Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Tigger wrote: »
    how do youbmean ressurect?
    Just to expand on the link. If you die you can:

(i) Just start as a totally new character
    (ii) Continue as a retainer
    (iii) Your original character is brought back to life*

All have the same mechanical consequences: you will be back to Level 1 and you'll have to get your old gear from your body or from the party if they take it.

Just tell me which you'd prefer when your character dies.

*Either the gods send them back, or the party pays an advanced enough cleric to restore them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Fourier wrote: »
    Just to expand on the link. If you die you can:

(i) Just start as a totally new character
    (ii) Continue as a retainer
    (iii) Your original character is brought back to life*

All have the same mechanical consequences: you will be back to Level 1 and you'll have to get your old gear from your body or from the party if they take it.

Just tell me which you'd prefer when your character dies.

*Either the gods send them back, or the party pays an advanced enough cleric to restore them.

i don't plan to die but now i understand why keith rode the head off tht devil

death or glory
    i have till thursday to devies a plan
    i feel a rockslide coming on

I'll continue with Ekbard and Saeros until the point where they reach the bluff.

keith is happybto win the rock picking up and putting down i see

hes from the Elin school of teamwork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Disappointed that no one has stripped the general store bare while we have the shopkeeper busy. It's alright for all you level 2s, I need another 1d6 of hit points if I'm going to survive these feckin' orcs!
    Also, if Saeros leaves the field, who's going to capitalise on Ekbard throwing the competition? Does Ekbard know he's not going to earn any coin if he throws the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Metagaming here but once Saeros learns of the giantess we might have to tweak the betting scam and have Ekbard actually win the event rather than throw it, by nobbling the surefire besotted wench, perhaps with the dwarfs help. Smart money is bet on Betty, shrewd money is on fixing the game.

If we live that long.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Well, with that smooth talking lothario Bandylegs about, her knees will be too weak for boulder lifting. But is the idea here not that you can head to the canyon or you can experience the tournament, but you can't do both?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Kinda hoping to get back for the end of the tourney. Big picture though is my Awful Lawful alignment, I gots to go help with the main group even if it costs me a gambling setup to do so.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

OldGoat wrote: »
    Kinda hoping to get back for the end of the tourney. Big picture though is my Awful Lawful alignment, I gots to go help with the main group even if it costs me a gambling setup to do so.

Ekbard's Lawful alignment, would also kick in if he thought the gang were in any danger. Currently though, all Ekbard knows, is that the gang have left town, with the 4 time tourney winner, Big Betty, and this info came from an Inn, where all the best plans are made, maybe Saeros has gotten the whole gang working together with fixing the tourney.

• Advertisement

Just reading Werewolf there and I thought early D&D was a lethal game, I'm running Care Bears: The RPG by comparison!

You really have to keep track of what everybody has said!

You bastards! First it was "d&d, it won't take much of your time" then it was "come and play Werewolf, it's great fun and not at all stressful"

I should have stuck to Pokemon.

Hey, what ever happened to that Pokemon playthrough?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

You're welcome!

Just reading Werewolf there and I thought early D&D was a lethal game, I'm running Care Bears: The RPG by comparison!

You really have to keep track of what everybody has said!

If you are following along, make sure to request some Dead Room access, either in purgatory or just pm the mods (tsc or bj) for help to get in there. It makes the following along experience much more enjoyable.

sKeith wrote: »
    If you are following along, make sure to request some Dead Room access, either in purgatory or just pm the mods (tsc or bj) for help to get in there. It makes the following along experience much more enjoyable.

happy 300oth post buddy

Tomorrow is thorsday so what time we upnagain

Do people feel free enough to continue or is werewolf too consuming still? If so we could just wait until it finishes.

Well... Some of us may or may not suddenly have a lot of time on our hands....

Edit: I've missed editing posts!

Caveat : Lord TSC should get final call on when we start this badboy back up.

Banjo wrote: »
    Well... Some of us may or may not suddenly have a lot of time on our hands....

Edit: I've missed editing posts!

Caveat : everyone seems to have a role, Lord TSC should get final call on when we start this badboy back up.

i thought we agreed onnthirsday
    ah well i was looking forward to this

im not to the bluff yet!

• Advertisement

Fourier, just making sure you have not mixed up cantry and clayton again ;)

sKeith wrote: »
    Fourier, just making sure you have not mixed up cantry and clayton again ;)
    Ha, I got nervous there! I've checked again, luckily all is well. Cantry is the one south of Thurmunton, back outside the forest. Clayton is in the southern forest and the old man means that one

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Do people feel free enough to continue or is werewolf too consuming still? If so we could just wait until it finishes.

I don't mind. Won't be on regardless much this weekend as I'm on stage over this weekend.

Necrominus wrote: »
    I don't mind. Won't be on regardless much this weekend as I'm on stage over this weekend.
    break a leg

still no game :(

Yeah, if this doesn't kick off again soon I'll have to go back to working on my Nic Cage action adventure detective film. No one needs more of those in the world.

i run against the grain with that topic. most people i know cant stand him or his films. personally, i like most of his films and think he is not a bad actor.

I'm free to run of course, I'm just not sure about Lord TSC and others. Are you guys okay to "unpause"?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote:
    i run against the grain with that topic. most people i know cant stand him or his films. personally, i like most of his films and think he is not a bad actor.

I agree sKeith! Love me some Nic Cage.

The Rock is a personal fave movie of mine.

• Advertisement

Do you enjoy fishing?
    Even if you don't get a bite?

Advertisement