Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hmm I like the choice you gave me Fourier. Any thoughts? Treasure if we find any in Thurmonton for 300GP each? I'd be inclined to say yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

i'd be inclined to say yes then go to blight mountains via cantry instead, but that me, lol.

sKeith wrote: »
    i'd be inclined to say yes then go to blight mountains via cantry instead, but that me, lol.

Haha you devious man. He did say MY share though...

although i do like the idea of the 4 day trek through the forest, and we were not told was lies the cantry way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    -5 if animal was loaded by a Teamster (expert in loading animals)

So the random character generator added in traits like Teamster. Are those now relevant or are they available on top of skills, and if so what kinds of perks are available and to whom?

Not that I'm regretting walking away or anything, just asking....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Here is the list of skills, rules about their use following soon.

Strength:
    Intimidation
    Jumping
    Swimming

Intelligence:
    Arcane Lore
    Engineering
    Geography
    History
    Laws (Culture)
    Magical Engineering
    Nature Lore
    Religious Lore

Wisdom:
    Cooking
    First Aid
    Lip Reading
    Navigating
    Tracking
    Sense Motive

Dexterity:
    Balance
    Craft (Art)
    Escape Artist
    Performance
    Riding (Animal)

Charisma:
    Bluff
    Diplomacy
    Disguise
    Etiquette (Culture)
    Gambling
    Intimidation
    Performance (Medium)

Not related to any Attribute:
    Language (Choose)

ill have disguise for 2 riding for 2 and balance for 1 please

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

There was several ways that stint after Xestes banished yous could have went, I really didn't expect that one. I didn't expect your banishment at all even.

Experience:
    Elin: 1,320XP
    Alexander: 1,155 XP
    Saeros: 1,050 XP

So very close to Thurmunton, if that is where you're all going. It'll be the first proper adventure with lots of treasure, monsters and dungeons.

This bit was obviously an intro to get everybody used to the style of the game and the rules, before we undertook something with significant risk!

Travelling in the wilderness prior to any location like Thurmunton will have a random element and often takes the form of:

Day 1: Nothing happens.

You can chat in character each day of course, but there's a good chance you meet nothing on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

There was several ways that stint after Xestes banished yous could have went, I really didn't expect that one. I didn't expect your banishment at all even.

Experience:
    Elin: 1,320XP
    Alexander: 1,155 XP
    Saeros: 1,050 XP

Ooh I'm levelling up! Pg 13 for my levels says Hit Dice (1d4) x 2. So do I just roll another d4 for extra HP?

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Ooh I'm levelling up! Pg 13 for my levels says Hit Dice (1d4) x 2. So do I just roll another d4 for extra HP?
    Yep exactly.

• Advertisement

Awesome. 2 extra Hit Points.

Don't worry, your dwarven shield in game now has 11. I expect I'll be front and centre defending ye now :eek:

Piggy back?

Oh and of course your thief skills have all gone up a bit.

Piggy back?

You won't be saying that when I put on my chainmail armour :pac: I'd be probably classed as a massive item :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Fourier, do I need to specifically say "I load/relearn Sleep" each day after I use the spell? Is there a specific time or way to do that?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Fourier, do I need to specifically say "I load/relearn Sleep" each day after I use the spell? Is there a specific time or way to do that?
    Good question. The answer is yes.

This hasn't been obvious in this intro piece where we've been free form with time, but once we leave Soetrard I'll have posts going "Day 12" etc to indicate we're in a new day and you, OldGoat and Digital Solitude will say your spells for that day.

We'll have to keep track of days for several other things like food.

Good question. The answer is yes.

This hasn't been obvious in this intro piece where we've been free form with time, but once we leave Soetrard I'll have posts going "Day 12" etc to indicate we're in a new day and you, OldGoat and Digital Solitude will say your spells for that day.

We'll have to keep track of days for several other things like food.

One question, are we heading straight out or will we have time to spend our gold before leaving ;)

I know sKeith will want his horsey anyways, seeing that the devil has disappeared...

we are still in temple land / shop land so make whatever detours you want. one of the halflings is in a shop right now.

Necrominus wrote: »
    One question, are we heading straight out or will we have time to spend our gold before leaving ;)

I know sKeith will want his horsey anyways, seeing that the devil has disappeared...
    You'll have time to spend the dough, I'm typing up Askit's return now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I swear on this picture of Lou Zocchi that I will try to stick around long enough this time for the game to kill me! Thanks for letting me pull up a stool to the table again, Fourier.

Banjo wrote: »
    I swear on this picture of Lou Zocchi that I will try to stick around long enough this time for the game to kill me! Thanks for letting me pull up a stool to the table again, Fourier.
    No worries!

Welcome back banjo. I'm delighted.

I'll probably be away all day tomorrow but I'll drop my shopping list in the morning so the game can move on in my absence ;)

Great to have ya back Banjo. Spend that 300GP wisely now!

kPtmNr.png

I'll be adding detail as we progress, but here she is for now.

Each Hex is four miles wide.

Soetrard is the city by the ocean.

The heads with eyes are monster lairs.

HrCrWn.png

I'll be adding detail as we progress, but here she is for now.

Each Hex is four miles wide.

Soetrard is the city by the ocean.

whats the red line
    did you get my pm
    whats the best armour i can wear without it being a masssive item or an encumberance
    can i sell off the items i have to upgrade
    i assume its ok for me to have a longbow the rules say i can have any other weapon apart from the two hander stuff
    did yoi mean toncharge me gold for my rations

Tigger wrote: »
    did yoi mean toncharge me gold for my rations
    yeah, that was why i had my speel about donnies being expensive, was it accident or donnies is just expensive?

sKeith wrote: »
    yeah, that was why i had my speel about donnies being expensive, was it accident or donnies is just expensive?

:)

Wow! Just read back there now, Donnie the Ripoff Elf!!

Sorry, yes should have been sp not gp, but I don't want to retcon sKeith's funny dialogue, so we'll just say he was taking advantage of the poor country halfling. March back in there and demand your coin!

• Advertisement

Ok I've bought my items and am ready to go, may not be on till sometime tomorrow. Move me along as ye see fit :)

Advertisement