Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arriving early, border control?

Options
  • 02-11-2017 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I’m emigrating to Australia next week and my friend mentioned that when travelling to America you’re expected to be at the Irish Airport 4 hours early for border control, is this the same for travelling to Australia?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

I’m emigrating to Australia next week and my friend mentioned that when travelling to America you’re expected to be at the Irish Airport 4 hours early for border control, is this the same for travelling to Australia?
    No. There's no pre-clearance for Australia. Migration control happens at the Australian end of the journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Just go by your usual international flight times. You do all the immigration stuff on the Australian end. Safe travels!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

No it's immigration there so you should get by with two hours. Having said that I would do three, put your luggage through, and head back to do your farewells. I have sent my mum on this trip four times in the last year so pretty much know it!

Where in Australia are you going? It's a great country, I understand 32 in Perth today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

amtc wrote: »
    No it's immigration there so you should get by with two hours. Having said that I would do three, put your luggage through, and head back to do your farewells. I have sent my mum on this trip four times in the last year so pretty much know it!

Where in Australia are you going? It's a great country, I understand 32 in Perth today!

I’m off to Sydney :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Good luck on your travels. One tip I would give you is to book some internal flights from here if you plan to travel. I did Perth Melbourne at a fraction of the price my aunt got from there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement