Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    What in the actual ****? So I have a blood drinking pencil that will give me awesome berserker powers?

You know my gal is chaotic, right. There's no way I'm not going to abuse this at some point and get us all killed... Apologies in advance...
    It was too zany not to use and actually neatly fits in with a plot point down the road, as well as providing Legacy of Kain parody material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Whats the dealio with horses and encumbrance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

ive never been in the room or realm when the places we are going was discussed
    where are we going
    thats what i ned lit !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Tigger wrote: »
    ive never been in the room or realm when the places we are going was discussed
    where are we going
    thats what i ned lit !

Just posted it for ya in game thread sir ;)

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »

we travel
    at the speed of our most encunbered but i should scout ahead in the daylight
    im deliberitly keepng my encumberance 0 or 1 incase i decide to leave my Humility behind :)

we travel
    at the speed of our most encunbered but i should scout ahead in the daylight
    im deliberitly keepng my encumberance 0 or 1 incase i decide to leave my Humility behind :)

Who is our most encumbered? Ekbard's cart can take anything to lighten the load I expect.

I'm at 1 for myself and 8/9 for the horse with me riding it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm at 2 or 3, can't remember if I factored in the mace and pencil and my horse is 6 with me on it.

Banjo, why are you honour bound to follow me :pac: Not that I'm complaining of course :)

Necrominus wrote: »
    Who is our most encumbered? Ekbard's cart can take anything to lighten the load I expect.

I'm at 1 for myself and 8/9 for the horse with me riding it

are you ? i thought you were at 2 for the armour alone
    if gou are i think ill power game my way into your armour class

• Advertisement

okay, Arry is now riding with me, and we are still only at Horse encumbrance 3
    So I can take more.

Who else is horseless?

Banjo, why are you honour bound to follow me :pac: Not that I'm complaining of course :)

Basically my God speaks to me through a magic 8-ball that I wear round my neck. I roll a d4 and get help/hinder/inquire/ignore. When I first Blinked into the story you got Help, so I have to continue to help you. Until Jammai changes her mind... I was secretly hoping I'd have to defend the zombies from you :)

BTW I removed that bit from the thread 'cause you had posted an in-earshot description of the choice. Not because I have anything to hide...

are you ? i thought you were at 2 for the armour alone
    if gou are i think ill power game my way into your armour class

Nope, only the 1 for (banded mail). Fourier can confirm though. Then I have 5 items on me. Axe, shield, backpack, hammer and the armour itself. Rest is on my horse. Wanted to make myself a tank

Basically my God speaks to me through a magic 8-ball that I wear round my neck. I roll a d4 and get help/hinder/inquire/ignore. When I first Blinked into the story you got Help, so I have to continue to help you. Until Jammai changes her mind... I was secretly hoping I'd have to defend the zombies from you :)

BTW I removed that bit from the thread 'cause you had posted an in-earshot description of the choice. Not because I have anything to hide...

ah yes
    a chaotic neutral :) , im one in real life :)

okay, Arry is now riding with me, and we are still only at Horse encumbrance 3
    So I can take more.

Who else is horseless?

Lordie has no horse and neither does Digi

Nope, only the 1 for (banded mail). Fourier can confirm though. Then I have 5 items on me. Axe, shield, backpack, hammer and the armour itself. Rest is on my horse. Wanted to make myself a tank
    is backpack empty?

Speaking of horses, who's going to mind them while we're in that tomb? Hire a retainer or two in Thurmonton?

is backpack empty?

My hammer is in there in case I need to switch to it if I lose my axe. Other than that, yes

i assumed it was +2 but if i can have an unencumbered hafling at ac4 ill do that
    we are all on the same team (tries not to make eye contact with banjo) so its all good

okay, i'll check their characters and see what hey cost.

• Advertisement

i assumed it was +2 but if i can have an unencumbered hafling at ac4 ill do that
    we are all on the same team (tries not to make eye contact with banjo) so its all good

I'm at +3 :) An extra one for my shield

i can take they heavier of the two, they are both humans
    For horse encumbrance +5 , +1 for every 5 objects they carry.

if oldgoat has a horse, he could likely take the other

I'm at +3 :) An extra one for my shield

no + 2 encumberance
    i get your ac its spot on and very helpful but i think i should have taken the banded mail if your right
    id then be at ac 4 or 2 against large creatures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I have a horse
    Speaking of horses, who's going to mind them while we're in that tomb? Hire a retainer or two in Thurmonton?

Hide them round the back of the shed

i can take they heavier of the two, they are both humans
    For horse encumbrance +5 , +1 for every 5 objects they carry.

Take Lord. Digi has his own horse now

if not, i can take them both but we drop down to
    11-15: 36 miles per day travelling, 180 feet in ten minutes
    as a party

no + 2 encumberance
    i get your ac its spot on and very helpful but i think i should have taken the banded mail if your right
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105203262&postcount=1

can definitly take lord and still go at full speed. anybody else?

• Advertisement

no + 2 encumberance

Might be best for Fourier to confirm re: banded mail being a +1 or +2. You can pick some up in the town before we hit the tomb if it's +1

Advertisement