Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

To your advantage is not necessarily to help us... just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

RIP Saeros and Xanthea (unless we go the Cleric route)

Well played. You were up against a real monster.

PM me if you have any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

/Bawls
    But Saeros was only 176, just a babe in arms really. So young, so tragic.
    #AlwaysAndForElfver

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

We want you back folks! Revived or new characters!
    Party is diminishing in size at the moment. I just had my freaking arms pulled off. 2 dead, 3 including Elin :(
    5 remain.

I'm gonna cast up a new character today. I love just randoming it and playing with whatever the dice produce but if ye and Fourier think that there is someone/something/someclass that might support the storyline better then just a pure randomised PC then I can cast for that instead.
    I'll be using the character generator Four linked to at the outset.

• Advertisement

Your game dude, your character. *cough magic user cough*

But seriously, go full random if you wish. Any requests for Saeros' remains?

From the original party of brighteyed adventurers we now have 1 zombie, 1 vampire 2 MIA, 2 deceased and 1 cyborg. Ekbard and Goode...I'd say yer days are numbered.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Your game dude, your character. *cough magic user cough*

But seriously, go full random if you wish. Any requests for Saeros' remains?
    Naaa, Saeros had no time for gods or any thoughts of an afterlife. Just leave me in the snow and I'll feed the varmints, or have a roast haunch of elf, or skin me for the library. Earthly remains mean naught.

I was going to bury you amongst nature (when I say me, I mean someone else, cos.. well... no arms :P)

I was going to bury you amongst nature (when I say me, I mean someone else, cos.. well... no arms :P)

Someone will give you a hand... Saeros maybe :P

• Advertisement

Someone will give you a hand... Saeros maybe :P

Come back to us :( I promise the late nights will stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

OldGoat wrote: »
    I'm gonna cast up a new character today. I love just randoming it and playing with whatever the dice produce but if ye and Fourier think that there is someone/something/someclass that might support the storyline better then just a pure randomised PC then I can cast for that instead.
    I'll be using the character generator Four linked to at the outset.

I just took what I
    Got and I love it

If ye come back today and go visit a certain Judge ye can be levelled up before we leave. I'll mind our current stash of treasure

Tigger wrote: »
    I just took what I
    Got and I love it
    Same here. I did specify elf as the party needed some magic at the time but I just played as the dice rolled, no re-adjusting. I had great Charisma but no money to hire any retainers. I had great constitution but pisspoor strength and dex. So I was a crappy fighter and a underpowered magic user.

Great character though, I'll miss him. And I'll miss AlanTracey and 'piph my two trusty steeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If ye come back today and go visit a certain Judge ye can be levelled up before we leave. I'll mind our current stash of treasure

OK, while the Judge sounds a lot less "**** your **** up" than The Butcher, he also sounds a lot more "answer me these questions 3" which, given Goodie's answer to every question is "Exploding arrow in your face!" could end badly. If he's going to look into your souls and judge you... well that's fine if you've got one but not all of us are so lucky.

The mysterious chick with the delicious face mentioned not being able to harm us in the light. I think we had just a lantern, but either way it would not be a good idea to start ferrying stuff up and down using our fancy nightvision/infravision only. She's clearly a hot slenderman type. I have torches, tonnes of the ****ing things. We can light the place up like a christmas tree if need be.

I say we take what we can reasonably carry down the mountain between us - Ekbard hauls stuff up to the chapel from the rope, Goodie ties the rope on to the chests, Moy and I drag the stuff to and from the treasure room, Bandy holds a torch in his mouth to stop him shouting Rocky-esque encouragement. Bandy can drag stuff - he has no arms but he still has robo-legs - same as the rest of us, we just tie it on. We get down to the cliff face using the sarcophagi like Moy suggested. At that point we find out if we've gotten far enough away to get the benefits of XP and level up. We can decide if we split up then - Bandy needs to go back for arms, I need to drink or I'm probably going to wig out, whoever has the highest charisma might need to go too to hire some retainers? We cash in as much as we can, bury what we can't at the cliff face/cave, try not to get caught in the teleporters and come back with the others to find Vergedain's body before we blow the whole ****ing place up.

I have a wineskin full of god's blood. I'm pretty sure it will kill me, because the god in question will not be a friend of mine. I don't know if Bandy can do somethign about that - e.g. as a cleric of Vergedain, bless me.... actually that might kill me too :D. But Bandy could always try to commune with him again to find out what he wants us to do with his body?

I know you want to blow the place up but we need to do something about the seals first I think. Also - If the black stuff is God's Blood, what the hell is the silver stuff? Souls? And if we have god's blood, why do we need to go to the tower? And if Askit is dead, who's going to pay us?

Banjo wrote: »
    OK, while the Judge sounds a lot less "**** your **** up" than The Butcher, he also sounds a lot more "answer me these questions 3" which, given Goodie's answer to every question is "Exploding arrow in your face!" could end badly. If he's going to look into your souls and judge you... well that's fine if you've got one but not all of us are so lucky.

The mysterious chick with the delicious face mentioned not being able to harm us in the light. I think we had just a lantern, but either way it would not be a good idea to start ferrying stuff up and down using our fancy nightvision/infravision only. She's clearly a hot slenderman type. I have torches, tonnes of the ****ing things. We can light the place up like a christmas tree if need be.

I say we take what we can reasonably carry down the mountain between us - Ekbard hauls stuff up to the chapel from the rope, Goodie ties the rope on to the chests, Moy and I drag the stuff to and from the treasure room, Bandy holds a torch in his mouth to stop him shouting Rocky-esque encouragement. Bandy can drag stuff - he has no arms but he still has robo-legs - same as the rest of us, we just tie it on. We get down to the cliff face using the sarcophagi like Moy suggested. At that point we find out if we've gotten far enough away to get the benefits of XP and level up. We can decide if we split up then - Bandy needs to go back for arms, I need to drink or I'm probably going to wig out, whoever has the highest charisma might need to go too to hire some retainers? We cash in as much as we can, bury what we can't at the cliff face/cave, try not to get caught in the teleporters and come back with the others to find Vergedain's body before we blow the whole ****ing place up.

I have a wineskin full of god's blood. I'm pretty sure it will kill me, because the god in question will not be a friend of mine. I don't know if Bandy can do somethign about that - e.g. as a cleric of Vergedain, bless me.... actually that might kill me too :D. But Bandy could always try to commune with him again to find out what he wants us to do with his body?

I know you want to blow the place up but we need to do something about the seals first I think. Also - If the black stuff is God's Blood, what the hell is the silver stuff? Souls? And if we have god's blood, why do we need to go to the tower? And if Askit is dead, who's going to pay us?

Wow, that's a well thought out plan. Perhaps the vampire cleric should lead us for a while :P
    You can feed off me I have full HP for now
    And I'm defenseless.

But other than that - let's do it your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Can we manage the tower without Elins key?

Can we manage the tower without Elins key?

Good point. Need to contact the dragon and find out

Remember my words:

“Don’t piss off the dragon!”

We really should tell her Askit killed her suicide squad. Or primarily Askit anyways

• Advertisement

Wasn't there a provision where the key would find a 2nd host if necessary? Goodie, maybe?
    Or does that require us to get the hungry Xestepillar back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Banjo wrote: »
    Wasn't there a provision where the key would find a 2nd host if necessary? Goodie, maybe?
    Or does that require us to get the hungry Xestepillar back?
    You require the Xestes larvae to do that though. Which is currently up my zombie sleeve.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    You require the Xestes larvae to do that though. Which is currently up my zombie sleeve.

Whats your plans Mols? Re role or play on as a zombie? Four said last night he was gonna stop the late nights. Could do with ya back though. Party down to 5 now, although with OG returning we'll be 6

Well there has been a proposal made which I accepted. I'm waiting to see what Four says. I'll be online tonight so I'm hoping to get properly into it.

I'm happy to roll a new character though if/when Elin takes a nosedive.

Side Quest:
    Naive magic user discovers a wandering zombie with a Devil on her arm, undertakes quest to cure said zombie, risks life and limb on epic journey to a Magicans Tower, defeating hoards of zombies with his trusty 1d4 dagger and his magical ability to real languages, all before nightfall. Easypeasy

You can 'cure' zombies now?

That side quest sounds like a typical odd couple scenario. I love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

quick map to check my orientation is correct.
    436230.JPG

sKeith wrote: »
    quick map to check my orientation is correct.
    436230.JPG

Sorry, my mapping has been seriously lacking recently.

Also this totally looks like a bong.

Well Tigger IS convinced Fourier's on drugs :pac:

• Advertisement

I see a duck with a bowler hat stuck on the end of a pipe.
    So yeah, a bong. Or a bird caller.
    So many unopened doors... we can't burn this place, there's too much to loot / get murdered by.

Advertisement