Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorrilaz - Dublin - 9th June 2018

Options
  • 02-11-2017 1:23pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭

MCD
    BREAKING!
    Gorillaz live in an open-air concert at Malahide Castle
    Saturday 9th June
    Tickets €69.50 go on sale Thursday, 9th November at 9am
    http://bit.ly/2AalKRh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭weser777

Woo-hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

So how quickly do you guys think this will sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I think quickly - whats the capacity of Malahide? 20,000?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Pity its not in the three arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Can you see them in broad day light?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, it's basically just a normal band concert now.

Also guys I know tickets face value is 69.50 but with charges and such how much will tickets come to does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

DylanB85 wrote: »
    Also guys I know tickets face value is 69.50 but with charges and such how much will tickets come to does anyone know?
    About €66-67

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

DylanB85 wrote: »

If buying online it will be a max of 6.85 extra each, and is likely to be that. Sometimes it might be 6.10 extra, not sure why, but in most cases 6.85.

It is 12.5% of the ticket price up to a max of 6.85, and as most are expensive these days it is usually the max.

If buying a few tickets it is worthwhile buying from an outlet, especially if a gig is unlikely to sell out right away. Sickens me paying it.

In regular outlets, like a shop that sells tickets I think the fee is a max of 3.30 per ticket. Soundcellar in dublin might be cheaper, and the ticketmaster kiosk(s?) might be cheaper again.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Anyone seen if there's an age limit for this gig? I'm presuming it'll be over 18s but my teenage brother would love to go, and I've yet to see any restriction posted yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Anyone seen if there's an age limit for this gig? I'm presuming it'll be over 18s but my teenage brother would love to go, and I've yet to see any restriction posted yet.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/gorillaz-co-dublin-06-09-2018/event/18005363AE86DFC6?artistid=807314&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Please Note:All prices listed exclude fees & charges
    Under 16s to be accompanied by an adult.

In some outdoor gigs they have orderly queues now, which is great. Not sure if iveagh gardens let u18s in, but they had a good queue system, and seemed there were "bouncers" at the top who would have looked for ID, not sure since everybody was well over 18 when I was there. While in other venues with bars it is more likely they will just say over 18s, as otherwise you would have the barmen trying to look for ID.

Was easy to get tickets actually - maybe not as much scramble as I thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

New track with Simbi is better than anything on the album. V strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

kg703 wrote: »
    Was easy to get tickets actually - maybe not as much scramble as I thought?

Eh, Humanz is pretty crap and the concert wasn't too heavily promoted. Just look at how few replies there are in this thread compared to others. Still, got my ticket so happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

The_Mac wrote: »
    Eh, Humanz is pretty crap and the concert wasn't too heavily promoted. Just look at how few replies there are in this thread compared to others. Still, got my ticket so happy out.

each to their own, I really enjoy listening to Humanz only disappointing track for me was hallelujah money. Anyway tickets bought tumblr_mx4plj11u31svl70ro1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

I presume/hope it wont sell out as I'm not planning on getting tickets until the new year. They should have decent support on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The_Mac wrote: »

Ive given it a really good crack of the whip - can't disagree. Its not a good record. So disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

I enjoyed Human's but it wore thin pretty quickly.

Just checked the setlist for their tour and Im actually raging - no rock the house, 19-2000, DARE, Dirty Harry etc.

Ah here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Is it just me who hates when people start posting setlists?

I like to find out what a band is playing on the night.

• Advertisement

budgemook wrote: »

Gorillaz don't post set lists from what I can see on their Twitter or Facebook? But people could just check www.setlist.fm to see. Personally I like looking at setlists so I can brush up on the songs and sing along to them when I go to a show :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

kg703 wrote: »
    Just checked the setlist for their tour and Im actually raging - no rock the house, 19-2000, DARE, Dirty Harry etc.

Ah here

they change it up every few shows. they've been touring since June non stop they have to keep it fresh for themselves as well as the fans. This tour isn't going to end any time soon and Damon has been saying he will most likely have another album done before they finish touring this album so will release that and go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Might pick up tickets closer to the date. Got tickets for their gig in Brighton in a few weeks in a fairly small venue so happy with that for now.

It is unfortunate that they don't play some of their older hits but it's somewhat understandable as they've always been an album touring band with their various collaborators.

I really like Humanz bar the odd track or two, really looking forward to hearing it live.

budgemook wrote: »

Oops sorry! I check the setlists for everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Just to bump this - got some tickets for Christmas, so will be going as well. Best to look at accommodation around Malahide/Portmarnock or better to just stay in city? Traveling from Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Just to bump this - got some tickets for Christmas, so will be going as well. Best to look at accommodation around Malahide/Portmarnock or better to just stay in city? Traveling from Galway.

Get the train, door to door for you. Do not drive. Repeat. Do not drive to this venue. It is a nightmare to get out of. The usual MCD thing of not bothering with staff or lighting after the gig so its a total free for all.

Walk back into Malahide and then get a taxi back into town or just stay in Malahide for a few pints and a kip as it'll be close to 12 by the time you're out of the gig anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Is there a website with details on getting to and from the venue and times of gates / finishing etc..? I'm travelling up from Galway but can't find anything?

Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Goodlaaaaad

I'd love to go to this but I have LCD Soundsystem the week before. Hard to justify two expensive gigs within a week all the way out in Malahide.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Is there a website with details on getting to and from the venue and times of gates / finishing etc..? I'm travelling up from Galway but can't find anything?

Thanks..

The only thing I've seen with times myself is the 16:00 on the ticket. In the absence of any decent information, I just got somewhere to stay in Malahide so now I just need to figure out what time to be there and how you get into the gig as a pedestrian. I've never been to a gig in Malahide Castle before.

Anyone know anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

We are staying in Portmarnock. Going to get the 102 bus (I think) from there to Malahide cricket club, then it's about a 20 minute walk according to Google maps.

Never been to a gig there before, and had no clue about getting there either. Hoping I have done my research well. Might be a bit of an adventure, but sure so be it! :D

Advertisement