Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manual Payment?

Options
  • 02-11-2017 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭

On the advice of a BOI employee, I cancelled a direct debit and want to make a manual payment instead today.
    What do I need/how do I go about executing it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Addle,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

You would need to add the person/company as a payee on your account.

In order to add them as a payee you would need to get the BIC and IBAN of the payees account.

Please log into your 365 online and go to manage accounts, manage payees and add payee.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Thanks for the reply.

How can I ensure that I've correctly added a payee, without making a payment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Addle,

Can I ask what type of payee you wish to add, is it a personal account or a utility bill?

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Addle,

Can I ask what type of payee you wish to add, is it a personal account or a utility bill?

Thanks
    Tara
    It's a BOI mortgage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Thanks Addle. You need to select payee type ‘Bill’ then BOI Mortages from the derogatory down list. You’ll need to enter your mortgage account number in the ‘Reference’ field to ensure your payments are allocated to your mortgage account.

Thanks again,
    Tara

• Advertisement

So if I've added the correct account no. - no sort code or iban - it will transfer ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Addle wrote: »
    So if I've added the correct account no. - no sort code or iban - it will transfer ok.
    Hi Addle,

Yes this is correct, as its a bill you'd only be asked for the account number and your reference, you choose the message to add here. Your payment should be applied to the Mortgage account in 1-2 business days.

Please get back to us if you need help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

Advertisement