Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drop down menus and View First Unread

Options
  • 02-11-2017 7:49pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm having two issues with the site which only started today and I assume might be related.

Firstly, if I use the mouse wheel to scroll through any of the drop down menus - say Topics, Sports, Rugby for example - instead of scrolling through the list of sports I end up scrolling to the bottom of the web page.

Secondly, in a thread if I click View First Unread, although I am brought to the next new post, it lands about half way through the post rather than at the beginning of it.

Neither issue is the end of the world - more of a nuisance really - but if they can be resolved I'd be most grateful.

I'm using Windows 10 and Firefox 56.0.2 (64-bit).

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hey Hermy, after some updates yesterday there are still one or two things going awry. The team will be deploying something this morning that should fix all or a lot of these.

I'll post back here when the deploy has been made so you can let me know if the issues are fixed for you or not.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Cheers Niamh,

Never sure if the issue is my computer or an issue with a website.

Genealogy Forum Mod

How is that looking now, any better?

Still the same on both counts I'm afraid.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Actually, it's all fine on other forums but not on the Help page so maybe problem solved (or almost).

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

There have been a few updates since last post here - has the issue been resolved for you Hermy?

Yes Niamh - it all seems to be back working fine now.

Thanks again.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement