Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Okay Othegre is close enough to getting out, provided she doesn't get destroyed. Saeros I may just use magic.

The trek up the mountain will begin tonight at some point between 19.00 - 20.00, I don't know when I'll be back exactly. I'll use the rest of the day to get Othegre and Saeros to the rest of ye. As I can handle them on my phone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote:
    The trek up the mountain will begin tonight at some point between 19.00 - 20.00, I don't know when I'll be back exactly. I'll use the rest of the day to get Othegre and Saeros to the rest of ye. As I can handle them on my phone.

Yay! :D

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Won't be available Wednesday night (Star Wars) or Friday night (Christmas Party). Should be fine any other night.

Tigger wrote:
    star war isntvtill 12 formme so ill be available till 12 and out party is onnsaturday

I cant go to my christmas party :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Which is more insulting? That I'm close to getting myself destroyed yet again or that you can handle me on your phone but the rest of these apes require a little more finesse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Necrominus wrote: »
    I cant go to my christmas party :(

Why?

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote:
    Why?

My team booked it on a day we're all working at 8am the next day. Without booking accomodation which I'm not doing for a Christmas party, I'm deigning to not go. It's grand. Party suits the Mayo people who are the majority

My team booked it on a day we're all working at 8am the next day. Without booking accomodation which I'm not doing for a Christmas party, I'm deigning to not go. It's grand. Party suits the Mayo people who are the majority

Theybboks a party and they working at 8 am
    Sorry but I think you work with wierdos

Tigger wrote:
    Theybboks a party and they working at 8 am Sorry but I think you work with wierdos

It's going out for pizza that we all have to pay for. Hence my disinterest in it anyways. Not that I'm averse to paying for stuff but not my idea of a party, tbh.

And you should know having worked in Castlebar. Mayo people are weirdos :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Fourier wrote: »
    Okay Othegre is close enough to getting out, provided she doesn't get destroyed. Saeros I may just use magic.
    If I had my own magic space cart I could get there in time for a glass or two of wine in the bar.

hoverbikes.JPG

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

I'll be honest, I secretly hoped that I'd jump the canyon, miss the rope and fall. Then rise, standing on the deck of your flying spaceboat, flipping Soet off, and we'd zip off into the sky while the temple collapsed behind us.

But, y'know, rooting through an elder god's storage solution is fun too :D

• Advertisement

OldGoat wrote: »
    If I had my own magic space cart I could get there in time for a glass or two of wine in the bar.
    Banjo wrote: »
    I'll be honest, I secretly hoped that I'd jump the canyon, miss the rope and fall. Then rise, standing on the deck of your flying spaceboat, flipping Soet off, and we'd zip off into the sky while the temple collapsed behind us.

But, y'know, rooting through an elder god's storage solution is fun too :D

Hmmm, just wait...

It's going out for pizza that we all have to pay for. Hence my disinterest in it anyways. Not that I'm averse to paying for stuff but not my idea of a party, tbh.

And you should know having worked in Castlebar. Mayo people are weirdos :pac:

Oh yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Is everyone playing third person POVs? Had meant to ask this a while ago, I've only ever done 1st person so I'm woondering what everyone else is used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Is everyone playing third person POVs? Had meant to ask this a while ago, I've only ever done 1st person so I'm woondering what everyone else is used to.
    If this is in relation to this game then i don't know what you mean.

Either is fine. There is tendency to a bit of 3rd person in play by post as you also tend to give little descriptions in addition to pure dialogue. The current game is pretty typical. Dialogue only is hard to follow on forums (it also means the world is less the GM's)

I've been mixing and matching without a thought to readability to be honest. I find that third party tends to remind everyone that there is a difference between character/player and it also helps me remember who everyone is. So, both I and Saeros shall continue mixing perspectives till one of us dies. :D

ah, now i understand, think i've been playing 3rd person from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

sKeith wrote: »
    If this is in relation to this game then i don't know what you mean.

3rd Person - "Ekbard swings his sword and then he does xyz"
    1st Person - "I swing my sword and then I do xyz"

I know is personal preference alright, I find RP a bit easier (if maybe inconsistent) if I go from a 1st person pov.

I know is personal preference alright, I find RP a bit easier (if maybe inconsistent) if I go from a 1st person pov.
    No harm if somebody does, mix of styles.

although, i know i fell into 1st person during our exciting dungeon run.

• Advertisement

Definitely 3rd for me. I find it easier to describe what Bandy is doing through the 3rd person perspective.

Assuming I'm doing it right of course :P

actually, better description would be fell into 'text adventure mode', which is where i'd have any previuos similar expereinces...

Elin is now Level 3 (technically she'll transition to level 3 when exiting the dwarven kingdom, but I'll give it now so Molly can absorb it).

In addition to the upgrades in the thief percentiles, she also becomes more skilled with her cross bow.

It has:
    +2 damage
    +2 to hit
    A successful hit may stun a opponent.

Whatja mean "Mobility scooter"!
    3f5d471caa783921c5dab835718b3916.jpg

You know the blue glow is going to be him calling the other half back up from the pit and it's going to hit you. Get on over here to the Safe Side (tm). What could possibly go wrong?

@Four - sorry, I made a pair of executive decisions there, that Simon really is a talking spider and that spiders have an interdimensional psychic web that links them all together. Or Othegre's mental but this affords her knowledge at a subconcious level of planes beyond her own. Either way, I'm now at peace with her knowing the Flash Gordon theme tune.

Yeah i donbothbor either or something

Necro checking in for duty :D

I always here

I'm here now.

• Advertisement

Woo hoo!

Advertisement