Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ugh, can't make up my mind.

Battleaxe does 1d8 damage and is the obvious choice.

Warhammer does less damage... but should I but it in memory of Betty. I can't decide. I also won't be able to use my shield if I buy a two handed weapon. Decisions, decisions...

Also need to replace my backpack, top up my rations. Maybe buy a silver dagger, a silver holy symbol and some holy water to keep certain vampire clerics away from me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

ekbard has pleny of money for bandy, necor, once he gets out of his arrested situation.

sKeith wrote: »
    ekbard has pleny of money for bandy, necor, once he gets out of his arrested situation.

Oh I know, I'm trying to extract some extra similar to Askit ;)

cooll, nice plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Necrominus wrote: »
    Maybe buy a silver dagger, a silver holy symbol and some holy water to keep certain vampire clerics away from me :)

I bled for you in the canyon. I bled for you in the tomb. Don't be a taker, Necro - give a little back!

On a more serious note, your character has no reasonable motivation for tooling up for an imminent vampire assault

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    I bled for you in the canyon. I bled for you in the tomb. Don't be a taker, Necro - give a little back!

On a more serious note, your character has no reasonable motivation for tooling up for an imminent vampire assault

Apart from going to a tomb of a supposedly evil cult that Xanthea may or may not be a part of :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Apart from going to a tomb of a supposedly evil cult that Xanthea may or may not be a part of :D

More tombs?
    You guys never learn...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

A think veiled attack based on you using zxcvbnm (bottom row of keyboard) as "space" which I haven't quite adjusted to yet. Fuggeddabowtit!

inthnk "if you took the mittens off "
    or " if you attempted to type with more precision"
    wouldn be better served
    32dbf524f7b823db4e0e2e270be908f1.gif

More tombs?
    You guys never learn...

Let's put it this way. Would you rather it was called Sunshine filled fields & butterflies, where we all just sit around, braiding each other's hair and never get into any trouble :P

I know goodie was psychic for a while but did four pm you the knowledge for goodie or is goodie just reading the ooc? Demanding a split when all that's on show is bandylegless. Saying goodie would do something over grabbing glass, and now telling stories from the ooc to NPC's in the game.

• Advertisement

I know goodie was psychic for a while but did four pm you the knowledge for goodie or is goodie just reading the ooc? Demanding a split when all that's on show is bandylegless. Saying goodie would do something over grabbing glass, and now telling stories from the ooc to NPC's in the game.

what are you talking about?
    goodie asked for a split of what was brought out of the dungeon, he was told that he ddn't do enough so he gets no cut, fair enough, as he said he'll simply take what ever e wants and leave hat he dosent , he's a neutral veteran teenager tht feels his family have disowned him

he has inside knowledge about stuff yes but thats not how he knows about you leaving the dwarf
    ye two discused it in front of him,

everything was said and while the very first it was spoken while c;lose ye had turned and faced the group so hge definatly herd it
    Bandylegs nods.

'Aye, half me share.'

He walks close to Ekbard.

'I'd be avoiding tellin' anyone how ye came across that in this city, and what ye did to... acquire it. Dwarven clans are always in arguments, but one thing that unites us is a human like yerself actin' like ye did. I'll not breathe a word, ye can count on me.'

He then approaches Elin.

'Be careful in the city, missie. I'd be keeping me hands to meself if I was ye. Dwarven customs tend to remove limbs of any thievin' within the walls.... or worse.'

He then regards Moy and Xanthea.

'I know ye be of differen' faith, and dwarves are accustomed to travellers, but if ye get too preachy, th'elders will not approve. I've heard of tribunals fer mouthy clerics or warriors in the past.'

He regards the group.

'Now, if ye'll excuse me, I must see to me legs. I'll meet ye at the inn, the guards will give ye directions. Guard, see to it they have appropriate bedding an' food, and stable the horses. I'll fix up with ye when I'm back on me feet.'
    "So, dwarf folk do be worshippin' Soet and would be offended that I stole the jewel from him. You dwarf are strange folks!"
    Bandylegs harrumphs.

'Dwarf folk worship all types of creeds, everyone knows that. The means ye went about to get the gem though laddie... how ye coulda *whispers* saved me instead... that won't go down well if it is known. Just say ye prised it from over a canyon of a million spikes. Dwarves also love a good story, even when half the details be lies.'
    "I'm not saying lies, dwarf. Now I sees you didn't care fur Betty at all, I'm getting how you dwarfs work. "
    Bandylegs sighs.

