Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch warranty repair/replacement opinions?

Options
  • 02-11-2017 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

I checked the time yesterday only to discover the glass was gone off my watch
    :( Bought it from Watches2U via amazon.co.uk in March for €70.. Contacted them and they've referred me to the company that handles warranties... They've now gotten back to me to say the lens isn't normally covered under warranty and want me to return the watch for inspection. Am I wasting my time (haha :rolleyes:) and money here do you think? Like the glass fell out at some stage for no reason when I was sauntering around shopping - I didn't whack it off something and smash it? It just disappeared!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi OP

The manufacturer wouldn't cover you for accidental damage -

You would be covered for manufacturing faults and it must be of merchantable quality; which means it must be able to stand up to the wear and tear of 'normal' usage for a reasonable duration.

Now what they are saying, you might have caused this issue and that they want to examine the watch to see if this is the case. thats reasonable. If you don't accept their decision, you can contact amazon via web chat and i have found them very reasonable indeed.

so the best thing to do is agree to allow them examine and see what their response is. i would expect that if they determine you have a case, IE it is faulty housing etc, then they should also refund the cost of returning the watch to them.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

so the best thing to do is agree to allow them examine and see what their response is. i would expect that if they determine you have a case, IE it is faulty housing etc, then they should also refund the cost of returning the watch to them.

X

Thanks! Yep that's what I'm planning to do - send it back today and see what they come back with. If they dispute I'll see if Amazon can help out. I don't see how it can be wear and tear - maybe if I was rocking climbing lol but i'm sooooo careful with it because it's a normal watch i.e. not like my old g-shocks that were shock and waterproof. I don't even wear this one when I have my gloves on in the morning walking the dogs so as not to squash it!

Advertisement