Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Tigger wrote: »
    i don't know if im missing something or if im not being replied to or what but i am findimng it hard to progress inth game
    I fell behind in replies to you with Xanthea, BandyLegs and Ekbard getting arrested there, just getting back to it.
    shouldi start writing poems?
    What do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Fourier wrote: »
    I fell behind in replies to you with Xanthea, BandyLegs and Ekbard getting arrested there, just getting back to it.

What do you mean?

i don't mean anything

i don't mean anything
    Oh okay, I thought you meant something about halflings writing poems.

Sometimes I feel the same way, tigger. Maybe PM Four with the specific post(s) you need reaction to.

Or someone give the kid another biscuit!
    Yeah, I'll easily miss posts at times, especially when tired. Just pop me a PM. The next adventure I think is more balanced as something that requires the whole party in a strategic manner, so hopefully that'll help too.

Yeah, I'll easily miss posts at times, especially when tired. Just pop me a PM. The next adventure I think is more balanced as something that requires the whole party in a strategic manner, so hopefully that'll help too.

ok
    isuppose that i'm checking in to see whats occuring ansd thea ll of a sudden entire adventures passed mr bu

the n i see my posts mised

i can't write lik the onescwho can

• Advertisement

ok
    isuppose that i'm checking in to see whats occuring ansd thea ll of a sudden entire adventures passed mr bu

the n i see my posts mised

i can't write lik the onescwho can
    That's understandable Tigger. There's quite a varying pace here and it's easy to get left behind and then I lose track of the earlier posts. That's on me though, not you.

I'm attempting a solution to this in the next adventure. I'd like to retain the mad cap pace of the pit dungeon without leaving others behind. Hopefully it'll work.

That's understandable Tigger. There's quite a varying pace here and it's easy to get left behind and then I lose track of the earlier posts. That's on me though, not you.

I'm attempting a solution to this in the next adventure. I'd like to retain the mad cap pace of the pit dungeon without leaving others behind. Hopefully it'll work.

its new
    i'm enjoying all you do thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Madcap pace you say? I cannae... I mean... CANNOT wait :)

Okay might as well get clearance.

My basic idea is that the next mission will have two components:

(a) A lethal dungeon, like the last one (they're not remotely similar though)
    (b) A mission related to the dungeon, but requiring a stealth approach.

(b) is designed to suit Halflings, Elves, Clerics and Thieves and can progress on the more one-two post a day pace. I designed it around those classes to suit Molly, Digi, Goat and Tigger.

I know it's a "dumb" crude solution, but what do ye think, is there a way ye would prefer?

Okay might as well get clearance.

My basic idea is that the next mission will have two components:

(a) A lethal dungeon, like the last one (they're not remotely similar though)
    (b) A mission related to the dungeon, but requiring a stealth approach.

(b) is designed to suit Halflings, Elves, Clerics and Thieves and can progress on the more one-two post a day pace. I designed it around those classes to suit Molly, Digi, Goat and Tigger.

I know it's a "dumb" crude solution, but what do ye think, is there a way ye would prefer?

So you'd be sending myself, Banjo, robyn and sKeith off to probable death :pac::pac::pac:

I just got my legs back dammit! But yeah, it seems a better option as others aren't as active as us. Although I reckon Tiggs would probably manage both once he gets his teeth into something :P

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    So you'd be sending myself, Banjo, robyn and sKeith off to probable death :pac::pac::pac:

I just got my legs back dammit! But yeah, it seems a better option as others aren't as active as us. Although I reckon Tiggs would probably manage both once he gets his teeth into something :P
    Tigger is actually halfway between both groups in speed. (I did a rough rate check). So I've put a halfling spin on both that I can drop depending on which one he chooses.

i sat waiting for a reply before
    as i wrote byt cloudflare ate : i'd play 24/7 on init
    so do whatever

i sat waiting for a reply before
    as i wrote byt cloudflare ate : i'd play 24/7 on init
    so do whatever

I was raging you went offline for the slime god dungeon. Think you would have really enjoyed it. I love getting us into these horrid situations :pac::pac:

Tigger is actually halfway between both groups in speed. (I did a rough rate check). So I've put a halfling spin on both that I can drop depending on which one he chooses.

tigger wanders off when he isnt replied to
    then 300 post happe while hes asleep
    init dosent seem to happen

hes confused
    roll for wisdom
    ph **** still confused

I was raging you went offline for the slime god dungeon. Think you would have really enjoyed it. I love getting us into these horrid situations :pac::pac:

it was 2 hours
    nothing nothing nothing
    ALL THE THINGS!!!!
    nothing
    where were you ?

tigger wanders off when he isnt replied to
    then 300 post happe while hes asleep
    init dosent seem to happen

hes confused
    roll for wisdom
    ph **** still confused
    Alright, I think I'll go with putting you in the faster paced one (unless you think otherwise) and staple a note to my forehead to reply to you :).

