Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dodgy plumbers

Options
  • 02-11-2017 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

got a new boiler 2 years ago and stopped working, the supplier refuses to answer my calls and no one else will look at it. its a Ravenheat boiler and everyone says its gone. has anyone had this experience? can i complain to someone or just name and shame him on the internet

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Moved to Consumer Issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,023 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Phone from another phone first of all

Registered letter next.

You aren't to attempt a name and shame here and its effectively pointless anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

Follow this :

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/courts_system/small_claims_court.html

You can go to the small claims court, if the claim is under €2k

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You have a warranty with the receipt /invoice that the installer gave you. The manifacture will send out an engineer free of charge. Contact the manufacturer or agent in Ireland

I don't see what your problem is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

what kind of warranty does the installer offer on job. its outside 2 years so any warranty left is probably with the manufacturer

you should post up in the plumbing section what the problem is . someone could help. most boilers are repairable unless its totally ruined

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Who did you buy the boiler from? If you can't contact them, next step would be a registered letter to their business address informing them of your issues and your intention to proceed to SCC if they do not address your issue.

EDIT: How much was the boiler BTW?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

got a new boiler 2 years ago and stopped working, the supplier refuses to answer my calls and no one else will look at it. its a Ravenheat boiler and everyone says its gone. has anyone had this experience? can i complain to someone or just name and shame him on the internet

On reading this again it comes across as nonsense tbh.

Boiler has a 2 years parts and labour warranty.

OP can go the small claims route but in sure they want heat now and not in 12 months time.

It might not be the installers fault. Has the boiler been serviced correctly? If so the person who serviced it will be able to repair it

The installer could be in hospital or even passed away.

To say that no one will look at it is ridiculous. People repair boilers for a living. Why not would they refuse to even look at it. There's a list of RGI plumbers online

It may not even be the boiler. The system may just be low on water /pressure. It might be a fuse. Op should post what is wrong with the boiler in the plumbing forum here and RGI plumber will help troubleshoot the boiler.

OP needs to take a bit of responsibility here. If it turns out to be the installers fault op can still go down the small claims court route but posting here isn't going to get heat into the house.

Advertisement