Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote: »
    I could throw Arry in my Cart and carry him along until he is back. halfling with 10 items = +5 so total encumbrance is +3 so even have room for another.

Yeah I like that idea :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'll update tomorrow after I re-read the threads.

Welcome back Banjo :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OldGoat wrote: »
    I'll update tomorrow after I re-read the threads.

Welcome back Banjo :)
    Really all that's left is a bit of extra shopping, so I'll probably go ahead with the journey to Thurmunton tonight. Shopping list can be posted with a bit of exposition in the Scene II thread whenever you're ready otherwise, no harm keeping it open for a bit for loose ends.

You could just proceed to the Scene III thread first even, if you want.

New thread is up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

OK, I’ve bought a horse called Clipclop, stuck a saddle and saddle bag on, and loaded in the bedroll, my cursed ghost-mace, 10 days horse feed and horse barding.

My pack has 2 large sacks, 3 sets of 8 torches, flint and steel, 1 flask of oil, rations, a waterskin, a wineskin and a vampire pencil (it may not be a vampire).

I’m wearing my armour (Chain, unless Donnie has a cool cursed option), a Shield, a Flail, A sling with bullets.

My encumbrance I’ve worked out as :

Me : 10 items + Armour (1) = 2

Horse (unladen) : 3 items (0) + Armour (1)

Horse (riding) : 3 items (0) + Armour (1) + 5

10 items doesn’t count the bags, holy symbol (I’m wearing it), bullets (they’re listed as weightless).

Horse items – I didn’t count the saddle or saddle bag. That ok?

I’ve spent 348 . Edit - ghost mace brings it to 350 - I'm broke!

chain mail - 70

Backpack 2

Sack, L x 2 - 0.4

Holy Symbol (w) 1

Bullets x loads : 0

horse 75

saddle 25

saddlebag 0.1

Bedroll 0.1

horse barding 150

horse feed x 10 - 0.5

torch (8) x 3 - 0.9

Oil flask 0.1

Flint n steel 2

Rations (trail) x 5 - 2.5

Waterskin 1

Wineskin 1

Flail 3

Sling 2

Shield 10

Spade 2

• Advertisement

Looks good Banjo. I'll review the gear soon, but you all look pretty prepared.

If anybody doesn't like the wilderness encounter style just let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

FYI: My skill points
    Intimidation (STR) 1
    Balance 1
    Geography 1
    Etiquette 1
    Imtimidation (CHA) 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Guys I'm off to bed. Try not to die overnight. Kay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Sleep well. I'm off too. Things to do tomorrow and I need to be awake to do them!

• Advertisement

Fook me it's kicked off since I was last here :pac:

Just to summarise the hitting rules.

Look at the top table on p.60, scroll down your character's class column until you get to your level. So a 8th level fighter would go 7 rows down.

Then scroll across to the enemies AC. The entry there tells you the number you need to roll (or better) to hit.

An Orc has AC 6, so if a Level 8 Fighter tried to hit him, they'd need to roll an 8 or better.

Modifiers:
    You add your strength modifier to your roll when doing hand-to-hand. Dex modifier when using ranged weapons.

Modifiers are:
    3 => -3
    4-5 => -2
    6-8 => -1
    9-12 => 0
    13-15 => +1
    16-17 => +2
    18 => +3

In addition for ranged weapons, you add +1 when they're close, nothing at middle distance and -1 when far away.

Let's take the example of Elin hitting the zombies:
    Level 1 thief versus zombie of AC 8, hitting with bolt.

Level 1 thief is second row (note that first row is level 0, a regular human, like a farmer), if we scroll across to AC 8, we see the target is 11. So that's what Elin needs to get.

Elin is Dex 18, so she adds +3 to whatever she rolls. The Zombie's are close range so that's an extra +1. +4 in total to whatever she rolls, trying to get 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Fourier wrote: »
    Just to summarise the hitting rules.

Look at the top table on p.60, scroll down your character's class column until you get to your level. So a 8th level fighter would go 7 rows down.

Then scroll across to the enemies AC. The entry there tells you the number you need to roll (or better) to hit.

An Orc has AC 6, so if a Level 8 Fighter tried to hit him, they'd need to roll an 8 or better.

Modifiers:
    You add your strength modifier to your roll when doing hand-to-hand. Dex modifier when using ranged weapons.

Modifiers are:
    3 => -3
    4-5 => -2
    6-8 => -1
    9-12 => 0
    13-15 => +1
    16-17 => +2
    18 => +3

In addition for ranged weapons, you add +1 when they're close, nothing at middle distance and -1 when far away.

Let's take the example of Elin hitting the zombies:
    Level 1 thief versus zombie of AC 8, hitting with bolt.

Level 1 thief is second row (note that first row is level 0, a regular human, like a farmer), if we scroll across to AC 8, we see the target is 11. So that's what Elin needs to get.

