Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem running You Tube / Google Play services on Android Netbox

Options
  • 02-11-2017 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

I have a Netbox Android TV Box on which I cannot get my google account to work since yesterday morning.

Originally the google play app was flickering like it was trying to open but couldn't. I cleared the cache which didn't resolve it.
    I then removed my google account entirely, planning on adding it again to get sorted.
    However, now when I try to enter my account details in it is saying 'Cannot connect to Google services'.

The browser on the box is working fine so its not a problem with the internet connection. I've tried multiple times since yesterday morning.

Does anybody have any idea?
    Its on android version 4.4.2 which I know is quite old, but I'm unable to update it to a newer version as I think the box is too old.

Could this be because the android version is too old due to some recent update to the google play app?
    It works perfectly so I really hope that's not the case.
    If anyone can help or offer any advice, it would be appreciated.

I really just want to get You Tube working on it, but when I try to run You Tube it says it cannot run because Google Play is not installed. If there's a way I can get You Tube running without Google Play that would be great.

Comments

Advertisement