Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote: »
    how many of us are there, not counting betty and othegre?

Bandylegless, Ekbard, Moy, Goodie, Elin, Xanthea, Saeros.

7. we were 9 prior to the dungeon adventures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Okay guys, if I can ask of your patience I'll take a few minutes advancing things. I want to get the order right, so just a twenty minute or so pause on the main thread as I post. I'll post back here when it is okay to go, cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Coolio.

So we average out at 54 posts a day, given the last two nights have had a lot of action, I'd say it's closer to about 40 for the most part.

That's about 280 posts a week, almost 100 times more than was hoped for.

Not bad guys/Necro.

Also Fourier, fook your namesake

Course in Fourier Series in university or something?

Coolio.

So we average out at 54 posts a day, given the last two nights have had a lot of action, I'd say it's closer to about 40 for the most part.

Not bad guys/Necro.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Love how I'm separated. To be fair, sKeith, Tigger and Banjo have been very active as well.

sKeith even has more posts than me in the game thread!

• Advertisement

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Well look my estimates can be off by a factor of one hundred. Close enough.

Fourier wrote: »
    Course in Fourier Series in university or something?

Yeah some Fouriers analysis in one of my modules, been 12 months since I looked at it, it was a strangely big relief when I copped where I recognised it from

Necrominus wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Love how I'm separated. To be fair, sKeith, Tigger and Banjo have been very active as well.

sKeith even has more posts than me in the game thread!

Ah I know yeah, I think BMC is the pilot of the plot so far though! I'm only taking the mick, you know yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

some fast fourier trasforms ;)

Tigger wrote: »
    we were told tonread upntonpage 14 iirc
    what page have you read upnto ?
    its not an insult whoever wrote that is just anal
    a power gamer is anperson who wants ti know all the rules to play efficiently

i dint read any of the monsters bio's, just went and got their ac when fighting them instead of asking four.

other than that, i use table of contents to refer to stuff, couldnt read it from start to finish, it'd make my head spin.

• Advertisement

Ah I know yeah, I think BMC is the pilot of the plot so far though! I'm only taking the mick, you know yourself

Yes I need to stop this, making myself the centre of the universe. Let someone else's plot develop somewhat.

I can't help it, I get absorbed in the story and need to know more and it's a steamrolling effect. Sorry if ye feel dragged along by Bandy at times. Won't be happening for a while due to the lack of legs:pac::pac:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Othegre.... Brilliant plot twist!!

I have now written the dramatic resurrection of a priestess devoted to unmaking the world into vampiric unlife, via a pencil.

Anne Rice eat your heart out.

Unpaused.

I hate you Fourier.

Edit: Not really, but... :(

was that tumaz's tomb we were in last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I can only speak for Saeros and myself, but that was Soet we were in last night...

Oh dear lord... What have I done... I may have complicated my travel arrangements somewhat...

Ok I'm on the way home from work now in 5 mins. should be in home by 1am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Ok I'm on the way home from work now in 5 mins. should be in home by 1am
    do you stay on n17 after charlestown or go the mountain road

was that tumaz's tomb we were in last night?
    Not quite, same overall complex, but the church and the dungeons beneath it were not Tumuz's tomb.

• Advertisement

Yes I need to stop this, making myself the centre of the universe. Let someone else's plot develop somewhat.

I can't help it, I get absorbed in the story and need to know more and it's a steamrolling effect. Sorry if ye feel dragged along by Bandy at times. Won't be happening for a while due to the lack of legs:pac::pac:

It's not criticism, I like Bandylegless as a character and enjoy how he interacts with people, I say keep it up. Same to everyone else too, I'm liking every character's ways!

Though the speed of the plot is making my head spin, I'm trying to take inspiration from this into my own DMing. Its bloody nuts, alms led to a fight, Devilriding, meeting Citra, Askit in general, Othonos the fricking lunatic and whatever the hell the slime was, the trap room of maneating slime, sure been done before, a God that bit off a player's legs? This is crazy stuff altogether, don't get me started on the level 2 vampire. It's brilliant!

Unfortunately I'm mad tired after a busy day today. I didn't get much done, but tomorrow will be better. I'm off to bed.

Ah I'm only a level one. I'm ages away from turning into a bat, summoning wolves or surrounding myself with scantily clad virgins. Although Garp wasn't too busy, never too late to start you harem...

So just to recap, on Molly's map the chest room with the ladder is where Bandy lost his legs but escaped? Is that right? Just want to get out in one piece and figure out how I finish the job on the jelly.

Worth noting, Saeros has a 40-50 minute head start, most of it slime-free since the two halves were elsewhere. I'm nothing if not sporting.

Yes, a hollow wall between the chest room and the ladder room has been smashed down. ladder leads to canyon.

Ok so I can hover at 1/5 the rate I fall at. Id have been close to terminal velocity after 15-20s, fell for around 6 mins, took 30 mins to fly back up... That's a top speed of nearly 40km/h !
    We could flee the slime earlier so that's fast enough to get out of the main pit, maybe. If the God is preoccupied and won't push me back in...

Or I could go to the Underdark.
    Any takers? I might need a Thrall or two...

Or... Depending on timing I could try to lead the slime outside, make sure Citra gets her share of what we found?

Tigger wrote:
    do you stay on n17 after charlestown or go the mountain road

Yeah through till Tubber and then turn off there. Roads were dodgy as fook this evening from Charlestown to Buninnadden

Though the speed of the plot is making my head spin, I'm trying to take inspiration from this into my own DMing. Its bloody nuts, alms led to a fight, Devilriding, meeting Citra, Askit in general, Othonos the fricking lunatic and whatever the hell the slime was, the trap room of maneating slime, sure been done before, a God that bit off a player's legs? This is crazy stuff altogether, don't get me started on the level 2 vampire. It's brilliant!

Excuse me I cut off my own legs thank you very much. It was either that, a strength test or death by being eaten by slime. And my stats tests last night were shocking

What are alms?

never mind. googled it.

What are alms?

When Moy was giving out food to the poor and got accosted by a rival cleric.

It was like Westside Story, remember?

'Alms for the poor...'

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Haha, a priest was looking to start a fight with me too, but castius calmed him down.

Advertisement