2 days days for these messages to not be sent and both times it was confirmed that it has been disabled, Yet I've gotten 10 since its been "disabled"

"You do not have enough credit on your account. To top up the quick and easy way, Freephone 1740 with your debit or credit card."

I dont have iMessages/Facetime on at all.

Can some one please sort it out as its becoming a joke. Never had this when it was just Meteor.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Blitz17 wrote: »
    Ok this is driving me insane, Ive requested twice in the last 2 days days for these messages to not be sent and both times it was confirmed that it has been disabled, Yet I've gotten 10 since its been "disabled"

"You do not have enough credit on your account. To top up the quick and easy way, Freephone 1740 with your debit or credit card."

I dont have iMessages/Facetime on at all.

Can some one please sort it out as its becoming a joke. Never had this when it was just Meteor.
    Hi Blitz17,

Do you have your data turned on? If so, can you text 'balance data' to 50104 and let me know what you get back please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Blitz17,

Do you have your data turned on? If so, can you text 'balance data' to 50104 and let me know what you get back please?

- Adam

Very rarely use data but got below back

You have 14.93 GB remaining from your 15.1 GB standard allowance and 59.39 GB for Social bundle

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Blitz17,

- Adam

Very rarely use data but got below back

You have 14.93 GB remaining from your 15.1 GB standard allowance and 59.39 GB for Social bundle
    If you have data remaining on your account, the only thing that would cause these text messages would be iMessage/Facetime activation. Can you follow the steps on the below link to ensure that you have correctly turned these off, please?

[ltr]https://www.imore.com/how-to-disable-deactivate-imessage-iphone-ipad?upgrade[/ltr]

[ltr]- Adam[/ltr]

I have those disabled from the day I got the phone, never ever used either of them. 

7 more so far today, can you just stop all texts to me please?

• Advertisement

7 more so far today, can you just stop all texts to me please?
    Have you followed the instructions on the link I've sent you. iMessaging may be disabled on your phone, however, it may not be de-activated on your account.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1 billboa

I'm getting these same texts. I checked my balance data and I have13.87 GB remaining from my 15 GB allowance. I don't want to turn off message and FaceTime though as I use them both. There must be some other way of stopping these texts.

Also, another iPhone user text me earlier this morning but the iMessage never delivered to my phone. I only received it on my Mac hours later when I switched it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

billboa wrote: »
    I'm getting these same texts. I checked my balance data and I have13.87 GB remaining from my 15 GB allowance. I don't want to turn off message and FaceTime though as I use them both. There must be some other way of stopping these texts.

Also, another iPhone user text me earlier this morning but the iMessage never delivered to my phone. I only received it on my Mac hours later when I switched it on.
    Hi there billboa

Can you please confirm exactly what texts you are receiving from us?

You are more than welcome to send a screenshot here.

-Kyle

Advertisement