Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treat for girlfriend

Options
  • 02-11-2017 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, my girlfriend has just found out that she's 6+ weeks pregnant.

We have a trip planned to Galway on the 17th of this month for a few days. I wanna get her a treatment or something like this but I've seen that massages are a no no.

She's already getting her nails done so I was just wondering what treatment/s could I surprise her with that would be safe.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Foot massage and a pedicure should be fine, most facial treatments should be ok too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Congrats to ye!! Very exciting news ye must be delighted... Sweet of you to think of treating her... Most treatments are ok the ones to stay away from, as far as I know are heat treatments.. I had the same treat from my hubbie and I got a facial and leg massage, it was heaven..

I would suggest a leg massage, facial, pedicure or massage too.. Any should do.. You could always book her in for a longer time explain to the spa or salon and then she can pick what she likes on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

I was told no facials in the first trimester. I'd check with the salon or spa first. Manicure and pedicure would be a great Idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Firstly, huge congrats!

I’d check with the spa themselves as all salons & spas have different policies for different treatments within the first trimester but they will be able to tell you straight away what she can have done

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

A lot of salons wont do anything in the first trimester. You might be limited to a manicure or pedicure. Possibly a very basic facial.

Edit: I find Bellisimo good, they have beauty and hair in the same salon so handy in that sense. Even a wash and blowdry would be nice if ye are heading out for dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

lashes34 wrote: »
    A lot of salons wont do anything in the first trimester.

I had a facial and massage booked when I was about 8/ 9 weeks pregnant and phoned the salon to tell them as I know you can't use certain essential oils when pregnant. They told me I would have to reschedule til I was 12+ weeks. I think foot massage and reflexology are to be avoided too due to certain presdure points being able to induce contractions.

OP, it is a great idea- don't forget about it as she progresses through the pregnancy (I say this as someone who is 37 weeks pregnant and waddling around the place!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

The Meyrick Hotel do specific maternity treatments I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey guys OP here,

Thanks for all the suggestions here really appreciate it. I'll defo check with a few places before I go. The hair idea is a really good one and maybe dinner after.

Advertisement