Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

YAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'm drinking tea and eating bacon butties fresh from the mobile tavern.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

1 bottle of wine down. Does it count as 1 bottle if 2 glasses were white and 2 were red?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

its one bottle of rose

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Who's at the front of the party?

• Advertisement

Ekbard, a few of the strongest dwarves

Thread up

Thief and Magic User will be useful for Clayton. Let me know when suits people for a session in the village.

Fourier wrote: »
    Thief and Magic User will be useful for Clayton. Let me know when suits people for a session in the village.

Free tomorrow anyways.

Saturday have a Christmas party night.

Sunday be out with presents etc.

Be next week after tomorrow unfortunately :(

One question when you get a chance Fourier.

Am I following dwarven levelling up system now or have I switched to cleric? Doesn't really matter just so I know what the threshold is for next level.

• Advertisement

You'll need roughly 1.5 normal Dwarf XP to reach each level, starting once you reach Level 6.

Yeah I think we're gonna have to pause this for a week. I have pre-Christmas dinner with my husband tonight before we part ways so I'm out tonight. Out tomorrow night, family time Christmas eve, being drunk Christmas day, out Stephen's day, friends house on the 27th. Fcuk I'm exhausted even thinking about it.

I should be back to Belfast on the 28th so we can restart from then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Drinking tonight. Family visiting 23rd and 24th (and elf duty!). Travelling 26th and 28th, wedding 29th. Happy to autopilot if Molly and OG have a window I can't make.

Christmas is going to be busy regardless, I think a pause till the New Year is best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Molly, Just seen your latest char sheet, unfortunately, your HP is only 5, but, it is the max increase in a lvl up for a thief.

Yeah rolled for your health last night Molly, should have told you it was a d4. As sKeith said you got the max health possible for a thief.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Sounds like there is going to be a bit of spying and burglary in the oul town tonight. Looking forward to seeing Kal and Flak getting into mischief.
    That's 'tonight' in character time rather than in player time...temporal headaches.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

sKeith wrote: »
    Molly, Just seen your latest char sheet, unfortunately, your HP is only 5, but, it is the max increase in a lvl up for a thief.
    Yeah rolled for your health last night Molly, should have told you it was a d4. As sKeith said you got the max health possible for a thief.

****, why did I think it was a d6? Doh. I'll update the post.

Little plug for the Disney game sign up thread here if ye don't mind :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057823312

Don't mind me, just posting this now because I've a bit of free time from the Christmas visits.

Since we've gone a bit into the game and people have experience, I thought I'd add some more stuff. Most of this is from the Advanced Edition Companion to Labyrinth Lord.

Advanced Edition Companion (AEC)

New Classes:
    If you die, or anybody new joins. You have the following new classes available to you:

Assassin
    Druid
    Illusionist
    Monk
    Paladin
    Ranger
    Ninja
    Samurai

Some of these are "special" variations of classes we already have.

Races:
    On the continent we're going to (the one to the south), dwarves, halflings, etc work a little differently. Mechanically you pick a race and then a class, e.g.

Race => Halfling
    Class => Thief

This is different from the "Racial Classes" we've had until now. So far we've just had a class Elf. In the south you can be an Elf Assassin, Elf Cleric, Elf Fighter, Elf Magic-User or Elf Thief. I'm not going to go into this too much here and rather save it for if people make a new character.

Technical Note: Picking Race:Dwarf and Class:Cleric is not the same as BandyLegs's "Dwarven Cleric" class. Also none of the combinations of Halfling Race and any class would produce Goodie's Halfling "Racial Class" nor would Race:Elf Class:Magic-User be the same as Saeros's Elf class. Race+Class is mechanically different from Racial Classes.

Races available:
    Human
    Elf
    Dwarf
    Halfling
    Gnome
    Half-Elf
    Half-Orc

For more details on these new classes and races see p.7-p.21 of the AEC

Fighter Special Ability:
    On weak creatures (roughly < 6HP) fighters will get a number of attacks equal to their level. So Ekbard can hit such creatures five times in a round. This is to basically clear minions around a boss.

Two weapons:
    You can fight with a weapon in each hand. -2 to hit for one, -4 to hit with the other (representing the off-hand). This allows you to attack twice.

Special Class:
    You've befriended Citra enough to unlock the "special" Dragon class. You can play as one of her children.

• Advertisement

Don't mind me, just posting this now because I've a bit of free time from the Christmas visits.

Since we've gone a bit into the game and people have experience, I thought I'd add some more stuff. Most of this is from the Advanced Edition Companion to Labyrinth Lord.

Advanced Edition Companion (AEC)

New Classes:
    If you die, or anybody new joins. You have the following new classes available to you:

Assassin
    Druid
    Illusionist
    Monk
    Paladin
    Ranger

Some of these are "special" variations of classes we already have.

Races:
    On the continent we're going to (the one to the south), dwarves, halflings, etc work a little differently. Mechanically you pick a race and then a class, e.g.

Race => Halfling
    Class => Thief

This is different from the "Racial Classes" we've had until now. So far we've just had a class Elf. In the south you can be an Elf Assassin, Elf Cleric, Elf Fighter, Elf Magic-User or Elf Thief. I'm not going to go into this too much here and rather save it for if people make a new character.

Technical Note: Picking Race:Dwarf and Class:Cleric is not the same as BandyLegs's "Dwarven Cleric" class. Also none of the combinations of Halfling Race and any class would produce Goodie's Halfling "Racial Class" nor would Race:Elf Class:Magic-User be the same as Saeros's Elf class. Race+Class is mechanically different from Racial Classes.

Races available:
    Human
    Elf
    Dwarf
    Halfling
    Gnome
    Half-Elf
    Half-Orc

For more details on these new classes and races see p.7-p.21 of the AEC

Fighter Special Ability:
    On weak creatures (roughly < 6HP) fighters will get a number of attacks equal to their level. So Ekbard can hit such creatures five times in a round. This is to basically clear minions around a boss.

Two weapons:
    You can fight with a weapon in each hand. -2 to hit for one, -4 to hit with the other (representing the off-hand). This allows you to attack twice.

Special Class:
    You've befriended Citra enough to unlock the "special" Dragon class. You can play as one of her children.

blessed be the rulemakers

tw how long am i bog for ?

Forgot two classes above, added them now.

Good lord the choices. Almost makes me wish for Bandylegs death...

ALMOST. (Please don't kill my character :P)

I wanna be a Dragon Samurai :pac: (Probably not even possible).

When you want to get back into it Fourier? Next week is a free one for me...just sayin...

Next week is good for me as well.

Unfortunately Dragon is a Racial Class, so you're just a Gold Dragon.

Tigger wrote: »
    tw how long am i bog for ?
    Sorry Tigger, being dense here, I don't understand. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Next week is good for me as well.

Unfortunately Dragon is a Racial Class, so you're just a Gold Dragon.

just a gold dragon!!! lol

you'd be a gold friggin' dragon!

but under your command for a while, necro, you'd be a robo dragon...

sKeith wrote: »
    just a gold dragon!!! lol

you'd be a gold friggin' dragon!

but under your command for a while, necro, you'd be a robo dragon...

A robo GOLD dragon ;)

Sorry Tigger, being dense here, I don't understand. :)

big

Tigger wrote: »
    big
    Jaysus that was obvious, the auld brain isn't working too well for me today!!:o:o

It's permanent. Although Magic-Users of sufficient level could cancel it.

• Advertisement

Growth: The imbiber of this potion doubles in size. Strength also increases, so that all damage dealt is doubled.

so all damage is doubled
    whats my st now?

Advertisement