Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

as far as i can tell, the treasures removed by the party is divid equally among party leaving as XP, its not what your char indivudually carries out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And we brought a lot of treasure.

Some we probably shouldn't have been allowed to but... :D

I got my painting and that's all that matters.

Dungeons:
    Dungeons come in three flavours: Normal, Nega, Mega.

Normal dungeons are of reasonable size (six floors) and quite dangerous. Negadungeons are lethal, possibly everybody would be killed multiple times and if played wrong you wouldn't even earn anything. Megadungeons are massive (hundreds of levels), but are no harder than normal dungeons. I'll be starting with normal ones.

*Technically there were two first editions, an advanced one for tournaments and a basic one for the average player. We'll be playing the basic one, like the lads in Stranger Things.

Has it just been normal dungeons so far Fourier?

If so... I'm scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    Has it just been normal dungeons so far Fourier?

If so... I'm scared.
    Yes. The Butcher was Nega level, but he guarded treasure.

Nega = Butcher level things (note the plural), but no actual treasure.

A megadungeon would be a lot of fun.

• Advertisement

The tower is a megadungeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Are the tower and the tomb the same thing? I kept getting confused about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Says the guy who literally puts the crawl in "dungeon crawl" :D
    Buy some spare parts before we go.

(that actually might be something that can be done. Who has engineering skills? Ekbard, a little MagEng myself, anyone else? Can we be trained by the Dwarfs to patch him up?)

@Molly - the Tower is the sky-blue thing past this mountain that we were originally making for before all the side-tracking

Banjo wrote: »

(that actually might be something that can be done. Who has engineering skills? Ekbard, a little MagEng myself, anyone else? Can we be trained by the Dwarfs to patch him up?)

@Molly - the Tower is the sky-blue thing past this mountain that we were originally making for before all the side-tracking

:pac::pac::pac:

Actually my new character was training to be an armourer so he might come in useful to patch up Bandy as and when needed.

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Actually my new character was training to be an armourer so he might come in useful to patch up Bandy as and when needed.

Don't forget your 4 skill points.

You as well, OldGoat

Full leveling up details soon, was busy last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

You as well, OldGoat
    Been thinking about those. Do I get 5 as a magic user?

I've been leaning towards taking skills that match my characters strengths and background but should I be trying to bolster my weaknesses instead?
    For example if I were high on Int, low on Dex so should I be loading up on Dex bonuses or making myself even more Int'ier?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

You as well, OldGoat

I took 2 in engineering and 1 each in balance and craft.

Act II is up.

OldGoat wrote: »
    For example if I were high on Int, low on Dex so should I be loading up on Dex bonuses or making myself even more Int'ier?
    If you solve that problem universally, you break all RPGs :D

No matter what you do, you'll hit a problem eventually where you wish you did the other.

I think skill points are related to the intelligence modifier rather than class - or at least they are in some streams. Depends what Four's using. The smarter you are the more you'll learn I guess. Also, your intelligence will define how many languages you can speak.

I think skill points are related to the intelligence modifier rather than class - or at least they are in some streams. Depends what Four's using. The smarter you are the more you'll learn I guess. Also, your intelligence will define how many languages you can speak.
    It's true in the version we're using. Skill points depend on Int modifier.

God damn Fourier! Bandylegs gets a Xanthea AND a Bandy side quest? This is exciting.

Wait - did we not promise her we would fulfill her promise to Duncan to destroy the cult hq up the mountain? And...uh....Vergedain's body is up there.... I mean, Othegre has no vested interest and all but I think once you've chewed someones heart you will forever carry a part of them inside you, especially if you no longer have a digestive process. Maybe Goodie blew it up with a well placed explosive arrow? Wait no, that couldn't have happened, there were no innocent civilians standing in the doorway for him to aim at :D

BTW : Digi - do please let me know if I'm getting on your tits too much and I'll dial it back (well, attempt to). It just strikes me as the in-character thing to do, she has no respect for anyone else's faith because they're wrong and Moy keeps trying to kill her.

Wait - did we not promise her we would fulfill her promise to Duncan to destroy the cult hq up the mountain?
    The tomb is always open to revisits and always lethal :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Yay! I’m a plot point. The tale of Xanthea lives on, and give me an opportunity to tell you once again:

Do Not Piss Off The Dragon!

I mean you don’t want to see Darrowtown and all those who dwell within reduced (quite spectacularly) to nothingness so much that no deity will be able to help. Well maybe Four does, but he’s like that!

Yay! I’m a plot point. The tale of Xanthea lives on, and give me an opportunity to tell you once again:

You could always return as her sister....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

what was the mission up the mountain anyhow, my character was just told to come along for the treasure but wasn't told any details, and i was busy most of the week and didnt read most of others carryons outside character POV.

all we seemed to do is go up, find dead duncan, get treasure, and come back down.

and the dwarf master told that it was important and gave an ipad for the journey

sKeith wrote: »
    what was the mission up the mountain anyhow, my character was just told to come along for the treasure but wasn't told any details, and i was busy most of the week and didnt read most of others carryons outside character POV.

all we seemed to do is go up, find dead duncan, get treasure, and come back down.

and the dwarf master told that it was important and gave an ipad for the journey

I actually forget :o:o

I usually write down the quests but my loss of legs affected my memory.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

sKeith wrote: »

The dwarves knew the temple to be very, very dangerous and kind of had Duncan on a "ring every week" deal to make sure it was okay. His absence made them afraid something terrible was up. They know more about the temple than they let on. They wanted the characters to find out what was up and if possible stop it.

What was up ultimately was that Askit had disturbed the tomb and killed Duncan in order to make a sibling, as the other "hooded" Soet clerics were mindless and Soet's voice was wearing away his mind. Askit himself would have known about other things in the tomb, but was mainly concerned with the "Mother" monster.

The tomb was for the kings of Kyrtin, one of the old empires and Soet worshippers. They had made the mother, centuries ago, to build beings like Askit.

The hoard obviously was last seen on the slopes, but as you'll see, has since vanished.

That post should have said Askit killed Duncan, not he killed Soet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I’m gonna do up a propper charachter sheet
    Is all my stuff done
    Also how much money did I get
    How many potions are left 6?

Tigger wrote: »
    Is all my stuff done

If any of them are speed potions, back of the line!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

If any of them are speed potions, back of the line!
    What my share of gold from the thing or has that happened yet

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    Is all my stuff done

Not sure about the potions. Money has to be divided out evenly once stuff is sold. Most of it is with Ekbard although I have my share (outside the piano proceeds that is :P)

Advertisement