Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Just to be clear the two routes I mentioned are those with pre-made somewhat paved roads. Of course one could reach Dunport by just directly hiking through the mountains.

There's a road that connects back to Clayton from Sanderjarn (it's the one that you would have taken without Citra, it's the Sanderjarn-Soetrard trade route) and then goes from Clayton skirting the edge of the Blight mountains into the Shire (it's how the Shire connects with Soetrard trade).

Under the old map it was a simple road south, but my simulations of your trip along it revealed that the road was a little uninteresting, so that's why I've made it skirt the Blight slopes for a long period.

sKeith wrote: »
    oh, its connected to the sea, so maybe a fyord.
    Fyord with magical effects from the Wrecklands spilling over into it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Banjo wrote: »
    In fairness, have we been to a single town, village, wide spot in the road or hole in the ground where everyone wasn't either already methhead-level crazy or driven to it by a sudden and unexpected explosive arrow to the knee?

Edit : If we're going over the mountain, might want Flak to practice that "resist fire" spell a few more times first...

Love the Skyrim reference :) You forgot obsessed with an evil dark lord (Tumuz in Thurmunton)
    Whats the sky blue, it could be an inland lake that is frozen over, we could go straight across it.

Probably just a normal lake. Could buy canoes :P

Fourier wrote: »
    Just to be clear the two routes I mentioned are those with pre-made somewhat paved roads. Of course one could reach Dunport by just directly hiking through the mountains.

There's a road that connects back to Clayton from Sanderjarn (it's the one that you would have taken without Citra, it's the Sanderjarn-Soetrard trade route) and then goes from Clayton skirting the edge of the Blight mountains into the Shire (it's how the Shire connects with Soetrard trade).

Under the old map it was a simple road south, but my simulations of your trip along it revealed that the road was a little uninteresting, so that's why I've made it skirt the Blight slopes for a long period.

Yeah, that's what I had in my head with you mentioning passes. As opposed to hiking through the mountains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Oh yeah, we're going to clayton :D when there we can decide on west or south.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Nobody makes it out of town alive or undead at this rate. Keep up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Yup! We're just pissing off EVERYONE! :D

Nobody makes it out of town alive or undead at this rate. Keep up the good work!

Smart arse fancy pants guard, I'll be leaving with his head mounted on my horse

Again I'm off, don't worry things will ramp up on the road and especially in the first major destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    Again I'm off, don't worry things will ramp up on the road and especially in the first major destination.

Another night of wondering whether or not I'm dead... you have to stop leaving me hanging like this. That I keep landing myself in these situations is by the by.

Hello darkness my old friend
    I just came a dwarf's rear end

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Banjo wrote: »
    Another night of wondering whether or not I'm dead... you have to stop leaving me hanging like this. That I keep landing myself in these situations is by the by.

Hello darkness my old friend
    I just came a dwarf's rear end

cane out

I presume once Fourier gets back we're nearly ready to blow this joint.

Assuming Othegre Ekbard and Goodie survive the vampire hating dwarf that is

I only have to kill him 998 more times, before he'll start taking me seriously. I can do this!

I was hoping to visit an undertaker but I doubt the Dwarves have much use for a covered hearse carriage that I can buy. At least I can get a coffin. Other than that I think I'm good to go, although I take it we need to bring our cash with us, since we're not going to be coming back this way and they don't have digital transfers?

Hey, given that Soetrard is on a penninsula and has an extensive dragon-powered train network, and probably trade links with the major population centre we're currently in, can't we just catch a tray to Clayton and change for the Shire?

Actually that's a good point re: money.

Fourier if we bank money in Dwarrowtown can we access it anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

If we can gather some more coin/items/information from the Osiners and then assume that I sent a runner to buy my kit from a quartermaster of the camp and that we all get a nice sleep then yep, good to go.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Can dwarfs freely use warhammers now? kuhurti is about to use one and it seems to be kidunli's favourite weapon too.

Presumably they can make Dwarf-sized WarHammers that are bigger than regular hammers but not big enough to be prohibitively long? I mean they can make functioning arms and legs.

OldGoat wrote: »
    If we can gather some more coin/items/information from the Osiners and then assume that I sent a runner to buy my kit from a quartermaster of the camp and that we all get a nice sleep then yep, good to go.

send a runner. Pshaw! Do it by flash back! "Hey, remember that time we all went to the merchants in Dwarrowtown?.....<ripple transition>"

I might have to flash back to that time I paid a visit to an apothecary/alchemist for a potion or two.

OldGoat wrote: »
    I might have to flash back to that time I paid a visit to an apothecary/alchemist for a potion or two.

We probably have to backtrack to Clayton to take the pass to the Shire so that might be a better bet than the primarily magic hating dwarves

• Advertisement

We might need to go back to askit place to destroy of the baby devils before they grow up.

What, back in Soetrard? Isn't there an army of the dead between us and them?

didn't the army stop and head a different direction.

didn't the army stop and head a different direction.

We don't know

Well, we can be letting some hypothetical undead army dictate our play, if we see if ahead of us, we can skedaddle in opposite direction.

Well, we can be letting some hypothetical undead army dictate our play, if we see if ahead of us, we can skedaddle in opposite direction.

It's a long way to travel by boat going from Soetrard though....

Necrominus wrote: »
    It's a long way to travel by boat going from Soetrard though....

Do you get seasick?

Doesn't matter as long as one scene starts, they sail off leaving soetard behind, and the next scene says, and they arrive into the port of put destination here.

Trains, guys. ****ing dragon-powered trains! The initial post said they have 90 steam powered trains, that's too many for a domestic service, they have to have gone intercity!

Either way, we have to survive whatever Purge \ Wicker Man \ Trolls 2 loopiness Clayton has in store first!

BTW I have to prepare my house for some work getting done tomorrow, so I may be a little all over the place tonight.

Edit :
    sKeith, you know the next scene will begin with "The port of X is in sight!
    Suddenly a giant jelly / squid / 40 foot tall gecko / angry dwarf with 997 lives left climbs over the rail

If memory serves Bandy has a skills bonus for swimming. That should be interesting to see with all that metalwork.

• Advertisement

Can dwarfs freely use warhammers now? kuhurti is about to use one and it seems to be kidunli's favourite weapon too.
    I don't want to spoil anything.

Advertisement