'O'course I cared fer Betty lad. But yer in a dwarven city, the locals wouldn't take too kindly to hearin' how ye left one of their own to die fer a sparkly gem. Be careful is all I'm sayin'. Ye have no quarrel with me, but I cannae speak fer others of me kin if they learn how I lost me legs, and how ye could have prevented it.'
    Bandylegs turns without another word to the group.

'Take me to get me legs fixed, thankee!'
    "Get out of town dwarf, how could I stop you from cutting your legs off, when even a god monster couldn't stop you. It seems when you have your mind set on something to do, theres nuffin' no body cans do to stops yers."
    Again the dwarf stops short (OOC: hehe)

'Ye didn't cut off me legs lad, but ye could have pulled me from the clutches of the slime god. I'm not angry with ye, not sure I could have forgiven ye if ye had left Betty to her fate either. It was a terrible choice, only a madman could have imagined we'd be thrust into the situation. Just... be careful what ye tell people, that's all I'm tryin' to say to ye. Go and eat and drink yer fill at the inn, tis on me.'

Bandylegs then lets the dwarves lead him and Shadowflame off to the limbsmiths.
    Ekbard thinks that bandy must be delirious from the pain. He chuckles to himself, "what am I, a story teller or a fighter? If the dwarfs want a storyteller I'll send them bandys way!"

there is far more ooc in this game than anything i have played before but my charachter only knows what he witnessed, he doesn't know much except hes been offered a split f the treasure to do thing tht he then did and then didn';t get a split of
    now he is with the group more on his own terms for a variety of reasons

he feels that Ekbard is very low to cough up and when he here thsa ekbard left Bandy to his fate , well lets say he like Bandy and thinks Ekbard is selfish and rash and he'sworried about being left on the mountain

he also feels that ekbard is trying to rip of the dragon Cirta and he's not at all impressed with this idea

ok, thats creative, as that thread is a continuation of the close to..
    notice, when i quote bandy's conversation, i chop the lower bits off, as that has not happened yet. our conversation continues in the time before 'turns to elin'

how about https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105493521&postcount=911

ok, thats creative, as that thread is a continuation of the close to..
    notice, when i quote bandy's conversation, i chop the lower bits off, as that has not happened yet. our conversation continues in the time before 'turns to elin'

how about https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105493521&postcount=911

the conversation was had in front of a hafling
    the hafling was nearer than you thought , its a hafling ffs, a hobbit there is a reson e are weaker and get less lvel ups than humand , its are ability to spy and find stuff out

befire i mentioned bandy being left behing in the thing ypou quoted bandy is hinting you are not to be truse=ted
    Bandylegs peers down at Goodie.

'Are we sharing the proceeds of the troll's treasure chest as well lad? I saw ye fill yer pockets. Ekbard has money enough to equip us all if we require it. I'm sure, given the lawful *stares at Ekbard with a frown on his face* trustworthy chap that he is, he'll see fit if we need some of the proceeds for.... things we might require, he'll be happy to share.

Unfortunately I lost all the gold I had brought with me in my attempts to escape. And... *sighs* Betty had 1500GP on her also. If ye want that, ye can go visit the slime god lad. 3000GP in all, an axe, a backpack and 2 rations as well... oh, and me banded mail armour.'

he say s to me that ekbard filled his pockets
    he says that you are trustworthy yet is clearly being ronic
    its clear he was far more injurd than you

the glass refered to is that which goodie took from the troll chest
    he feels tht he would have left it to save bandy and betty

its role playing and you cant be badas and not expect the neutrals to pull you up
    in game

btw ekbard dosent know who grassed him up

Tigger wrote: »
    the conversation was had in front of a hafling
    the hafling was nearer than you thought , its a hafling ffs, a hobbit there is a reson e are weaker and get less lvel ups than humand , its are ability to spy and find stuff out

befire i mentioned bandy being left behing in the thing ypou quoted bandy is hinting you are not to be truse=ted

he say s to me that ekbard filled his pockets
    he says that you are trustworthy yet is clearly being ronic
    its clear he was far more injurd than you

the glass refered to is that which goodie took from the troll chest
    he feels tht he would have left it to save bandy and betty

its role playing and you cant be badas and not expect the neutrals to pull you up
    in game

btw ekbard dosent know who grassed him up

He saw goodie fill his pockets.

look its up to the dm

if goodie didn't know then we can delete the post

Fourier can you make a ruling please

He saw goodie fill his pockets.

i know

Look, I don't mind , I'll play the game, no matter what is stacked against me. But remember, I am learning, but I don't seem to phase my inquiries properly.

