Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation not processed

Options
  • 02-11-2017 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I cancelled my account on the 20th of October but after chatting with someone from the retention team online yesterday they are telling me there is no record of the cancellation. Can someone please look in to this for me? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

debbiewall wrote: »
    I cancelled my account on the 20th of October but after chatting with someone from the retention team online yesterday they are telling me there is no record of the cancellation. Can someone please look in to this for me? Thanks
     Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're cancelling your services with us. If you PM me your account number and full name I'll check on this for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

eir: Adam wrote: »
     Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're cancelling your services with us. If you PM me your account number and full name I'll check on this for you.

- Adam
    Was given the same line by the loyalty / retention team, so it seems to be an acceptable white lie of theirs?  In a subsequent conversation weeks later, they were able to details the date and time of the online cancellation from their records.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 debbiewall

My online account still has the account active but it should have ceased on the 8th. I was also told I would receive an email with details of the cancellation including instructions on where to return the modem and that email hasn't arrived either and despite being told I had 30 days to return the modem or face a penalty, they haven't actually told me where to send the modem. 

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

My online account still has the account active but it should have ceased on the 8th. I was also told I would receive an email with details of the cancellation including instructions on where to return the modem and that email hasn't arrived either and despite being told I had 30 days to return the modem or face a penalty, they haven't actually told me where to send the modem. 
    I've been told that instead of starting a new cancellation, I should have asked for a transcript of my cancellation phone calls with loyalty, so perhaps you could require a copy of your interaction online.  Cumbersome I know, but until enough of us demonstrate that eir current modus operandi in the loyalty department and other customer contact points is damaging whatever loyalty /goodwill is left, nothing will change. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi debbiewall, 

Apologies for the delays here. 

Adam has your account details so I'll look into this and come to you soon through PM's. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 debbiewall

Hi debbiewall, 

Adam has your account details so I'll look into this and come to you soon through PM's. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

I finally received the cancellation email (on the 13th) to say my account would cease 30 days from the day I got the notification. My account has already been cancelled so I presume the email is wrong? I have the parcel motel label to return the modem so will be doing that tomorrow. 

Thanks,

Debbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi debbiewall, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

I finally received the cancellation email (on the 13th) to say my account would cease 30 days from the day I got the notification. My account has already been cancelled so I presume the email is wrong? I have the parcel motel label to return the modem so will be doing that tomorrow. 

Thanks,

Debbie
    Hi Debbie,

Tracey isn't in the office at the minute but I've checked your account for you. You don't have to worry about this email, your account is completely closed.

- Adam

Advertisement