Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Well it's a well known fact that I'm around less than I would like for these outings. And with the WW game coming up next week the place will be even quieter I'd guess.
    We could maybe arrange a dedicated evening or 2 a week to focus on the game and get an encounter done then I'd be happy with that if it would help you out Necro?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Well it's a well known fact that I'm around less than I would like for these outings. And with the WW game coming up next week the place will be even quieter I'd guess.
    We could maybe arrange a dedicated evening or 2 a week to focus on the game and get an encounter done then I'd be happy with that if it would help you out Necro?

Yeah, I mean it doesn't have to be the same day every week or anything (one of the reasons WW is early this month is because of my schedule), but that would definitely work for me.

But just watching last night was kind of fun, and definitely great that Bandy wasn't the centre piece :pac::pac::pac::pac: so I wouldn't want to deny others of having a spin off adventure; Ekbard and his dreams of demon dragons, Flak and his assassination attempts, Moy and Othegre's blossoming forbidden love story (ok that last one is a bad joke).

But yeah I could definitely work 2 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

What about Oth? Is Death able to cure her undeadness? I mean, if we kill her outright can Death bring her back in her old Bat**** crazy (just not a bat) form?

Also, is a magical 'splosion apocalypse like a real 'splosion apocalypse? It might have given a few magic users a bit of a headache but left everything else unscathed.

On scheduling, I'm happy for having more of a structure to be honest. A couple of nights per week would suit and let me get back into other things that I keep dropping whenever I see a new post appear.

/Flak murmurs uneasily in his sleep as dreams of Stan & Ollie, his twin donkeys haunt him.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

My spin offs always involve me getting paralyzed and nearly murdered before being rescued by happenstance or a ret-conned typo or forcing the group into mortal combat so I'm as happy to just follow the team for now.

As much as Othegre might prefer it, please don't try to unreborn me back to life. Now that the Flush thing is out in the open, I think she's done with lid flipping. For a while. And I like the perks. And hey, maybe there actually is a bat form in my future - god Fourier only knows...

Realistically a couple.of nights a week is sensible.

Personally I want to be a psychotic vampire cleric full time.

Hey, if death is returning Bandy from the afterlife, wouldn't he have met up with his arms and legs over there?

Banjo wrote: »

Hey, if death is returning Bandy from the afterlife, wouldn't he have met up with his arms and legs over there?

Hmmm... hadn't thought of that.

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    Betty, likes us, will folllow bandy to earths end.
    Khalem, skilled, but dont know if he'll join us outside the one mission we did.
    Mud, adventured dwarf.
    Barikhek, skilled dwarf.
    Dwarf limbsmith, can give new limbs to people.

Betty is a level 2 fighter. She can't gain XP and most of us are now well beyond the point where she's more capable than us (or will be when the xp drops). Do we know the levels of the Dwarves (apart from the L0 limbsmith)?

Is Tuesday one of the dwarves mentioned above? Goody is lawful and got Tuesday killed, might prey on him a bit. I know he technically killed all of them but only one was there on his orders. If there's no specific justification for any individual dwarf, he should be one of them. Maybe?

Betty's bones we're never laid to rest and the Clayton gang were trapped without bodies or a ferryman, there's scope there for an afterlife road trip to figure out who's coming back.

Limbsmith is a must, given our history. Even if Bandy gets relegulated we can use her. E.g. if you can build an arm you can build a larger scale arm. On a cart. Crane. Catapult. Cherry picker. Optimus Prime. We just need materials and favourable rolls and a drunk DM.

Why is no one trying to save the faithful Jin Qi? She was my Kato!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

So help me decide. can bring back 5 characters who are dead. (from all of time).

Goodie, Bandy. Done

nominations

Mud, adventured dwarf.
    Barikhek, skilled dwarf.

Betty is a level 2 fighter. She can't gain XP and most of us are now well beyond the point where she's more capable than us (or will be when the xp drops). Do we know the levels of the Dwarves (apart from the L0 limbsmith)?

Is Tuesday one of the dwarves mentioned above? Goody is lawful and got Tuesday killed, might prey on him a bit. I know he technically killed all of them but only one was there on his orders. If there's no specific justification for any individual dwarf, he should be one of them. Maybe?

Betty's bones we're never laid to rest and the Clayton gang were trapped without bodies or a ferryman, there's scope there for an afterlife road trip to figure out who's coming back.

Limbsmith is a must, given our history. Even if Bandy gets relegulated we can use her. E.g. if you can build an arm you can build a larger scale arm. On a cart. Crane. Catapult. Cherry picker. Optimus Prime. We just need materials and favourable rolls and a drunk DM.

Tuesday is barihkek.

And I like you thinking re Betty.

Agreed on Betty. Sadly her time has passed.
    So help me decide. can bring back 5 characters who are dead. (from all of time).

Goodie, Bandy. Done

nominations

Mud, adventured dwarf.
    Barikhek, skilled dwarf.

I would select the limbsmith, Barikhek and either Khalem or Mud personally. We don't know the capabilities of the other dwarves sadly.

Khalem is a risk. We bring him back, could he tell us he is now retired, his life's goal of killing the witch done with. I really want to see what mud does with the huge warhammer though. So, preliminary list

Bandy, goodie, limbsmith (did necro ask her name?), barikhek and mud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Khalem is a risk. We bring him back, could he tell us he is now retired, his life's goal of killing the witch done with. I really want to see what mud does with the huge warhammer though. So, preliminary list

Fine with those five.

