Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Banjo will ya change the wolves name? It's gone a bit too mocking

Boooooo! When an opportunity arises, will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Just do what I did - kill the wolf. Smite it with your religiousness!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Oh, meant to ask Fourier as well, how many spells do Level 5 Clerics have access to per day?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I've been weighing up if killing a wolf with a big stick or drowning it is easier, and what Nír would think of either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    Oh, meant to ask Fourier as well, how many spells do Level 5 Clerics have access to per day?
    Three Level 1 spells
    Two Level 2 spells
    One Level 3 spells

Non-destructive only as Dwarven cleric.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

inthink i killed some wolfies as well

Now Goodie, don't be shooting Flak on sight. At least wait till after he reads the potions for you :pac:

I've been weighing up if killing a wolf with a big stick or drowning it is easier, and what Nír would think of either.

Try either and you can ask Nír yourself, in person :)

Banjo wrote: »
    Try either and you can ask Nír yourself, in person :)

nonhurting the doggies p

I'll be driving home from work in about ten mins so can pick up whatever part of said story I need to tomorrow folks.

• Advertisement

AyGifM.png

Barred gates are dungeons yet to be mentioned.

There are two roads to Zassan from Sanderjarn:

(a) Passes through Clayton, then the Shire, then Qaban, then Zassan.

(b) Passes through the Bligh Mountains, past the volcano, then the dunes, then through the desert. This is an old road from the Kyrtin empire.

Bedtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

the red skulls and crossbones look like fun.

Actually, I'm redoing the map. In the current one, the Southern Hexes are worth more than the Northern ones (i.e. more miles across), but I think that will be too confusing. I was doing this to make it fit in a boards post, but I'll just externally link it.

the opposite of a standrd workd map

Done a bit of work on the map. Changed the entire area and added in every idea I've had so far, just so ye have a massive sandbox with different kinds of adventures and a real possibility for seafaring adventures (often underused in D&D games).

I've edited the new map into the post up above. Here is it in detail:

Full Map

Hex is now 12 miles on the new map. Some interesting grid points:

02.32 - Tower of Mzini
    09.42 - Lewisville
    11.40 - Installation of Invaders
    15.06 - Soetrard
    17.06 - Thurmunton
    18.07 - Cantry
    19.42 - Zassan
    20.08 - Clayton
    20.18 - Statue of fallen Kyrtin
    22.08 - Sanderjarn, Dwarrowtown, Temple of the Rulers
    25.16, 26.16, 26.17 - Shire
    25.27 - Sazus
    26.06 - Tower of Ursula
    26.23 - Qaban
    27.17 - Darport
    27.24 - Ruins of Kyrtin Capital
    27.32 - Fire Dwarf Stronghold
    28.38 - Lost City of the Star Lords
    29.49 - Osinzir
    31.05 - Castle of Davus (Vampire Lord)
    32.48 - Tomb of Ursula
    34.14 - Isle of Sorrows
    37.36 - Ancient Elven City
    42.13 - Carrig Eisteoir

Gate symbols are dungeons. (Not to say they are the only dungeons, for instance there are "hidden" ones in the water)

Dwacatra is off the shore of Zassan by only one mile, so not really easily representable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Four that is INSANE. Amazing work. But can we have a big YOU ARE HERE signpost? Are we in Thurmunton at 17.06? So we'll have to go back to Soetrard to get a ship to sail us south?

BTW guys, we're totally gonna need a bigger boat. I Like the look of the coloured bit around 17.37

Oh you're in 22.08, I've added it to the list above.

Holee dwarven deities! We're gonna need to buy a big boat after we make it to the Shire

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

'sOK, my daddy owns a ferry company, I have an In when it comes to getting a ship.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

So gang: which way are we going?
    There are two roads to Zassan from Sanderjarn:

(a) Passes through Clayton, then the Shire, then Qaban, then Zassan.

(b) Passes through the Bligh Mountains, past the volcano, then the dunes, then through the desert. This is an old road from the Kyrtin empire.

Main difference: (b) tunnels under the ocean and involves mountain hiking. I should have said routes not roads.

It's really a choice between actual trade route + boat or hike through mountains for ancient tunnel under ocean.

I fancy the Shire route but we'll have to shoot Goodie with a tranquiliser dart as per Fouriers comments at the start of the thread :pac:

Fourier wrote:
    It's really a choice between actual trade route + boat or hike through mountains for ancient tunnel under ocean.

Ancient tunnel under ocean? What could possibly go wrong there huh? :P

Necrominus wrote: »
    I fancy the Shire route but we'll have to shoot Goodie with a tranquiliser dart as per Fouriers comments at the start of the thread :pac:

You're going to need someone with an excellent shot for that. Can I suggest... Goodie? :pac:

You're going to need someone with an excellent shot for that. Can I suggest... Goodie?

Nah I already have it figured. Lace some biscuits with sleep powder. Goodies one weakness is biscuits :D

You have it sorted then! If you did raid Xanthea's backpack, you should have a couple of large sacks you can stuff him into for a while too.

I can't load the updated map for some reason, trying to download on my phone. If anyone can let me know where the castle of the Vampire lord is relative to the two routes, if it's close to one I'll pick the other one unless I'm compelled to do otherwise. Pretty sure there's nothing but trouble for my character there.
    That said "tunnels under the ocean" don't exactly scream "problem free" where "Trade routes" does scream "We will meet pirates.... SIDEQUEST!"

Banjo wrote: »
    I can't load the updated map for some reason, trying to download on my phone. If anyone can let me know where the castle of the Vampire lord is relative to the two routes, if it's close to one I'll pick the other one unless I'm compelled to do otherwise. Pretty sure there's nothing but trouble for my character there.
    That said "tunnels under the ocean" don't exactly scream "problem free" where "Trade routes" does scream "We will meet pirates.... SIDEQUEST!"

Everywhere we want to go is south of where we are now. Your vampire tower is North East on the other side of the giant mountain we just came down from. I don't think you're gonna get anyone on board with that much of a side quest.

I think I'd be more inclined to go with the shire/boat route. Even though I don't think Kal is very much enamoured with water.

• Advertisement

Did Bandy pay for the rust coat on his new appendages? If not it has to be the tunnel.

Advertisement