Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New house on little Sugarloaf?

Options
  • 02-11-2017 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

My friend and I were walking above Kilruddery on Monday, and were surprised to see what looks like a new house being built about 2/3 the way up the little Sugarloaf, on the side facing the Bray-Greystones road.

At first we thought it might be part of a film set, but actually it looks more like a real new house.

Does anyone know what it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

My friend and I were walking above Kilruddery on Monday, and were surprised to see what looks like a new house being built about 2/3 the way up the little Sugarloaf, on the side facing the Bray-Greystones road.

At first we thought it might be part of a film set, but actually it looks more like a real new house.

Does anyone know what it is?

Also saw it and just presumed it was part of a film set. Lots of filming going on around there at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Vikings is being filmed there at the moment - they've built a new gravel road through the woods at Belmont, lots of trucks etc going in and out when we were there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Film set

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Into The Badlands is being filmed in and around there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Would be a great way of building a house there without PP though.
    "We're just making this really important movie about a guy who lives up a mountain in a fantastic gaff"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

They left the Braveheart arch there for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Thargor wrote: »
    They left the Braveheart arch there for decades.

That was used in a show called Camelot

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

drake70 wrote: »
    That was used in a show called Camelot
    It was never in Braveheart or it was also used in Camelot?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Thargor wrote: »
    It was never in Braveheart or it was also used in Camelot?

It was definitely used in Camelot. I'm unaware of it being in used in Braveheart, but it may have been.

Here is a clip:

There is a much better view of the little sugarloaf from through the gates but I am unable to find it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Is that you, Michael D?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cockadoodledoo

Esel wrote: »
    It's that you, Michael D?

I wasn’t sure if it was supposed to be a poem or not lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement