Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbards Latest inventory

Ekbard - [XP 8899/16,251 ] Hit Points 8
    banded mail
    long sword d12+4
    shield
    backpack (worn)
    multiple moon necklaces
    pearl priceless
    jewel 20000gp

Horse
    saddle
    cart (attached)
    - treasure worth 1900GP
    - 12 torches (which last 3x a long)
    - flint & steel
    - 15 presereved rations
    - waterskin
    - 99 days horse feed.
    - rope
    - bedroll
    - 2x large sack
    - barrel of mulled wine
    - 5x javenin

money 956gp 8sp (+6gp orcs)
    taken their share of 1000gp: Goodie

encumberance
    ekbard 2
    horse ? likely minus figures (+3 for 15 items, -10 for cart, +?? for 1900gp of treasure )
    ekbard and horse & cart ?? (+5 for human , +4 for 23 items, -10 for cart)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'll do inventory in the morning but I now have

9069 XP

i jumped 2 levels to lvl 4 ;)

and unscathed!

still havent used that d12+4 even though i fought those statues!
    and got the same xp as you even though you were at there other side of a locked door, in safety!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sKeith wrote: »
    still havent used that d12+4 even though i fought those statues!
    and got the same xp as you even though you were at there other side of a locked door, in safety!

#MaterialPlaneProblems

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Fcuk me lads that was exciting! I was drawing the map as I was reading along this morning and by jasus it's a mess!

Right so the current map of the church
    435479.jpg

Map of Othegre's Death scene (RIP Othegre)
    435480.jpg

Map of Ekbard/Bandy/Saeros dungeon (its a mess)
    435481.jpg

Gotta say I really enjoyed drawing these. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Is Bendylegs going to change his name now?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote:
    Is Bendylegs going to change his name now?

Depends on whether i get my legs back or not :pac:

I shall for now be known as Bandylegless

• Advertisement

You're a dwarf! Forge new legs out of some incredibly rare metal! (I suffer from Marvelisation of the Imagination)

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Fcuk me lads that was exciting! I was drawing the map as I was reading along this morning and by jasus it's a mess!

I still dunno how i survived. If you check the log in the dice room i rolled 3 consecutive 19s on checks against my stats. I think Fourier felt sorry for me in the end they were so bad.

Banjo wrote: »
    You're a dwarf! Forge new legs out of some incredibly rare metal! (I suffer from Marvelisation of the Imagination)

Or perhaps a guilt-ridden warrior with genius engineering skills could make him a WarWheelchair. An IroncladIronside.

Necrominus wrote: »
    I still dunno how i survived. If you check the log in the dice room i rolled 3 consecutive 19s on checks against my stats. I think Fourier felt sorry for me in the end they were so bad.

Yet you'll never roll the 19 when you need it. Typical. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

how does one join this game without reading the entire thread? I have a lot of experience playing tabletop, WHFRP, MERP, D and D, Vampires etc in the 90s

how does one join this game without reading the entire thread? I have a lot of experience playing tabletop, WHFRP, MERP, D and D, Vampires etc in the 90s

Jump in and create your character! Maybe send a PM to our DM Fourier to check spaces but our party our currently down a couple of folks at the moment.

I'll make a super post for you in a bit with all the highlights.

^^^ I'd benefit from that too. :)

I think we all would. Maybe a new thread with the highlights so far. Ask our resident mod to sticky it and it can be updated with adventure info for newcomers

If Ekbard gets referred to as Devilrider in the cog notes, I insist I be remembered fondly as Godslayer :)
    Frantically trying to develop a coherent reason for there to be an afterlife in my belief system that would facilitate reincarnating :D

• Advertisement

Click the blue arrow to take you to the post with the interesting details.
    Fourier wrote: »

Modifier table:

Health:
    Hit Die
    Combat:
    Hitting:
    Damage:
    Dying:
    Character Death:
    Character Creation...
    Rules
    Character Sheet
    Here's a character generator for our game:
    Char Gen If using this generator, ignore all equipment and money generated.
    You need to pick some skills for your new character. List of SKILLS,
    Here is how skills work

Everybody post your character sheets in this thread.

Encumbrance System
    We use rolz for all dice rolling. https://rolz.org/dr?room=Boards.ie%20D%26D
    rules in pdf format. for you android users.

combat : Summary of hitting rules.

I think we all would. Maybe a new thread with the highlights so far. Ask our resident mod to sticky it and it can be updated with adventure info for newcomers

Excellent idea! I've PM'd sully about getting a dedicated forum so we'll wait and see what she says.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I’m completely lost right now. I’ll try to catch up over the course of the day...

I'm completely lost right now. I'll try to catch up over the course of the day...

You have both your legs, all your equipment and friends to help you out. You're grand ;)

Probably best you werent part of the adventure last night given Ekbard's decision to leave me to die for the jewel :pac:

Banjo wrote: »
    If Ekbard gets referred to as Devilrider in the cog notes, I insist I be remembered fondly as Godslayer :)
    Frantically trying to develop a coherent reason for there to be an afterlife in my belief system that would facilitate reincarnating :D

Given Fourier's flair for writing and dungeon creation, I'm sure he'll come up with most of it for you.

Given Fourier's flair for writing and dungeon creation, I'm sure he'll come up with most of it for you.

I don't think you understand... I'm sure he could put something satisfying and fun to play through together at the drop of a hat. But when the very fabric of reality is an affront to your god, and all you desire is a return to the chaotic, timeless state that predates this ludicrous trifle of planes, it's tedious causality, the malignant linearity of "time" with it's endless cycles of suffering and death and rebirth into the same misery... I mean what would an afterlife even look like? Anything that resembles traditional existence would render her faith a lie and certainly wouldn't be a reward for death in service.

I mean, I have a lot of fun playing as her.... but she just killed a god who's description and motives match the "devil" figure in her theology... That's it, that's what she was sent here to do back in Chapter 2. I should let her go out on a high.... but I really want to know what the high price Fourier mentioned was :D

Edit :
    **** it!
    @Fourier - pending answers to the first 2 queries I PMed you, I think I'd like a reincarnation please! Ideally close to someone who has clothes, boots and a motorcycle.
    NiftySpryGardensnake-max-1mb.gif

Wait, can someone confirm Othegre’s dead?!

Yes, I too want to know the high price. But when you put it that way perhaps... it would be best to return as a new character.

There's a spot for a magic user ;)

Wait, can someone confirm Othegre’s dead?!

Othegre is in fact dead. Or still falling and will be dead. Regardless, Fourier confirmed bye bye Othegre

• Advertisement

Othegre is in fact dead. Or still falling and will be dead. Regardless, Fourier confirmed bye bye Othegre

Then I can reveal something I sent to Four a couple of days back, but didn’t act on...
    I'm getting a really bad feeling about Othegre, and believe that I, and the group, are in danger if something is not done.

If I were to, say, grab my two handed sword out of the ground and run her through with it, what would the requirements be?

Sorry Othegre! You’ll be missed :(

Advertisement