Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hugh J Ward Solicitors are they for real?

Options
  • 01-11-2017 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

So Three Mobile are threatening to send my debt to Hugh J Ward solicitors collections etc. Anyone ever have any interactions with this crowd? how serious are they? it used to be Interum Justitia but they seem to be gone now

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

liam650 wrote: »
    So Three Mobile are threatening to send my debt to Hugh J Ward solicitors collections etc. Anyone ever have any interactions with this crowd? how serious are they? it used to be Interum Justitia but they seem to be gone now

Recurring theme?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭donegal_man

One of my former employers used to refer delinquent debtors to them. Very efficient at getting the money we were owed.
    OP, the phrase "delinquent debtors" wasn't intended as a dig at you, it was the phrase my boss used for anyone who was seriously behind with their payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭cml387

Hugh J Ward = huge award.

Ha ha good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Do you pay any of your debts, OP?
    Off the top of my head over the last few months I've seen threads where you have stopped paying your rent, not paid your electricity bill, you are in dispute with Littlewoods and now Three are sending debt collectors to you?

You sound so financially irresponsible that you really need to contact Mabs and do a bit of growing up. Nothing in life is free and there is a recurring theme in your threads of you simply refusing to pay contracts, bills, direct debits etc that you've entered into.

I'd love to not bother paying any of my bills but I'm an adult therefore I do. You need to get a hold on this before you get yourself into big trouble.

Stop getting into all these contracts if you can't afford to pay.

cml387 wrote: »

Ha ha good one.

Yes, they are very good. Most definitely not a joke. If the OP has been referred to them then he needs to engage. Visit their website here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭cml387

Yes, they are very good. Most definitely not a joke. If the OP has been referred to them then he needs to engage. Visit their website here

Well 'pon my word. You learn something knew every day.
    I would have thought they were associated with Sue, Grabbit and Runne.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

They are Morons to deal with though, a joke, and they own a "separate" debt collection agency who's staff in my experience are a bunch of bullies and ignoramuses that never have facts to hand

• Registered Users Posts: 17,088 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

vicwatson wrote:
    They are Morons to deal with though, a joke, and they own a "separate" debt collection agency who's staff in my experience are a bunch of bullies and ignoramuses that never have facts to hand

Don't you need to be a bit of a bully to be a debt collector. Playing nice would be been tried and failed before the debt collectors are called in

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mayopanda84

The op is either a WUM or a Numpty who sprouts the same nonsense on his threads.
    its not even funny anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

I go with the former

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Hopefully the OP will still be able to get their mortgage for the apartment :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

The op is either a WUM or a Numpty who sprouts the same nonsense on his threads.
    its not even funny anymore

What's a WUM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

pilly wrote: »
    What's a WUM?

Wind Up Merchant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

me_irl wrote: »
    Wind Up Merchant.

I don’t think the OP is a WUM.
    This country is over run at the moment with people who genuinely don’t understand that services and goods must be paid for.
    Or they understand the principle, but feel that “someone else” should pay for the services and goods they’ve used. (The taxpayer).
    In fairness the very noisy Left AAA/PBP reinforce this idea every time they open their mouths in the media, so it’s easy to see how you can be mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭liam650

They also demanded i pay withing 7 days or face legal action, its been over a year now and that was a separate issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They also demanded i pay withing 7 days or face legal action, its been over a year now and that was a separate issue

Do you owe the money???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Do you owe the money???

And the very important, can you pay?

Seriously if you've loads of bills and are feeling swamped, get onto mab's.

Your going to have to prioritise what you can or can't pay and what the consequences are gonna be..make a realistic plan, and cut your spending.

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Do you pay any of your debts, OP?
    Off the top of my head over the last few months I've seen threads where you have stopped paying your rent, not paid your electricity bill, you are in dispute with Littlewoods and now Three are sending debt collectors to you?

Liam wants to buy a property and let it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

It takes years for a debt to be legally forgotten about so a year is nothing. They could come after you for it again in 2 years or more.

You haven't a hope of getting a mortgage when you're constantly in debt and in danger of being taken to court by solicitors for multiple bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

davo10 wrote: »
    Liam wants to buy a property and let it out.

Correction, he did until he found out that:
    Tax is 50%? your having a laugh lol

Lol indeed!

• Advertisement

ArthurG wrote: »
    Correction, he did until he found out that:

Lol indeed!

But I want a house. NOW, or I'm not coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

davo10 wrote: »
    But I want a house. NOW, or I'm not coming out.

Stay in the closet honey, it’s a whole lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭liam650

I don't feel as though i actually owe the debt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I don't "feel"like paying car insurance but I do so that I can legally drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Of course you don't, sure it's not your debt to pay!!

As someone who had dealings with Wards while trying to recover money owed I genuinely would love to see their reaction to that defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

cml387 wrote: »

Ha ha good one.

Let's not forget Argue and Phibbs solicitors in Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I don't "feel"like paying car insurance but I do so that I can legally drive.

Ah lads Jaysus, don’t feed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What does that mean? 'I don't feel as though..' Now you're just winding us up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Let me guess, Greedy Bankers or Big greedy business who prey on the most vulnerable in society should pay for everything for you....

PBP & AAA have a lot to answer for.

Advertisement