Init is a bit odd, certain situations and for instance the slime god, don't use init. We've just run into a lot of them.

Alright, I think I'll go with putting you in the faster paced one (unless you think otherwise) and staple a note to my forehead to reply to you :).

Init is a bit odd, certain situations and for instance the slime god, don't use init. We've just run into a lot of them.

oktu :)

oktu :)
    Perfect, means I get to use some extra enemies.

I'll put out some kind of "broadcast" here, before any "fast" component and we can agree a time and see if everybody is free.

no reply to goodiein th shop....

no reply to goodiein th shop....
    Need stronger staples on that note!

• Advertisement

Perfect, means I get to use some extra enemies.

I'll put out some kind of "broadcast" here, before any "fast" component and we can agree a time and see if everybody is free.

i'm lways free
    i just might be ocding on something else

I'm to bed.

I'm to bed.

night ted

i think what i was trying to do was completely missed ill re do it here inna minute

OOC: If you focus on somebody, you can read their mind.
    id like to focus on mollys sleve monster
    Goodie rises from the ground covered in Devilish magic, a green energy crackles along his body.

A voice booms inside his head:

YOU DARE TOUCH MY MIND MOTE!!!

He feels like throwing up, but holds it together as thousands of bizarre images flood his head.

Suddenly he drops to the ground with a light steam coming of his skin.

A terrible secret has been left in Goodie's mind, but to voice it would be to die.

OOC: I'll PM Tigger with the secret. If Goodie says it, a devil pact will set his skin on fire.
    sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard goes over and examines Goody for life signs.
    Goodie seems okay, but pants heavily.

Stranger though is that Othonos seems not to have noticed.
    esp orthanus
    goodein scans Othonos
    Othonos pauses.

"You know his real name, true worshippers from afar. Did your lands possess churches in the old style?"

Goodie can read Othonos's thoughts. He worships Soet as a God of the Apocalypse to come.
    goodie sighs
    goodie sighz

so there iw things im notvallowed discuss
    and i hint
    and i wait
    and ye plow ahesd

I need to catch up with Ekbard. Need money. Can't decide what I want more, a big massive axe or a huge warhammer.

What do you think of my spells Tigger? I tried to pick ones others didn't have and ones that would help us. I particularly like the Light one which can blind baddies for up to 12 rounds :)

and i hint
    and i wait
    and ye plow ahesd

Yeah sometimes you need to shout at us to slow down. I get carried away, especially when I end up in a slime pit :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

and i hint
    and i wait
    and ye plow ahesd

It would help if you took the marbles out of your mouth :)

I think I'm about to get 3hp worth of a conversation with Soet if you have any questions.

Look, the nature of this will always be frustrating if you play in-character and don't break the character wall (which yes, I know I've done).

I was ****ing disgusted that no one picked a fight with the dragon who clearly knew what was in this tomb and is using us as agent provocateurs against the god it's supposed to serve. Begs the question, what are the Soetardians feeding her young?

Anyway, i feel partially responsible for your neglect as I couch 1 and 2 line DM requests in 3 or 4 paragraphs of flowery bull****, screaming and conversations with an arachnid. I can see why small posts would get missed and I'm sorry (but I'm not going to stop:))

Banjo wrote: »
    It would help if you took the marbles out of your mouth :)

I think I'm about to get 3hp worth of a conversation with Soet if you have any questions.

Look, the nature of this will always be frustrating if you play in-character and don't break the character wall (which yes, I know I've done).

I was ****ing disgusted that no one picked a fight with the dragon who clearly knew what was in this tomb and is using us as agent provocateurs against the god it's supposed to serve. Begs the question, what are the Soetardians feeding her young?

Anyway, i feel partially responsible for your neglect as I couch 1 and 2 line DM requests in 3 or 4 paragraphs of flowery bull****, screaming and conversations with an arachnid. I can see why small posts would get missed and I'm sorry (but I'm not going to stop:))

marbles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

marbles?

A think veiled attack based on you using zxcvbnm (bottom row of keyboard) as "space" which I haven't quite adjusted to yet. Fuggeddabowtit!

Advertisement