Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance within 50m of a stream

Options
  • 02-11-2017 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,945 ✭✭✭✭

Are there any insurance providers that don't ask about distance from a stream/lake etc, or ask for less than 40m?
    We live 45m away from a stream (and about 10m above it) but most providers ask if you're within 50m or more.
    It really limits competitive quotes for us.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Get a flood map for the stream and send it to the insurances. Helped me once.

I also got refused a quotation as I was within 10m for a stream. Didn't care that my apartment was 30 m above it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Varta

I am in a similar situation and have house insurance from FBD. They didn't ask about proximity but only if the house had ever been flooded.

Advertisement