I don't mind if we go more structured or not, I'd stop missing full sessions due to clutch overwatch games alright

She did, I just had to find it.

Rastreserd Ashmantle. Ash for short.

One last spanner in the works.

We can bring anyone back.

Anyone.

Remember your uncle who was a level 10 Necroninja? Your mentor who loved you like a son and would do anything for you and was an all powerful sorcerer? Any overpowered assistant we can dream up and stick in a backstory! Or, purely on game lore, Tumuz seemed like a nice guy- or that aspect of Soet from under Thurmonton (I think he was my friend, but a bit misunderstood?)?

Anyone.

Remember your uncle who was a level 10 Necroninja? Your mentor who loved you like a son and would do anything for you and was an all powerful sorcerer? Any overpowered assistant we can dream up and stick in a backstory! Or, purely on game lore, Tumuz seemed like a nice guy- or that aspect of Soet from under Thurmonton (I think he was my friend, but a bit misunderstood?)?

Oooh we could bring back Askit just to kill him again :pac::pac::pac:

Anyone.

I like, but return to the risk reason of not choosing khalem. The five above are quite solid,
    except maybe for goodie, who may want to run off and be a farmer, but there is always a little risk.

Ah yeah, if we picked a madey up level 10 master assassin Four would definitely punish us in an amusingly ironic way, but just saying we have an opportunity to, for example, pick one of the new advanced classes, roll one and put them at level 4 or 5 (most of us are level 5 with 'loads of xp' coming so this would keep them at underling levels)and fill in gaps I the group skillset. A ranger maybe, so there's someone there to teach Moy the basics of one-ness with nature for his impending Multiclassing.

No matter who we pick, they're not going to last long - no retainer has survived the first dungeon we've brought them to!

I agree though, minimum risk in taking the dwarves, they are bound to at least get us to our next target where anyone else could be "changed" by their comparative time in the afterlife.

Okay. Decision made. Post as soon as I get to a laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

ok just to clarfy
    GOODIE IS FAR FROM LAWFUL

however i want Tuesday back he a high level fighter and after the limbmith is our most valuable npc

I like, but return to the risk reason of not choosing khalem. The five above are quite solid,
    except maybe for goodie, who may want to run off and be a farmer, but there is always a little risk.

Quintus: Maximus the farmer. I still have difficulty imagining that.
    Maximus: You know dirt cleans off a lot easier than blood Quintus.

Is Citra the dragon dead?

• Advertisement

OldGoat wrote: »
    Is Citra the dragon dead?

Not that we have been made aware off.

Tigger wrote: »
    ok just to clarfy
    GOODIE IS FAR FROM LAWFUL

Sorry, error on my spreadsheet

Sorry, error on my spreadsheet

its ok but murdering old ladies cos he was a bit shook is not a lawful pmcharachter so i have to vlarify

Map Legend.
    origionally Up/Down
    A B POI
    2 32 Tower of Mzini
    9 42 Lewisville
    11 40 Installation of Invaders
    15 6 Soetrard
    17 6 Thurmunton
    18 7 Cantry
    19 42 Zassan
    20 8 Clayton
    20 18 Statue of fallen Kyrtin
    22 8 Sanderjarn, Dwarrowtown, Temple of the Rulers
    25 16 Shire
    26 16 Shire
    26 17 Shire
    25 27 Sazus
    26 6 Tower of Ursula
    26 23 Qaban
    27 17 Darport
    27 24 Ruins of Kyrtin Capital
    27 32 Fire Dwarf Stronghold
    28 38 Lost City of the Star Lords
    29 49 Osinzir
    31 5 Castle of Davus (Vampire Lord)
    32 48 Tomb of Ursula
    34 14 Isle of Sorrows
    37 36 Ancient Elven City
    42 13 Carrig Eisteoir

my personal pref, left/right
    A B POI
    31 5 Castle of Davus (Vampire Lord)
    15 6 Soetrard
    17 6 Thurmunton
    26 6 Tower of Ursula
    18 7 Cantry
    20 8 Clayton
    22 8 Sanderjarn, Dwarrowtown, Temple of the Rulers
    42 13 Carrig Eisteoir
    34 14 Isle of Sorrows
    25 16 Shire
    26 16 Shire
    26 17 Shire
    27 17 Darport
    20 18 Statue of fallen Kyrtin
    26 23 Qaban
    27 24 Ruins of Kyrtin Capital
    25 27 Sazus
    2 32 Tower of Mzini
    27 32 Fire Dwarf Stronghold
    37 36 Ancient Elven City
    28 38 Lost City of the Star Lords
    11 40 Installation of Invaders
    9 42 Lewisville
    19 42 Zassan
    32 48 Tomb of Ursula
    29 49 Osinzir

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Ekbard: 22,500 XP
    Goodie: 18,700 XP
    BandyLegs: 14,000 XP
    Flak: 18,000 XP
    Kal: 16,800 XP
    Othegre: 16,600 XP
    Moy: 18,700 XP

Oh yay! Levelling up! Levelling up question then. I'm going from level 2 to 5. Do I roll 3 d4s to get my new HP? That sounds right.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Oh yay! Levelling up! Levelling up question then. I'm going from level 2 to 5. Do I roll 3 d4s to get my new HP? That sounds right.
    Indeed, roll 'em high!

So much for that! :rolleyes:

Kal is now a Master with the Heavy Crossbow:

Damage: 3d6 + 4
    Hit: +6

Bolts have a chance to stun.

• Advertisement

Lvl 4, 9 HP. 2 first lvl and 2 second lvl spells. I am Invincible!

Advertisement