Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move number from Virgin to eir (Home phone)

Options
  • 02-11-2017 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭

I just joined eir Broadband + home.

The home phone with eir is voice-over-broadband (phone connected to the router). 

I still have my virgin contract for a few weeks, but I want to port my home phone number over to eir.

How can I do this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

I just joined eir Broadband + home.

The home phone with eir is voice-over-broadband (phone connected to the router). 

I still have my virgin contract for a few weeks, but I want to port my home phone number over to eir.

How can I do this?

Thanks
    Hi there, 

Thanks for getting in touch. If you give our customer care team a ring on 1901 they will be able to look into getting this number for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

What option do I select Adam? nothing seems to suit?

I've gone for Option 2 (Faults) and selected Home Phone / Broadband, currently on hold 15+ mins. 

I already tried Home Move, but they transferred me and I was on hold for 25mins before giving up.

Chat support online is non-existent. 

Can someone help me get this sorted?

Eventually got it. But by god what an effort.

6 attempts and finally got through. Hung up on twice. Not a great start to an 18 month contract I have to say. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

I have had similar frustration just trying to get call catcher removed from my mobile.
    No matter what time of day you ring 1901 there is at least 10/15 mins wait and, while you are waiting you are told to try chat on line. If you then give up your place in the queue, you find that chat is no existant most of the time. Then back to the back of the queue!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

May be tricky to do so because your landline isn’t actually operating through the traditional phoneline, in essence if another provider were to look at your details, you have a dummy landline called a CRN which is effectively your new ‘landline’.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Eventually got it. But by god what an effort.

6 attempts and finally got through. Hung up on twice. Not a great start to an 18 month contract I have to sayApologies for the experience you've in getting through to us, I understand your frustration. I'll pass this feedback on. 
    Apologies for the experience you had in getting through to us, I understand this is frustrating.  I'll pass this feedback on. 

I'm glad to hear you got through in the end. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

fernrock wrote: »
    I have had similar frustration just trying to get call catcher removed from my mobile.
    No matter what time of day you ring 1901 there is at least 10/15 mins wait and, while you are waiting you are  told to try chat on line. If you then give up your place in the queue, you find that chat is no existant most of the time. Then back to the back of the queue!
    I've responded to you on your other thread fernrock. 

Thanks 

Tracey

thelad95 wrote: »
    May be tricky to do so because your landline isn’t actually operating through the traditional phoneline, in essence if another provider were to look at your details, you have a dummy landline called a CRN which is effectively your new ‘landline’.
    They said it was do-able, so fingers crossed. Should take 3-5 days apparently.

Thankfully there's a 14 day cooling off period, so if they can't get my number over I wont be long cancelling and taking Virgin up on their "50% off for 6 months" offer. 

So my number still hasn't ported over. 

Can someone look into this for me?

Customer Care gave me a reference number for my case. Can I PM this for someone to check what the latest status is? 

Forget about it - ended up cancelling my entire bundle (Broadband, TV, home phone). 

The number can't be ported. This was a deal breaker when I joined.

You should really educate your sales team about the complexities of Voice over Broadband and how it can't accept number ports for the time being. 

All in all, just a load of hassle for everyone. 

Called Virgin back, got 6 months half price (32 a month) and 6 months at full price on a 12 month contract. Sher how bad. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Forget about it - ended up cancelling my entire bundle (Broadband, TV, home phone). 

The number can't be ported. This was a deal breaker when I joined.

You should really educate your sales team about the complexities of Voice over Broadband and how it can't accept number ports for the time being. 

All in all, just a load of hassle for everyone. 

Called Virgin back, got 6 months half price (32 a month) and 6 months at full price on a 12 month contract. Sher how bad. 
    Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear that you cancelled your service with us over this issue. I'll pass your feedback about this on to the relevant department. Feel free to get back in touch if you need assistance in the future.

- Adam

Advertisement