Elin is Dex 18, so she adds +3 to whatever she rolls. The Zombie's are close range so that's an extra +1. +4 in total to whatever she rolls, trying to get 11.

dex 18 is a serious shot

Tigger wrote: »
    dex 18 is a serious shot

Unfortunately I get **** rolls so I needed all the help I could get. Also thieves have to be dexterous.

No one died last night at least.... :P

Night ain't over yet :)

DigiSol could still turn a few of them. Also, since they're undead there's a reasonable chance they're drawn to my ghost-magnet mace and maybe I can provide a distraction by trying to push through them? Clipclop is armoured and it would be in-character for me (bravery : foolhardy, plus my God has instructed me to ignore them).

Do zombies roam wild or are they an indication that there's something worse out there controlling them? 'cause worse things tend to have treasure... ;)

Banjo wrote:
    DigiSol could still turn a few of them. Also, since they're undead there's a reasonable chance they're drawn to my ghost-magnet mace and maybe I can provide a distraction by trying to push through them? Clipclop is armoured and it would be in-character for me (bravery : foolhardy, plus my God has instructed me to ignore them).

True I forgot Digi could use the turn undead as well.

Are you suggesting we use you as a human shield :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Necrominus wrote: »
    True I forgot Digi could use the turn undead as well.

i think all humans are bsically sheilds

Tigger wrote:
    i think all humans are bsically sheilds

Just as well I'm a dwarf then :P

Necrominus wrote: »

Well... yeah, sure! I mean, I already took care of nearly half of them for you, the least I can do is take care of the other half :D I have low strength though and these buggers seem to be pretty resilient and I can't see in the dark. And if I get my torch lit, presumably that will act as a beacon for the less supernatural nasties out there. All I'm saying is if it works as a distraction, chop them up nice and quick.

The only thing is we haven't worked out who Alexander is doubled up with, 'cause he cheaped out on buying a horse. So if I gallop into the fray and it turns out he's with me... well... I suppose he lived as he died - torn apart and eaten by the undead.

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote:
    Well... yeah, sure! I mean, I already took care of nearly half of them for you, the least I can do is take care of the other half I have low strength though and these buggers seem to be pretty resilient and I can't see in the dark. And if I get my torch lit, presumably that will act as a beacon for the less supernatural nasties out there. All I'm saying is if it works as a distraction, chop them up nice and quick.

Well, I'm in the fray already having charged into battle stupidly. I can also see in the dark and I'm relatively hard to hit (AC 3 means a 16 or higher). So off ye all go to Thurmonton and let the dwarf take one for the team...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

300 gold. Ok, missed that :P

Since we've left town, I'll keep it handy, I guess, and be in charge of bribes and such :P

Don't say that out loud! The DM will hear you! See how the fight is going, see if you need to ret-con a dog purchase and some retainer hiring into Scene II :D

Look how much better this looks :
    Lord TSC wrote:
    Alexander sees the zombies and looks for something to take cover behind, leaving the fighting, for now, to the more physically abled fighters in the group. And Fleshripper, his humongous, ravenous bull mastif.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Just a quick update before I get to read the new thread.

Item: Qty: GP: Weight
    longbow 1 30 3
    Quiver/Arrows(20) 2 10 6
    Spear 1 3 6
    Short sword 1 7 2
    Chain mail 1 70 30
    Shield 1 10 10
    Backpack 1 2 2
    Bedroll 1 0.1 5
    Crowbar 1 2 5
    Grappling hook 1 1 4
    Ink 1 8
    Quill 1 0.1
    Mirror 1 10 0.5
    Rations (trail) 20 10 20
    Rope silk 1 10 0.5
    Sack lge 2 0.4 1
    saddle 1 75 25
    saddlebags 2 0.5 1
    spellbook 1 15 3
    Wineskins 2 2 8
    wine 4 2 1
    Wolfsbane 1 10
    Horse Draft 1 40
    Horsefood 20 1

Current spell - Magic Missile

Skills (5pts):
    Intimadation
    Bluff (x2)
    Nature Lore
    Balance

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Right so we're going for the zombies remaining then?

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Right so we're going for the zombies remaining then?

Well Am anyways seeing as 4 of the bastids went for me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sure thing, but i'll be an hour before I will be able to roll.

Removal of heads and firey burning. I've hit my one anyway thanks be to the dice gods.

Me too :) I'll try to keep up but wanted to get it in early as I'm knee deep in rehearsals tonight

• Advertisement

What in the actual ****? So I have a blood drinking pencil that will give me awesome berserker powers?

You know my gal is chaotic, right. There's no way I'm not going to abuse this at some point and get us all killed... Apologies in advance...

Now I'm very worried about that mace...

Tigger, you need a torch lit?

Advertisement