Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post "Smart" Account

• 02-11-2017 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

As has been said here before, stay away at all costs. For the 2nd time in under 6 weeks no wages in my account today, funnily enough there is never a delay or mishap when charging the monthly 5euro "maintenance fee". Avoid like the plague. Will be closing account asap.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Never Say Never Again

Their tagline is the account for smart people. Lmfao

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭MayoArsehole

Avoid this account its absoloute cac! Cant book a flight online with it, no answers from their uk call centre and nobody seems to be in charge of it. Besides that 60 cent charge on every transaction almost! I signed up for it vos believed u could sort of trust an post, that is what they are exploiting

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TylrMde

Anyone thinking of opening a Smart Account DON'T DO IT. It is a total & utter nightmare. Their computer system is totally unreliable. You will find yourself at a checkout somewhere with your card not being accepted. Transactions are regularly missing from your account so you don't know where you stand. Also you may make 1 lodgement and it will show up 3 or 4 times. I just received a demand letter to repay €200 for a lodgement they say I never made but I did. It is a total S'*tstorm. What is worse, there does not appear to be any end to it. Their customer service departments are worse than useless. They take their time to respond. When they do respond all you get is a scripted response with absolutely no sincerity. You have to do all the chasing and instigate contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

TylrMde wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of opening a Smart Account DON'T DO IT. It is a total & utter nightmare. Their computer system is totally unreliable. You will find yourself at a checkout somewhere with your card not being accepted. Transactions are regularly missing from your account so you don't know where you stand. Also you may make 1 lodgement and it will show up 3 or 4 times. I just received a demand letter to repay €200 for a lodgement they say I never made but I did. It is a total S'*tstorm. What is worse, there does not appear to be any end to it. Their customer service departments are worse than useless. They take their time to respond. When they do respond all you get is a scripted response with absolutely no sincerity. You have to do all the chasing and instigate contact.

I attempted to close my account over a month ago, filled out all the paperwork etc only for it still to be open. I will never use it again regardless.

lemush wrote: »
    I attempted to close my account over a month ago, filled out all the paperwork etc only for it still to be open. I will never use it again regardless.

I strongly recommend you check out the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) on the Data Commissioners website. A full record of all information held by them about you can be obtained from An Post for a fee of just €6.35. They have to reply within 1 month. Secondly, threaten to go Nuclear on their ass by stating your intention to lodge a formal complaint with the Financial Services & Pensions Ombudsman, this is free to do.

Make resolving your issue in a timely manner a lot easier than having to deal with the mountain of work your GDPR request and subsequent complaint to the FSPO would create for them and I am somewhat confident that you will get speedy result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

The reviews, over multiple threads, and elsewhere, have being universally bad for this An Post product. More people need to complain to the FSO/CBI, An Post are in above their depth with this banking offering.

JTMan wrote: »
    The reviews, over multiple threads, and elsewhere, have being universally bad for this An Post product. More people need to complain to the FSO/CBI, An Post are in above their depth with this banking offering.
    Totally agree. My issues have been never ending. The most frightening thing is they are now going to branch out into mortgages!!! I sincerely hope that the FSPO blocks this until they can prove beyond any doubt they are capable of managing their current banking business. Something I very much doubt.

Advertisement