Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

OldGoat wrote: »

I have yet to meet with you and have yet to be persuaded or ordered to join up. I'll have to see some clear advantages especially if I've managed to get a letter of introduction to the court mage.
    After that I'll just have a bit of shopping to do and a good nights sleep so I can refresh my one and only spell.

Well... I convinced Molly's character with a couple of GP, I imagine appealing to your adventurous side might pay dividends given you've already got some coin :P

Bandylegs will assign 2 of his dwarven warriors to guard the mage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Necrominus wrote: »
    Well... I convinced Molly's character with a couple of GP, I imagine appealing to your adventurous side might pay dividends given you've already got some coin :P

Bandylegs will assign 2 of his dwarven warriors to guard the mage.
    if h dies im getting my gold back

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

If you die after taking a potion I MAY have misidentified I'll give you your gold back.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Tigger wrote: »
    can someone tell me where we are going because if we are going through the shire im gona be pissed

Ah come on, think of all the beautiful pastoral cottages you can arson! It'll be a hoot.

We'll dress you as an ewok, no one needs to know you're there.

Oooh... Fourier when we finally get a resolution to whether Ekbard can crush the strongest dwarf warrior can you post the stats for the dwarven warriors please? Wanna add them to my notes.

Thankee!

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    can someone tell me where we are going because if we are going through the shire im gona be pissed

Probably going to the shire.

Here, have a biscuit, there's extra sugar on it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Do we have a reason to go to the shire now, with the map rejigging, i think the routes have changed too.
    I'm guessing the anchors are ports, there is three directions we can go. east west or south,(depending on what we ask whom) since the destination zasson is also south, why go any other direction but south?
    Quickest route onto the water is west, but do we want to do most of our voyage on sea or just some of it?

6 blocks of land west. quickest way onto the sea.
    11 blocks of land east. through the waste lands.
    12 blocks of land south. past the volcano.

Upload for my own benefit, i can't use imageshack in work.

sKeith wrote: »
    Do we have a reason to go to the shire now, with the map rejigging, i think the routes have changed too.
    I'm guessing the anchors are ports, there is three directions we can go. east west or south,(depending on what we ask whom) since the destination zasson is also south, why go any other direction but south?
    Quickest route onto the water is west, but do we want to do most of our voyage on sea or just some of it?

If you want to travel on the under sea passage by all means go ahead. Soetrard would be a bad choice imo given we don't know where this army of undead have wandered off to. Going through the wastelands brings us a bit too close for comfort to the Vampire Lords home... I'm with Othegre in avoiding that like the plague at least for now.

If you want to travel on the under sea passage by all means go ahead. Soetrard would be a bad choice imo given we don't know where this army of undead have wandered off to. Going through the wastelands brings us a bit too close for comfort to the Vampire Lords home... I'm with Othegre in avoiding that like the plague at least for now.

You just said no to all three routes!

OldGoat wrote: »
    If you die after taking a potion I MAY have misidentified I'll give you your gold back.

ok deal

• Advertisement

No, we can skirt around volcano into green lands below what I assume is a lake, head down through the shire. Safest way that doesn't involve centuries old passage ways collapsing on our heads under millions of cubic feet of water :pac::pac::pac:

lol

No, we can skirt around volcano into green lands below what I assume is a lake, head down through the shire. Safest way that doesn't involve centuries old passage ways collapsing on our heads under millions of cubic feet of water :pac::pac::pac:

I just assumed that volcano is the same one we saw in the pictures in Tumuz's tomb... which would make it a pretty dangerous place to go given his brother is the one who won... Still haven't seen the updated map though (blocked at work and can't download via mobile for some reason) so I'm basing that off the older map.

That's the southern route, and the one I believed led to the ancient tunnel (27.18 27.19 27.20 or something like that.)
    your comment "If you want to travel on the under sea passage by all means go ahead."

Banjo wrote: »
    I just assumed that volcano is the same one we saw in the pictures in Tumuz's tomb... which would make it a pretty dangerous place to go given his brother is the one who won... Still haven't seen the updated map though (blocked at work and can't download via mobile for some reason) so I'm basing that off the older map.

i've attached it to my post #1598

shortest and quickes are not the same
    id say im ok in the shire im a good st disguises and running away

That's the southern route, and the one I believed led to the ancient tunnel (27.18 27.19 27.20 or something like that.)
    your comment "If you want to travel on the under sea passage by all means go ahead."

Two routes south as per Four :P
    Fourier wrote: »

There are two roads to Zassan from Sanderjarn:

(a) Passes through Clayton, then the Shire, then Qaban, then Zassan.

(b) Passes through the Bligh Mountains, past the volcano, then the dunes, then through the desert. This is an old road from the Kyrtin empire.

That's the one I want to travel. I know map has been updated since

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

(a) Passes through Clayton, then the Shire, then Qaban, then Zassan.
    I'm also happy with this one. Gives Kal a chance to level up a bit.

someone give me thebcloak of looking more impressive will ya
    acually if immwanted for something innthe shire ill justvsay im my son and that mybfather who ibbear a strikomg resemblance to was eaten by maggots

new map destroys that description,

clayton is to our west, shire is south. you dont go near clayton to get to the shire now.

• Advertisement

new map destroys that description,

clayton is to our west, shire is south. you dont go near clayton to get to the shire now.

Ah yes now I see. I think what is meant though is that there's a pass from Clayton through the mountains to the Shire that doesn't go near the volcano. Could be wrong of course.

ahhhgghhhhhhhhgghh

Ah yes now I see. I think what is meant though is that there's a pass from Clayton through the mountains to the Shire that doesn't go near the volcano. Could be wrong of course.

436517.JPG

YEah, but it may be quicker / easier to go to Clayton and travel south (1 hex of mountains) than travel directly south (2 hexes of mountains) to reach the same point. A lot will depend on available roads / tracks / etc.

There was something in Clayton though, wasn't there?

Banjo wrote: »
    YEah, but it may be quicker / easier to go to Clayton and travel south (1 hex of mountains) than travel directly south (2 hexes of mountains) to reach the same point. A lot will depend on available roads / tracks / etc.

There was something in Clayton though, wasn't there?

Yep, the locals are supposed to be off their rockers.

Yep, the locals are supposed to be off their rockers.

I think the GM called them strange.. then i interpreted that as bat **** crazy, and now i re-interpreted it as off their rockers. I'm playing Chinese whispers and i'm the only one playing.

So seemingly no way around the volcano then :(

Up and over we go! :pac:

In fairness, have we been to a single town, village, wide spot in the road or hole in the ground where everyone wasn't either already methhead-level crazy or driven to it by a sudden and unexpected explosive arrow to the knee?

Edit : If we're going over the mountain, might want Flak to practice that "resist fire" spell a few more times first...

Whats the sky blue, it could be an inland lake that is frozen over, we could go straight across it.

• Advertisement

oh, its connected to the sea, so maybe a fyord.

Advertisement