Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem activating new TV service

Options
  • 02-11-2017 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

My elderly parents have moved into a new house and are having problems getting their Eir TV serviec up and running. They have Eir broadband and that is working fine.

During the setup process of the TV box they are asked to enter the 'TV service number'. When this entered an error code appears.

It has been reported to your tech dept. as a fault and nothing has happened yet. They are constantly told wait another 24 hours and it should be fine.

This has been going on since 23rd October and has been reported numerous times (case reference 2758139) and yet as of this morning it is still not working. 

At this stage I am suggesting that they contact you to get your equipment out of the house and go with an alternate provider. Do you have any other option for them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

CiboC wrote: »
    My elderly parents have moved into a new house and are having problems getting their Eir TV serviec up and running. They have Eir broadband and that is working fine.

During the setup process of the TV box they are asked to enter the 'TV service number'. When this entered an error code appears.

It has been reported to your tech dept. as a fault and nothing has happened yet. They are constantly told wait another 24 hours and it should be fine.

This has been going on since 23rd October and has been reported numerous times (case reference 2758139) and yet as of this morning it is still not working. 

At this stage I am suggesting that they contact you to get your equipment out of the house and go with an alternate provider. Do you have any other option for them?
    Hi CiboC,

Sorry to hear of the issues your parents are having with their service. Can you PM me the account number and full name on the account please?

- Adam

Advertisement