Also, I don't know the abilities of the other classes, so the halfling explanation would have have sufficed. Now you say it, it makes a bit of sense.

Look, I don't mind , I'll play the game, no matter what is stacked against me. But remember, I am learning, but I don't seem to phase my inquiries properly.

inwas very careful to check what goodie herd

it will be rules on when it is

• Advertisement

Also, I don't know the abilities of the other classes, so the halfling explanation would have have sufficed. Now you say it, it makes a bit of sense.

look i feel youve accused me of cheating here

im beingbas patient as i can lets just wait till the dubgeon master makes a rukinv

I feel like I could resolve it :)

I could buy my axe and chop off Ekbard's legs :P

(Joking of course)

Tigger wrote: »

im beingbas patient as i can lets just wait till the dubgeon master makes a rukinv

ah crap, i'd resign before accusing anybody of cheating. its supposed to be fun. i'll pm you qestion like this in future.

ah crap, i'd resign before accusing anybody of cheating. its supposed to be fun. i'll pm you qestion like this in future.

pm the dm
    the rules are whatever he says

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I’m not sure where you’re getting that opinion of me from, but fair enough :P

I’m not sure where you’re getting that opinion of me from, but fair enough :P

:pac::pac::pac:

It was mainly a joke.. or was it? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

:pac::pac::pac:

It was mainly a joke.. or was it? ;)

A lady never kisses and tells. Maybe Citra will tell you more of my history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

You have cheated...

...your way into our hearts.

Seriously though, I think this is an ambiguity about how loud Ekbard and BandyLegs were and close Goodie was. Being a halfling he could have crept close to them without being noticed easily enough. He wouldn't have needed to if they were talking openly enough. Necro's first post indicates to me that BandyLegs was being quiet, but the posts after could be at various volumes. I'd assume normal conversational tone at close proximity just from the posts themselves. The conversation takes place in the snow outside, so if one wasn't close enough you might not hear.

First Goodie's psychic powers did not last into Scene IV.

Secondly, common enough situation even in face-to-face (more common actually in face-to-face) we imagine a scene one way and others hear/read something else and act on that.

I'll rule in a manner that creates the more interesting story, for me anyway :D, which is that Goodie managed to hear the following:
    Ye didn't cut off me legs lad, but ye could have pulled me from the clutches of the slime god. I'm not angry with ye, not sure I could have forgiven ye if ye had left Betty to her fate either. It was a terrible choice, only a madman could have imagined we'd be thrust into the situation.

This is based on my understanding of the conversation being private, but not whispered. I do think the original context of the posts was Ekbard and BandyLegs standing near each other conversing privately with nobody around, timeline wise either in the snow or walking into the city. Hence in the original context Goodie probably didn't hear them. In my original reading I assumed nobody was close enough to them. Based on the BandyLegs going close to Ekbard and the relative "between you and me" vibe. However Goodie could have heard if he'd wanted to sneak up and it's more interesting if there is tension. Could lead to a Tarantino-esque scene in the snow later up the mountain.

Goodie can certainly not prove anything to anybody though, "ye could have pulled me from the clutches" could still mean Ekbard was in a dangerous situation, too dangerous for a reasonable person to risk their life for somebody they don't know that long.

Just to be clear, I maintain Ekbard is lawful in this case and will count as lawful for spellcasting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Tigger, does "his choosing" mean your new character if you die? Also have you given the bank a name (and we assume it's the next characters) or will somebody have to give them the name from your dying lips?

• Advertisement

Fourier wrote: »
    Tigger, does "his choosing" mean your new character if you die? Also have you given the bank a name (and we assume it's the next characters) or will somebody have to give them the name from your dying lips?

yeah my next character, if i die and it in such a way as i think it'll be wrong to re-spawn then my next charachter gets the monies (and a note of my concerns up to this point, includes the secret stuff|)

Advertisement