Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I presume this is coming towards the end of Act 2 now, Sanderjarn being Act 3 then on to the tower once I get my legs under me again :P

I swear to all the slime gods, Fourier if you have me lose arms next and become a bionic dwarf I won't be impressed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

this is act I scene III

sKeith wrote: »
    this is act III

Oops. Act 4 then. Do people like 'my' new dwarven song?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Banjo wrote: »
    Worth noting, Saeros has a 40-50 minute head start, most of it slime-free since the two halves were elsewhere. I'm nothing if not sporting.
    Also note that Saeros is still actively trying to find and rescue you and everyone else in the dungeon/church/tome/whatever. Wait long enough and I'll come to you, but then again, where is the sport in that? :D

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Don't play the hero. That's what landed you in the slime, took Betty and Bandylegs from the knee down, left me sun-shy and lost poor old Ekbard his sword (we've all suffered:) ). Just get out.

Unless it was you who took Floating Disc, cause then we can strip this place bare! I might just need a teeny tiny "donation" from you though, not sure how this works...

• Advertisement

I really hope Saeros survives, I'm enjoying this friendly rivalry we are currently undergoing :P

Meh, my awful Lawful alignment makes me do rescuing stuff. An elfs gotta do what an elfs gotta do...

OldGoat wrote: »
    Meh, my awful Lawful alignment makes me do rescuing stuff. An elfs gotta do what an elfs gotta do...

Alignment aschmignment! Your character knows that Bandy, Ekbard and Betty abandoned you first, and then Othegre did too. I think you're in the clear to worry about yourself first and foremost. Timewise, would be good to clear up me blinking away and getting chased by our half of the slime to see how soon you're in the clear to explore. Bear in mind though, once I know which direction it left in, I'll know where I am relative to lunch. I mean you.

Saeros knows nothing about the fate of an y of the other characters. As far as he knows they are all still wandering around in the locality. :)

Is having me for (m)lunch your way to trying to get me interested in playing warewolf?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I will mainly only be able to play between 9 -5 but ill make a character this weekend

• Advertisement

Saeros knows nothing about the fate of an y of the other characters. As far as he knows they are all still wandering around in the locality. :)

Is having me for (m)lunch your way to trying to get me interested in playing warewolf?

This could have all been so different if you had allowed me to drag you into the corridor with me :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105486342&postcount=713

and follow up , #720

At that point I was still hoping to set the rope and grapple to get everyone back up and out. Then I got slapped by slime and lost touch with ye till I got to fondle the fruity flail belong to Othegre.

Dude, if you'd just followed my "the dwarf is my manservant who I dragged to see the tomb of a renowned dwarf hating demon lord, y'know, for lolz" chaotic-to-chaotic play we'd all be upstairs standing on legs drinking slime margaritas and high fiving the high priest! If we'd listened to sKeith we'd have gone down those stairs into the tomb instead of up to the church. If we'd listened to Elin we wouldn't be in Thurmonton.

Cuddawuddashudda!

We're in the mess we're in. It all moved very fast, posts got missed, and it's probably ended up a lot more interesting for it!

Dude, if you'd just followed my "the dwarf is my manservant who I dragged to see the tomb of a renowned dwarf hating demon lord, y'know, for lolz" chaotic-to-chaotic play we'd all be upstairs standing on legs drinking slime margaritas and high fiving the high priest! If we'd listened to sKeith we'd have gone down those stairs into the tomb instead of up to the church. If we'd listened to Elin we wouldn't be in Thurmonton.

Cuddawuddashudda!

We're in the mess we're in. It all moved very fast, posts got missed, and it's probably ended up a lot more interesting for it!

That's for sure :D

I lost my legs and my retainer (#PRAYFORBETTY). You died and were reborn as a Vampire Cleric.

And just to add, OldGoat - You should DEFINITELY sign up for the latest WW game.

You too Fourier :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Necrominus wrote: »
    That's for sure :D

I lost my legs and my retainer (#PRAYFORBETTY). You died and were reborn as a Vampire Cleric.

I lost track of time and had the adventure happen when my back was turned.

I lost track of time and had the adventure happen when my back was turned.

There's still half a God to slay. That's plenty of adventure

Is anyone sticking around or are Saeros and I on our own, presumed dead? In a kind of "no questions will be asked if only one of us shows up later" kind of way?

Banjo wrote:
    Is anyone sticking around or are Saeros and I on our own, presumed dead? In a kind of "no questions will be asked if only one of us shows up later" kind of way?

I presume Fourier will have planned for this tbh. See his latest post. Lord knows where the two of ye are off to :D

saeros's actions are delayed so by the time he gets out of dungeon, could be the same time as we made it out, so we could all be leaving together.

• Advertisement

There's still half a God to slay. That's plenty of adventure

You're planning on dying again so soon?

Necrominus wrote: »
    Lord knows where the two of ye are off to :D

There's a great little place just outside Thurmonton called "Elf on some Delft" where they serve it 3 ways with this amazing licorice and clove dipping sauce....
    You're planning on dying again so soon?
    I won't know till I get my new character class rules, but I think I'm still dead from the last time I got killed :( confidence is good though. Adds flavour...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Saeros and Othegre will be separated from the rest of the party on an adventure of their own. This will take roughly the amount of time it will take the rest of the party in the first part of Sanderjarn. I'll have something for both of ye to meet up in time for the actual adventure in Sanderjarn, does this suit ye two?

Sounds good.

I'll miss having the opportunity to fly on a dragon though.
    "Saeros, the Veteran NotADragonRider" doesn't fall pleasantly on the ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

It gives both of ye the chance to level up. Othegre to get back to the rest of the party's strength and Saeros to bulk up his magic power.

Also some of the dungeon suits an Elf. On the balance of a couple of things coming I thought it was the best way to go ahead.

Bandylegs dropping bombs. And plenty for Fourier to work with for the others in our crew if he likes ;)

DragonRiders, pft. Behold the SpaceElf!
    a304c933c6da11619f8bd0e27906b54c--warhammer-eldar-scifi.jpg

As it's the weekend I'll not be around much. Sorry to slow the pace of the game.

Oh yeah, Fourier, do Bandy or Ekbard get any skill upgrades for levelling up?

Need to balance my books.
    The outstanding items i have.

1) https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105487317&postcount=875 I provisionally charge myself 200gp for this transaction. let me know if it cost more or less.

Well, thats the only pressing one i have so i'll leave it at that.

• Advertisement

BTW folks, in case it's missed:

Bandy, Ekbard, Goodie, Elin, Moy and Xanthea are now in the dwarven city of Sanderjarn.

Saeros and Othegre are still in the dungeon in Thurmonton.

New thread here for ease of access:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057817872

Advertisement