Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Actually, divide that coin (piano proceeds) between the rest. I have my gold. AND my painting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Yeah, as he ho grabs the most loot, and as the most hated customer in the shop, it falls to ekbard to sell the loot and divvy it up. As mentioned in a1.s4 I had 5800 worth of whatever came out of that room and already owed 577 from Thurmonton which can be taken from my share or pulled from the bank.

Do Elin, Xanth and Saeros' shares go into trust for supplying any future comrades?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Pay for a batch of Dwarf stonemasons to go up the mountain and build me a tomb the likes of which will never be seen again.

Or share it amongst yourselves. I’m dead. I’m not going to argue. I’ll just haunt you instead.

Banjo wrote: »
    Yeah, as he ho grabs the most loot, and as the most hated customer in the shop, it falls to ekbard to sell the loot and divvy it up. As mentioned in a1.s4 I had 5800 worth of whatever came out of that room and already owed 577 from Thurmonton which can be taken from my share or pulled from the bank.

Do Elin, Xanth and Saeros' shares go into trust for supplying any future comrades?

Xanth and Saeros, yes. I figure I'd better take her share tbh if we have that Xanthea sized sidequest. Elin didn't actually go into the tomb with us... so?? I dunno.

There's 2800GP there for Elin's character that she refused to touch. I expect the new thief won't have such morals :P

I suppose Bandylegs should at some point apologise to Goodie for trying to headbutt him like a ram as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Tigger wrote: »
    What my share of gold from the thing or has that happened yet
    share is 1/5 as 5 of us made if out, am i wrong?

• Advertisement

we could do 7ths and pop it into the bamk, which would have theirs wills on file (goes to their next char)

up to the 5 , my vote would be a 7 split. 3 in agreement solves it.

as for estimate of moneys . there was 40000gp of gems in just one of those chests and we got 6 chests and whatever else was in the room + a piano ;)

Well, technically the tomb that's already on the mountain is the likes of which will never be seen again - by us!
    I'm happy to split 7 ways.

Out of interest, once you have armour and weapons and a plate suit that for legal reasons is very definitely not an Iron Man suit, what is all this gold for?

I floated the idea of a dwarf-made Troll Buster exosuit. Four did not specifically say no...
    Don't have a viable power source yet but maybe something can be done with silver soul goop...

Think there was a value in the piano...will have a look layer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

sKeith wrote: »
    share is 1/5 as 5 of us made if out, am i wrong?

Sounds right
    I’m gonna buy some pike men to distract people and carry out moneys for us

sKeith wrote: »
    we could do 7ths and pop it into the bamk, which would have theirs wills on file (goes to their next char)

up to the 5 , my vote would be a 7 split. 3 in agreement solves it.

If someone re incarnates then sound but if they are a new person I don’t think it’s a great idea It’s out of charachter
    They can bank the money and leave it to their chosen person but.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I removed the erectile dysfunction mini-arc :) Guaranteed there's a related side quest that we'll never get to experience :( but it's for the best. Replaced with blood drinking threat.
    honestly I thought all those posts were getting removed, god knows how much we got out on the sled.

BTW, I do hope if he survives I can continue to try to break Moys faith. Let me know if it gets annoying

Edit. 12.03 and we're not desperately trying to roll a single digit number to stem the bleeding from yet another Bandy dismemberment. It feels....wrong

I haven't seen what you actually posted, it's not something I'd take offense to but you never know how people will react to these things, I've seen enough stories from reddit of people not wanting to play over sexual themes and actions in game that they weren't comfortable with. Better safe than sorry imo.

It's bugging me a bit because I feel trapped In doing what's best for the party and I'm not arsed running tension with you, and I don't want to kill your character so I'm just sitting and taking it, if I had a better handle on how to deal with it I wouldn't give a ****.

I wouldn't ask you to stop with the breaking of Moys faith because it's funny, but prepared to not get a reaction because I don't know how to react.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Fourier wrote: »
    Okay guys ideas are pouring out of my head for the next act. General questions.

More lethal or Less lethal in the next act? This will involve taking stuff from later editions.

More or less of the "metaplot"?

Bigger or smaller dungeons?

I skew heavily to the weird fantasy end, would anybody prefer more traditional fantasy? Like less Askit and god juice horror stuff and more castles and kings?

More of the same imo, maybe bigger dungeons.

What's metaplot?

I personally love the weird fantasy aspects

More of the same imo, maybe bigger dungeons.

What's metaplot?

I personally love the weird fantasy aspects

That last one could have been huge but and we just scraped the surface.

down the pit unexplored
    nw corridor route
    + n room

weird lock door

hidden door

east passage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Any loot belong to Saeros is to be divided amongst the survivors bar 100 GP for a night out on him and 100GP that is to be bet on the rank outsider in the next insect fight ye find.
    He'd be sorely disappointed if ye didn't get drunk and thrown out of at least two taverns.

CODA: If by chance lady luck smile on the bet and ye win then the winnings are to be divided amongst the survivors bar 100 GP for a night out on him and 100GP that is to be bet on the rank outsider in the next insect fight ye find.
    He'd be sorely disappointed if ye didn't get drunk and thrown out of at least two taverns.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Just so ye know, I'm away today.

