Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote: »
    you need for bandy to share his knowledge before that can happen.

Bandylegs will share his knowledge, I reckon we have need for a spell to find the location of the entrance. Charm Person should do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

sKeith wrote: »
    you need for bandy to share his knowledge before that can happen.

yup
    thats the point
    we cant discuss in game stiff tgat we dont know yet
    the only reason i asked about the 1000 gp stuff was cos its a mechanic going forward and i wanted to understand what we are as a group
    the thief is in charachter as a thief for example but so will goodies predjuuces towards theives
    its flavor

can i also say that at this point the three main flavor people
    keith and banjo and necro who have never played befor
    you stuff is intimidating me its so imaginatitive
    really good writing and thing

usual tigger cevats apply

Tigger wrote: »
    yup
    thats the point
    we cant discuss in game stiff tgat we dont know yet
    the only reason i asked about the 1000 gp stuff was cos its a mechanic going forward and i wanted to understand what we are as a group
    the thief is in charachter as a thief for example but so will goodies predjuuces towards theives
    its flavor

I think I get ya. If it were a RL game it wouldn't be allowed to come out of character and plot our movements so it should be the same here. Sorry. I'll not mention stuff like that here again.

Necrominus wrote: »
    I think I get ya. If it were a RL game it wouldn't be allowed to come out of character and plot our movements so it should be the same here. Sorry. I'll not mention stuff like that here again.

dont be sorry
    im just teting to explein how the game works best in my experiance

• Advertisement

I'm really enjoying it. As I said I haven't played in years and even at that it was an amateur enough game when I did. Love the complexities and how to work them out, and that the individual characters get their own little errands and tasks to run.

I'm really enjoying it. As I said I haven't played in years and even at that it was an amateur enough game when I did. Love the complexities and how to work them out, and that the individual characters get their own little errands and tasks to run.

Four is doing class
    specially cos he thoight wed do 3 posts a week day what ever it was
    lol
    id say he has some level of detail for us coming

Tigger wrote:
    Four is doing class specially cos he thoight wed do 3 posts a week day what ever it was lol id say he has some level of detail for us coming

I did warn him to be fair :D
    Will be quieter next week on my front though with WW game and the panto

I did warn him to be fair :D
    Will be quieter next week on my front though with WW game and the panto

wheres me tickets
    which i will pay for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Tigger wrote: »
    wheres me tickets
    which i will pay for

i might drive across the country to see it.... :D

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote:
    wheres me tickets which i will pay for

I can book some for ya if you like surely. What night do ya want (Thursday to Sunday, or matinee on Sunday afternoon)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Bandylegs will share his knowledge, I reckon we have need for a spell to find the location of the entrance. Charm Person should do the trick.
    If only you hadn't pissed off the magicelf who also has a bonus when looking for supersekret doors. So that'll be 12% of the 25% of the 50% of everything you get from the 10% cut of the booty. :D

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Unless I missed it there are only the 3 alignments so I am Lawful. Is exp given on how well a character plays to their alignment?
    I've been playing Lawful/Neutral, Lawful on big picture things but I don't sweat the small things like (trying to) fixing a tourney.
    Would I get a more exp if I were to be a proper goody two shoes?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Surely it's a hidden entrance in a rocky canyon - the Dwarf would have a much better chance of finding it than you?

Apropos of nothing, will my really low charisma score inhibit my ability to utilise my character's inherent "secret weapon" to garner information from men or is the only barrier my own lack of comfort or ability in writing my character performing any kind of hamfisted seduction?

Edit : (re: alignment) God I hope not. There's no room in the Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic single-facet alignment for good or evil, and it suggests that Lawfuls are good and Chaotics are evil, which is the kind of bull**** agenda those Lawfuls are *always* trying to push.

OldGoat wrote: »
    If only you hadn't pissed off the magicelf who also has a bonus when looking for supersekret doors. So that'll be 12% of the 25% of the 50% of everything you get from the 10% cut of the booty. :D

:mad:

I'm not bothered about the money, I want the juicy XP from carrying out as much as we possibly can tbh.

Bandylegs on the other hand.... he might manage to put a window in the shack of his planned monument to Vergedain:pac::pac::pac:

I'm going to have the kids to myself all weekend so I may not be available much for a while and I'm likely to be at my absolute wits end if I am around :D Apologies in advance if I miss anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Actually yes, all players should be aware that there's a Werewolf game starting here on the board on Sunday so quite a few of us might be AWOL for the next week while we concentrate on that.
    At least until we're viciously murdered by wolves or our fellow villagers. :D If you non-players are around the forum during the week you should pop your heads into the thread and witness the carnage as we all turn on each other and make bad decisions.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Actually yes, all players should be aware that there's a Werewolf game starting here on the board on Sunday so quite a few of us might be AWOL for the next week while we concentrate on that.
    At least until we're viciously murdered by wolves or our fellow villagers. :D If you non-players are around the forum during the week you should pop your heads into the thread and witness the carnage as we all turn on each other and make bad decisions.

Alternatively they could sign up, still time as far as I know ;)

*Looking at you Fourier, Banjo and OldGoat:D:D:D

I tried to decipher what the point of the game was but I just couldn't get it. Also, the last thing I need is yet another reason to be constantly refreshing Boards on my phone and laptop. I'm a one man DDOS.

Banjo wrote:
    I tried to decipher what the point of the game was but I just couldn't get it. Also, the last thing I need is yet another reason to be constantly refreshing Boards on my phone and laptop. I'm a one man DDOS.

Point? :pac: It's fun is all :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Banjo wrote: »
    This thread would be a good start. What is werewolf

ok, my interest is piqued :D

Yay banjo. Get in!!!!

Excellent...

*One of us, one of us*

:P

I feel like Four would be a kindred spirit for QB. He seems super organised.

Mollyb60 wrote:
    I feel like Four would be a kindred spirit for QB. He seems super organised.

I was thinking the same thing myself yesterday actually :pac:

Mollyb60 wrote: »

ill be on more cos of the wolfwere game aso ill be posting more here
    side quest ftw

Banjo wrote: »
    ok, my interest is piqued :D

yay new friends to fall out with :)

Awww Bandy's got a girlfriend!!!

Assume Elin is hanging out in a dark corner of the local alehouse brooding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Again very busy today!! Actually much more free tomorrow!

Advertisement