Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote: »

Yeah I presumed banded mail was chain armour. Chainmail...??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Necrominus wrote: »
    Might be best for Fourier to confirm re: banded mail being a +1 or +2. You can pick some up in the town before we hit the tomb if it's +1

yeah insent him a pm
    ive never player 1e before so im useing more complicated rules in my head

i presumed to opposite as plate mail isnt on the list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

yep, we'll need a call 9on that, as i made same assumption you did, but may be wrong, im already encumbrace two anyhow.

It won't make a huge difference anyways to me I'll be +2 like you keith if it is plate armour

• Advertisement

i have the same armour, so i'll goto plus 3 unless i carry less stuff. i could go two handed and lose the shield to get 10 damage points.

but i need to get more hit points before then.

I'm gonna pick up a sword and dump the hammer in Thurmonton anyways. Axe is nice but the d8 for the sword is tempting me too much. Tempted to go bastard sword for the lols though

but i need to get more hit points before then.

Have you not leveled up yet? You might when Fourier calculates EXP for the zombie fight

It won't make a huge difference anyways to me I'll be +2 like you keith if it is plate armour

yeah im more thinking im being stupid than anythind else
    ac 7 makes me vunersble
    ive bever played a hafling befor im normally a mage and in later editions they dont get to wear decent armour

• Advertisement

Have you not leveled up yet? You might when Fourier calculates EXP for the zombie fight

nobody has only gou i tgought

the min two for the bastard look good, but the max ten looks inviting too, difficult choice

Tigger wrote: »
    nobody has only gou i tgought

Moy as well he levelled up after the devil fight, oh and Elin our thief is level 2

The thief too.

Banjo wrote: »
    Speaking of horses, who's going to mind them while we're in that tomb? Hire a retainer or two in Thurmonton?

I was given money for the purpose of retainers and stuff like that. I dont know how they work, so you'll have to bring me up to speed on that.

I was given money for the purpose of retainers and stuff like that. I dont know how they work, so you'll have to bring me up to speed on that.

horses goninto stables
    stables cost money but we are rich so that no worries
    retainers are like redshirts in startrek
    we pay them daily and then we let them
    get killed befor the big treaseue so we do have to share

Ekbards Latest inventory

Ekbard - [XP 1694/2035]
    Banded Mail armour (worn)
    sword (in hand)
    shield (wielded)
    backpack (worn)

Horse
    saddle
    cart (attached)
    - flint & steel
    - 15 presereved rations
    - waterskin
    - 99 days horse feed.
    - rope
    - bedroll
    - 2x large sack
    - barrel of mulled wine
    - 5x javenin

money 965gp
    taken their share of 1000gp: Goodie

encumberance
    ekbard 1
    horse -8 (+2 for 11 items, -10 for cart)
    ekbard and horse & cart -2 (+5 for human , +3 for 15 items, -10 for cart)
    Arry (+3 halfling 10 items)
    Lord (+5 for human 8 items)
    ekbard arry & alex (horse & cart) +9 (+10 humans, +3 halfling, 33 items +6, -10 for cart)

( that is .. 0-10: 48 miles per day travelling, 240 feet in ten minutes)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Might be best for Fourier to confirm re: banded mail being a +1 or +2. You can pick some up in the town before we hit the tomb if it's +1
    Banded mail is +1, it's really just a slightly reinforced chain mail.

Out of interest it never existed, it came from 19th century historians misunderstanding how medieval armour was made. However it was put into early wargames as a result and ultimately entered D&D.

Fourier wrote: »
    Banded mail is +1, it's really just a slightly reinforced chain mail.

Out of interest it never existed, it came from 19th century historians misunderstanding how medieval armour was made. However it was put into early wargames as a result and ultimately entered D&D.
    well some people think its the scaloped mail that roman heavy infantry wore
    i did ask earlier in this thread what the halfling can have
    whats the red line
    did you get my pm
    whats the best armour i can wear without it being a masssive item or an encumberance
    can i sell off the items i have to upgrade
    i assume its ok for me to have a longbow the rules say i can have any other weapon apart from the two hander stuff
    did yoi mean toncharge me gold for my rations

I've made no changes to the class abilities so a halfling's weapon and armour limitations are just the ones given on p.11

• Advertisement

Clerics what kind of environment would you like your gods main temples to be in, jungle, swamp, city, etc?

well some people think its the scaloped mail that roman heavy infantry wore
    I think the idea was that in the middle ages people combined that roman armour with splint mail. It was based on the assumption that medieval people based their technology on roman tech. It turns out this is not the case hence the armour never existed. (Even stronger evidence, no example has ever been found).

It suited early war gamers as a midway between chain and plate.

Pity as it looks cool.

You all get 44xp from the zombies. Ye've yet to search for treasure, but it's not going to be a lot, maybe 1gp, so whether you want to bother or not is up to you.

Bandylegs equipment:

On Person:
    1 banded mail
    1 hand axe (Can survive 2 fumbles (rolls of 1))
    1 hand hammer (Can survive 2 fumbles (rolls of 1))
    1 Back pack
    1 shield
    Encumbrance is 1.

(On horse)
    20 preserved rations
    12 Iron spikes
    1 winter blanket
    2 sheets of paper taken from Askit’s desk
    2 Wineskins & 2 pints of wine.
    1 mirror
    1 pick
    2 large sacks
    1 small sack
    1 studded leather armour (cursed): Causes Blink (teleportation) when near a statue or idol of one of the major Gods.
    1 horse - Shadeflame, a black mare
    1 saddlebag
    23 days of feed
    Encumbrance = 2 (+ dwarf riding = 8)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ye've yet to search for treasure, but it's not going to be a lot, maybe 1gp, so whether you want to bother or not is up to you.

Au contraire! I frisked all of the main group and bashed their heads in with a ghost-magnet, in case their spirits powered it up or something prior to trying to break Moy's faith and steal Xanthea's soul (I didn't roll a d20 cause I figured they're dead so there's no danger of them dodging and no pressure on me to make me miss). It was more for the head-smashy kicks than for money though, so there's no need to roll for treasure.
    Clerics what kind of environment would you like your gods main temples to be in, jungle, swamp, city, etc?
    I'm not sure that Jammai has any temples. That would require a significant number of her followers to agree at any given time on what exactly her will is, without killing or being killed by anyone who disagrees with them. But there would be a kind of seminary, it'll be in a city and it should be very, very far away.

I've made no changes to the class abilities so a halfling's weapon and armour limitations are just the ones given on p.11

thebremoval of weight as an issue is why i was confused
    ah well live and learn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Forest, round towers for the most part. The only real temple is the hearthstone of the faith, Carrig Eisteoir (I'm a sucker for gaeilge in D&D), on a hill near where Nír spoke to the first. Monasteries are spread throughout the land, normally at junctions or halfway points between towns or larger villages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Fourier can I ask where you got that map from btw? Is it a standard map or did you generate it somewhere? It's pretty sweet.

I made it in Hexographer. The free version is more than enough to make good quality maps for D&D and a doddle to use.

• Advertisement

thebremoval of weight as an issue is why i was confused
    ah well live and learn
    Ah I see what you mean, I thought you meant the class limitations.

Basically only plate mail is +2 and anything with an AC greater than chain!ail is +0.

Advertisement