Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm at work, availability will be patchy until 9.30-10ish, but to be honest I'm not sure how much spider dialog this crawl needs :) let me know if I have time to armour up and / or get my guard dog back before we go.

Spells this morning were
    2x cure light wounds
    Protection from evil
    Bless
    hold person
    Striking

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Quick check would any day suit you better?

The above restrictions apply to every day apart from Fridays, Sundays and surprise wine days.
    (Those are my "don't sit on the couch completely ignoring my wife because I'm busy being a psychotic dead woman in a text based world of mystery and blood" days)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Well that went well then! :rolleyes:

I missed all the fun again. Do you guys just hang around on the board all night?? Maybe I should put a notification email thingy on this so that I'll get an email when it all kicks off. Hmm.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mollyb60 wrote:
    I missed all the fun again. Do you guys just hang around on the board all night?? Maybe I should put a notification email thingy on this so that I'll get an email when it all kicks off. Hmm.

Hey at least you didn't end up in suspended animation like I did...

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    Hey at least you didn't end up in suspended animation like I did...

Last time she ended up literally suspended, from the side of a cliff, and no one thought to look over and see if she was ok!

Besides, your in more of a state of quantum flux, like Schrodinger's Dwarf.

I've changed the game thread to instant email notifications when someone posts. I give myself at least a full day before I get annoyed at that and turn them back off.

I like Schrodinger's Dwarf muchly. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I'm quiet in work again, didn't have the energy for this last month bit should be around again from here out, do need to catch up on thread though.

Hows the catch up going.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

sKeith wrote: »
    Hows the catch up going.

Not very well so far :D

you could just read current thread and hop in from there, probably not necessary to be fully read up. then when you are time rich you can read back over the other stuff.

• Advertisement

Don't rush him - we don't want him to miss the bit where the giant bird carried him off and we haven't seen him since.

Thats in the current thread ;)

Not very well so far :D

Summation for now:

Bandylegs and the 7 (8?) dwarves are currently in a frozen state between life and death whilst Ekbard, Othegre and Goodie try to save 3 of us.

The village we're currently in is full of lunatics, some worse than Othegre :P

That's the main cliff notes you need for now.

I'm not far behind anyways, think I've 2 or 3 pages from the old thread and what, 5 from the new one?

I'm on the way to Mt. Doom

its bandy and the 6 dwarves, we got that in narrative ;) which dwarfs never entered the foundry?

or 9 if you take bandy and barikhek as seperate dwarves. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105714550&postcount=159

so, either 7 dwarves + bandy and barikhek or 5 dwarves + bandy and barikhek

its bandy and the 6 dwarves, we got that in narrative ;) which dwarfs never entered the foundry?

Probably my limbsmith apprentice. She wouldn't be battle hardened so she's there if any of you lose an arm or a leg or something :P

we lost 1 to the rok, how many did we leave with in total again?

How is she with entire bodies and their contents?

Banjo wrote: »
    How is she with entire bodies and their contents?

Dunno, you'd have to ask her. If you guys fail she'll be working overtime :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Barikhek arrives with a company of nine other dwarves.
    mud
    limbsmith app
    bandy
    rok -1 =12

bandy + barikheh + 10 dwarves left

so at least 3 dwarfs are not in foundry, limbsmith and two others,
    or at most 5 are not in foundry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'm not far behind anyways, think I've 2 or 3 pages from the old thread and what, 5 from the new one?

I'm on the way to Mt. Doom
    Then Moy, Kal and Flak can soon go sightseeing around the village, or play chess with Death in the warehouse which might be actually prove less fatal.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Think I've 10,700XP to add on, 9,000xp from the end of the last act, and 1,700xp the last two days.

Am I forgetting any?

And I dont suppose multiclassing was a thing 1e?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Think I've 10,700XP to add on, 9,000xp from the end of the last act, and 1,700xp the last two days.

Am I forgetting any?

And I dont suppose multiclassing was a thing 1e?
    It is now. Was going to post that tonight. It's in the AEC I linked to earlier.

Level in Druid here I come

So help me decide. can bring back 5 characters who are dead. (from all of time).

Goodie, Bandy. Done

nominations
    Xanthea, Does robyn want back in? if not, no to this, if yes she joins the done crowd.

Betty, likes us, will folllow bandy to earths end.
    Khalem, skilled, but dont know if he'll join us outside the one mission we did.
    Mud, adventured dwarf.
    Barikhek, skilled dwarf.
    Dwarf limbsmith, can give new limbs to people.

if we bring back robyn, we can offer to bring back Duncan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Or...perhaps we can 'bank' the extra 3* resurrections and save 'em for a later date/death.

*2 if and when Robyn assumes the mantle again. Also, when/if Xanthea comes back it's going to cause a new ripple in the assassination plot of the court wizard. We could end up with another contract to assassinate her too. Politics is a dirty (and lucrative) business.

It would appear that Flak is developing a thing for assassinations, the bloodthirsty wiz that he is. :D

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

So help me decide. can bring back 5 characters who are dead. (from all of time).

Goodie, Bandy. Done

nominations
    Xanthea, Does robyn want back in? if not, no to this, if yes she joins the done crowd.

Mud, adventured dwarf.
    Barikhek, skilled dwarf.

I would be all for Xanthea (if she wants), Goodie, Bandy, Betty and Bandy's Limbsmith.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Your devotion to your fallen sister is admirable, I must admit, however I believe it is best to allow her to rest with her beloved after her toil.

Partly that I don’t think I can put up with losing her again, partly that her death is a big plot point (and while Four can rewrite the timeline if he so wishes, I wouldn’t ask him to do that), partly because someone (I’m not naming names) chewed up my heart into little pieces, for which I will have my vengeance, not in this life but the next, and partly because I’m on holiday in a couple of weeks, and will suddenly miss a huge chunk.

My plan was to return in some form after that, but for the moment, sorry but go on without me.

• Advertisement

Goodie, Bandy. Done

nominations

Mud, adventured dwarf.
    Barikhek, skilled dwarf.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I would be all for Xanthea (if she wants), Goodie, Bandy, Betty and Bandy's Limbsmith.
    Your devotion to your fallen sister is admirable, I must admit, however I believe it is best to allow her to rest with her beloved after her toil.

Partly that I don’t think I can put up with losing her again, partly that her death is a big plot point (and while Four can rewrite the timeline if he so wishes, I wouldn’t ask him to do that), partly because someone (I’m not naming names) chewed up my heart into little pieces, for which I will have my vengeance, not in this life but the next, and partly because I’m on holiday in a couple of weeks, and will suddenly miss a huge chunk.

My plan was to return in some form after that, but for the moment, sorry but go on without me.

Full disclosure here folks, I had been speaking to Fourier about pausing Bandy because things are bit hectic for Necro in the coming weeks. But I think I can work one or two days a week and still be comfortable to play. If that's too little for others I can pause till end of February and come back then when my schedule lightens, but if ye don't mind Bandy not being as prominent then I'll keep going :)

Sorry again Fourier, I know I've wrecked your head re: this yesterday and today :(

Advertisement