Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hugh J Ward Solicitors are they for real?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Liam is a joker! I don't believe this for a minute!

Seriously - how could he land himself in so much money sh1t and not have an ounce of cop on?

Nah - I call BS on this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Don't you need to be a bit of a bully to be a debt collector. Playing nice would be been tried and failed before the debt collectors are called in

If the debt is a debt, the problem with this shower is they don’t get their facts straight, like some posters here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

liam650 wrote: »
    I don't feel as though i actually owe the debt

There's a lot of things I "don't feel like", but that isn't justification enough to abandon a debt. Do you have actual valid grounds to challenge the debt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

This guy is gas, decided to stop paying rent, pissed off at little woods for now giving him more credit, wants to sue Irish Opinions for their payments terms on online surveys, on jobseekers and wanted to keep getting it in training in a new job, looking for more credit from Argos giving out about debt companies chasing him down and how dare they add interest to his debts, not paying electricity and trying to change supplier

His post history is all relating to not paying for services he undertook.

Oh he also wants to enter the property market in one of the most volatile periods in its history.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Do you owe it? Or don't you owe it?
    . . If you don't owe, tell the lads in Hugh J Ward, and why you don't, backing it up with as much evidence, / proof whatever you've got..
    . . But if you've gotten all the way to debt collectors I'm guessing you didn't engage with 3 early on..
    It may be worth your while settling with this crowd...
    . . . If you just feel you shouldn't have to pay cos you don't wanna.. You could try saying that when they ring and call around or send the sheriff in.. Might work

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement

Liam - I have to say you are the poster that keeps on giving!

If you're for real, then you have no sense and no shame. Why tell thousands of people you can't handle money, won't pay your bills and spit your dummy out when you can't get your way? Ireland is like a village - Somebody, somewhere will work out who you are. Especially your debtors!

IBTL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Probably believed he was merely an irresponsible idiot til now. Definitely a wind up

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Probably believed he was merely an irresponsible idiot til now. Definitely a wind up

Liam is an attention seeker, methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@MissShihTzu - you have made your opinion known several times already. Use Report Post if you have suspicions about a poster but there is no need to make multiple comments on thread.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Let me guess, Greedy Bankers or Big greedy business who prey on the most vulnerable in society should pay for everything for you....

PBP & AAA have a lot to answer for.
    And I’ve a feeling the best is yet to come here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭seamusk84

They are real but they are toothless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Gerry T

liam650 wrote:
    They also demanded i pay withing 7 days or face legal action, its been over a year now and that was a separate issue

Their being harsh on you Liam, why is it you think you don't owe the money, what happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

seamusk84 wrote: »
    looking at circuit court legal diaries I can assure you that they are not toothless. They can and do drag debtors through the courts as a matter of routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭donegal_man

seamusk84 wrote: »

I think you mean ruthless. They were the most effective agency I ever dealt with in my time chasing debtors. They don't stand for any messing and will prosecute.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,022 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I think you mean ruthless. They were the most effective agency I ever dealt with in my time chasing debtors. They don't stand for any messing and will prosecute.

You're talking about large, likely B2B debts. For a hundred quid phone bill the chances of them going to court are next to nonexistent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Not necessarily. I used to work for ESB in a similar capacity and the block contract with Arthur Cox made it worthwhile for even very small amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

liam650 wrote: »
    I don't feel as though i actually owe the debt

How you feel is irrelevant, and frankly- nobody cares.
    Pay your bills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I've dealt with a similar company (Buchanan Clark and Wells) before, and found that if you're completely straightforward with them, they're not at all bad to deal with. In my case, it wasn't a simple debt - I had been mis-sold an Eircom broadband package and they were trying to make me pay a cessation charge for a service they were unable/unwilling to provide. I received a text message, telling me to contact BCW "urgently" and after Googling them to find out who they are, I phoned them (armed with printouts of several months of fruitless back & forth emails from Eircom). When I explained the situation to them, they told me they'd send my file back to Eircom and assured me that I wouldn't hear from them (BCW) again. I never heard from Eircom again either.

tl;dr? As long as you don't mess them around, big bad debt collection companies are often more professional and easy to deal with than the supposedly friendly companies that hire them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Are the debt collection companies working for utilities, phone companies Ect, or do they buy the debt?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

File it in the bin.

Debt collectors have no legal right to these debts and cannot affect your credit rating.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/personal_finance/debt/debt_collection.html

If they are overly agressive make a complaint for harassment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

File it in the bin.

Debt collectors have no legal right to these debts and cannot affect your credit rating.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/personal_finance/debt/debt_collection.html

If they are overly agressive make a complaint for harassment.

I'm always bemused when I see posts like this. Most contracts outline that your debt can be passed to a third party for collection, its right there in the t&cs. If you are not mature enough to understand the obligations and responsibilities of taking out a service contract, don't sign up to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭123654789

This guy is gas, decided to stop paying rent, pissed off at little woods for now giving him more credit, wants to sue Irish Opinions for their payments terms on online surveys, on jobseekers and wanted to keep getting it in training in a new job, looking for more credit from Argos giving out about debt companies chasing him down and how dare they add interest to his debts, not paying electricity and trying to change supplier

His post history is all relating to not paying for services he undertook.

Oh he also wants to enter the property market in one of the most volatile periods in its history.....

Here's hoping he doesnt bang his knee on the leg of a table anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Workes for a similar company.
    Firstly ignoring it will not make it go away.

If you have a genunine grievance with Three tell them about it and they will investigate. Companies vet every case before they are sent over. 99% of disputes i dealt with came back as money still owed.

They will persue you for it after it has run its course Three will then decide to:
    1) Bring it to court
    2) Send it to another agency (2nd placement will usually accept a 50% settlement).
    3) Sell the debt to an agency. Sold debts will result in much more calls and letters as the agency will have bought it for nothing and will make 75% profit on it.

I have worked cases of purchased debt 10 years old and with maybe no contact in 8.

My advice is ask for a settlement or go to MABS and pay your bills in future.

***PS if any mod would like me to do a guide to how these agencies work and steps people can take to resolve issues let me know, would like to give something back ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

After 6 years of no contact you are statute barred. Only a fool answers those letters.

So you are saying people should ignore all debts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

After 6 years of no contact you are statute barred. Only a fool answers those letters.

Only a fool doesn't pay debt after debt, after debt, after debt, after debt.

Advertisement