Fourier wrote: »
    Just so ye know, I'm away today.

aaagggghhhhhh!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

No!!!! I'm hungover and ready for murderin!!!

Also I'm in the 'split the money 5 ways' camp. From the point of view of the characters, their comrades died. Why would they split a bounty 7 ways when only 5 made it out. Our new characters have nothing to do with the dead ones.

Might be an idea to form a joint pool for hiring retainers etc though. Everyone can contribute.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    No!!!! I'm hungover and ready for murderin!!!

I think Fourier is around today, he was saying on rollz he wasn't available yesterday... I hope at least :P

We're in a city, we're between quests, you know this is a shopping week :)

Are we going to need a boat?
    Crew?
    @Fourier - if I'm required to have a coffin filled with soil so I can cross open water, let me know.

Apropos of nothing, I know it's not much of an issue to anyone else, but I'd appreciate very clear stage directions on when we're indoors and outdoors, when it's day and night. I'm assuming the entire Dwarven city is underground and it's not naturally lit by an ingenious system of mirrors and prisms. Otherwise I'm stuck clanking around the place like a slightly hotter looking cobra commander.

• Advertisement

Question: have you guys PM'd Four with your backstories or something? Like has Four decided that Goodie is from Zassan or what? I assume so? And Tig will just run with it?

Necro did you just make up these places or are you taking it from the map?
    'Surely as masters ye know the name of McGillicuddy is dirt in Dwacatra. Me father saw to that with the way he died. I cannae go back! But... if Vergadain wills it... I trust ye will inform the masters o'nearby Dhurn Dharal not to interfere. I have no love for them, or their forcing the will o'Dumathoin on the city. I cannae promise I'll hold me temper if they get involved!'

I'm just so impressed by how much everyone is getting into this. My imagination is nowhere near as good as some of you. I am feeling overwhelmed. Lol.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Question: have you guys PM'd Four with your backstories or something? Like has Four decided that Goodie is from Zassan or what? I assume so? And Tig will just run with it?

Necro did you just make up these places or are you taking it from the map?

I'm just so impressed by how much everyone is getting into this. My imagination is nowhere near as good as some of you. I am feeling overwhelmed. Lol.

I made up the two above cos I'm mental :P

But yes, I PMed my backstory to Fourier after he requested it.

I love it. :D

Anyone that wants Bandylegs full backstory can have it if they REALLY want but I expect some of it to be worked into the narrative so it comes with a spoiler warning.

Nah I like the dribs and drabs. Like a serialised story or a comic book.

I only have a vague outline of a backstory for any character at any point. I'll usually make it up as I go along. I have a shadow of an idea about what Kal is at. It'll stay like that till something happens that requires more backstory.

Molly, the best thing you can do is if you need the name of a person/place/thing/religion is really just spout the first thing that comes into your head. Who cares if you worship the Bumblebear and need to find his divine honey mine. Four is hardly going to scream WRONG WRONG WRONG at you for it!

On backstories, you have your idea as to what drives your player, what got them to where they are now. Four might have a different idea. At least with a bare bones backstory from you, he can fill details as needed.

I think I mentioned it before that I pmed a back story for my last character, which was mostly environmental stuff because he was a boring person, and then he chickened out of the adventure and I really hope I didn't push a load of my nonsense into a corner of this fair land. In many ways, it was this backstory that lead my Fighter to run away from the group and the game before things kicked off. So be careful what you write!

As such, my little corner of the sub plot reveals in act 2 comes from Saeros' backstory (gambling debts and insect fighting pits) my need to have dialog while only controlling 1 character and some source of natural random pattern for interpretation (leading to Simon the Spider) and Fourier's refusal to let any offhand remark go to waste!

WHY DO YOU KEEP NEEDING TO KNOW MY HAIR COLOUR??? it's driving me nuts....

If you're stuck, use the character traits from the random generator. How do you reconcile them, and the class and the stats? Group them together as complimentary and antagonistic groups and ask questions. Write the questions and answers down and keep going down rabbit holes till it makes you interested in the character or ready to throw them away.

Saw an interview with an author a few months ago who said he starts a new character with one statement, eg John Smith is a jerk. Thats all. So naturally you ask Why is he a jerk? Because he told me to go **** myself at Thanksgiving dinner. Why was he at your Thanksgiving dinner? Well his wife died and he's struggling to keep things going with work and his 2 kids and I wanted to help out. How did his wife died? What's his job? Tell me about the kids? Etc etc. Not ever character will be a Dean Moriarty or an Atticus Finch, but by the end they're also not a series of dice rolls.

I want to know more about the Divine Bumblebear.

• Advertisement

I want to know more about the Divine Bumblebear.

The Divine Bumblebear is a 50 foot tall, black and yellow striped Polar Bear, who weirdly doesn't live anywhere near the poles.

The habitat of the Divine Bumblebear is said to be the Divine Honey Mine. Where it is, or if it even exists is a matter of debate, because any devotee of the Divine Bumblebear who has gone looking for the Divine Honey Mine has failed to return.

At this point we do not know if the Divine Bumblebear is a benevolent God, vengeful God, or story that I just made up.

Advertisement