Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

:pac: :pac:

That is the funniest thing I've read in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

At least I was up front about wanting to murder you all and return you to the glorious maelstrom that awaits!
    Sneaky mother****er!
    She's not dead - she's falling into the centre of the earth, playing i-spy with a gelatinous elder god.
    I'm wondering if I can get a friendly ghost to come get me using my cursed mace. Or feed myself to the Pencil and return as a dark lord. And then I'm coming for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    I still dunno how i survived. If you check the log in the dice room i rolled 3 consecutive 19s on checks against my stats. I think Fourier felt sorry for me in the end they were so bad.
    You kept succeeding the rolls to escape a dangerous situation, but failing the roles to avoid the next one.

So it was just brutal situation after situation.

I’m completely lost right now. I’ll try to catch up over the course of the day...
    You're still where you were yesterday basically.

Away from my books at the moment, so the details of your levelling up may not be till this evening. However it's quite an improvement.

• Advertisement

Fourier wrote: »
    You kept succeeding the rolls to escape a dangerous situation, but failing the roles to avoid the next one.

So it was just brutal situation after situation.

It was all a major plan to heighten the tension by me... hehe or just bad luck whichever way you wanna look at it.

Moy healed me with roll of 6 on a d6.... do I get my legs back or have to complete some horrible journey legless to regrow them :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Imageshack is blocked in work
    435513.PNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I'm not sure i follow the gaming timelines?
    Is there like 3 hours in one evening when you play?

Depends. If enough of us are on at a time (and by "us" I mean Necro and anyone else :D ) then the narrative tends to be driven forward. Happens during the day sometimes too.
    It does mean that, say you're out drinking on a friday night, you might come home and find that the rest of the team are dead and you're sitting in the back of a horse cart watching a troll eat them.
    You won't get left behind unless you want to be, and often you won't miss out on XP, but I guess it's helpful to leave instructions on who you'll follow and your general strategy in a fight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

After reading up to date. My thoughts:

Ekbard when in a crunch looks out for the person most important to him... Ekbard!
    Betty in a crunch... tastes like chicken
    Bandy needs vengeance, but may not have the legs for it.
    Othegre will be falling for a very long time, but is in fact dead.

Anyway, moving along...

• Advertisement

After reading up to date. My thoughts:

Ekbard when in a crunch looks out for the person most important to him... Ekbard!

Anyway, moving along...

but.. but..
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105486457&postcount=733

time was of the essense, and I'm waiting.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Yeah actually I'm surprised that Bandylegs was so magnanimous to Ekbard considering he left him for dead in exchange for a shiny bauble. I'd be wanting revenge if I were Bandylegless!

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Yeah actually I'm surprised that Bandylegs was so magnanimous to Ekbard considering he left him for dead in exchange for a shiny bauble. I'd be wanting revenge if I were Bandylegless!

Considering I have no legs right now, and lost the love of my... last few hours :pac::pac::pac:

I have no inclination or interest in seeking revenge on Ekbard...for now.

He'd probably hack off my two arms anyways at the present moment, and he bought me new armour.

were you reading the ooc to go along with that? lots of ooc is done on the rolz site.

Considering I have no legs right now, and lost the love of my... last few hours :pac::pac::pac:

I have no inclination or interest in seeking revenge on Ekbard...for now.

He'd probably hack off my two arms anyways at the present moment, and he bought me new armour.
    and a shield ;)

Busy until around 22.00 or so, just so ye know. I will catch up then.

And I've gained a new understanding of what is needed for dungeoneering, plenty of people to carry lots of treasure. Me and Bandy got less that 1% of the treasure in that side quest out of the dungeon.
    i could only carry 1900gp worth of treasure out of there, and that was after stripping naked.

Thurmans tomb is said to have loads of treasure, so, we need plenty of hands to carry said treasure out of the tomb.

sKeith wrote:
    Thurmans tomb is said to have loads of treasure, so, we need plenty of hands to carry said treasure out of the tomb.

Well we were nicely set up. But for the whole deviation from the script by yours truly :o

"come on, Othegre" he said. "Don't be left behind" he said.

Well, at least we know what the "blessing" was now...

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    "come on, Othegre" he said. "Don't be left behind" he said.

Well, at least we know what the "blessing" was now...

Well... had you followed us rather than go tearing off back to Saeros we could be looking at a very different scenario. Ya mad yoke :pac::pac:

Well... had you followed us rather than go tearing off back to Saeros we could be looking at a very different scenario. Ya mad yoke :pac::pac:

Yeah we should have just found our way upstairs and thrown a sword down to him to help/disembowel (delete as applicable) him ;)

Banjo wrote:
    Yeah we should have just found our way upstairs and thrown a sword down to him to help/disembowel (delete as applicable) him

You can always rely on Ekbard to help you out in times of peril surely :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

sKeith wrote: »
    were you reading the ooc to go along with that? lots of ooc is done on the rolz site.
    No actually. I didn't realise the rolz site held the chat logs.

No actually. I didn't realise the rolz site held the chat logs.
    yeah, the on thread only gives some of the story that unfolded last night.. it was great fun.

really want to get bandy patched up so we can go on more adventures like that!

and get a few retainers to bring with us that we can respawn into.. lol..

yeah, the on thread only gives some of the story that unfolded last night.. it was great fun.

Yes my meltdown as I was seemingly about to die, thought I was saved by sKeith only to be left to the monster was a joy to behold :mad::mad:
    really want to get bandy patched up so we can go on more adventures like that!

Me too. So much fun that.

Yes my meltdown as I was seemingly about to die, thought I was saved by sKeith only to be left to the monster was a joy to behold :mad::mad:

Me too. So much fun that.
    well our massive XP came from that decision, pity for the triple 19!

• Advertisement

and get a few retainers to bring with us that we can respawn into.. lol..

Only thing with that is you lose that sense of frantic panic when all your hard work is about to get digested by a jelly or accidentally murdered by a travelling companion who wouldn't just drop you a rope. I mean the loss of Betty means something. The loss of a handful of redshirt trap fodder / body donors... Meh!

You need the jeopardy!

Advertisement