Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Necrominus wrote: »
    She was barely alive to begin with! She's lucky Bandy didn't move on to someone else yet :P

Hey Othegre...

giphy.gif

Dont dontha moy’ll get zealous

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Cards on the table, as a vampire Othegre does not have a functional vagina.

Yes, I did ask the DM. I'm thorough.

But if we survive this encounter, maybe you can find out for yourself *flutters eyelids*

Acually all jokes aside how come you drink wine Banjo yet you’re married to a woman?

Tigger wrote: »
    Acually all jokes aside how come you drink wine Banjo yet you’re married to a woman?

For tax purposes?

Banjo wrote: »
    For tax purposes?

Your married for tax purposes
    I don’t think you understand how expensive wives are

• Advertisement

Full disclosure necro lives beside the best rated brewery in ireland and his wife is friends with the head brewer
    And he drinks bulmers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

I don't eat or drink. I'm just a bot made by the admins to run RPGs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Full disclosure necro lives beside the best rated brewery in ireland and his wife is friends with the head brewer
    And he drinks bulmers

And I'm proud of it. Tried said beer a couple of times... let's just say it did not end well.

I'm a kept man.

So if she wants to drink wine, we're drinking wine. Besides, I'm too old to care about this childish "that drink means your gay" schoolyard bull****.

*Sips horse semen smoothie nonchalantly*

Fourier wrote: »
    I don't eat or drink. I'm just a bot made by the admins to run RPGs.

Where you from fourier ?

• Advertisement

Horse semen, well la de da, I drink whale semen.

Horse semen, well la de da, I drink whale semen.

I'm in Kildare, supporting local industry!

Where you from fourier ?
    Ireland, unless you want me to be more specific.

I'm a kept man.

So if she wants to drink wine, we're drinking wine. Besides, I'm too old to care about this childish "that drink means your gay" schoolyard bull****.

Its not that ok makes you gay
    Its that its hard onnthe somache
    Its a strong drink tho I used to have a mate and he loves wine cos it was strong and the girls didnt realishbhow muchbhebdronks
    Nothing effeminate about being gay btw my gay mate is a big 22ston woffallyvman and he drinks jameson and guiness
    And he pulls very attractive men
    If he was straight he botvget the same level of women

Ireland, unless you want me to be more specific.

I’m from Dundrum but old dundrum not poncy fake dundrum
    I used to play RPG’s and ccgs in the horse and cart back in the 90s and I hung with the lads who do gaelcon for a bit
    I live in sligo these days and I’m a satalite tonthe flat earthers

Yeah be pacifis

Cavan originally, Kildare now, started with RPGs when six when Traveller came with an Amiga game my Mam got me. Loved them ever since.

Cavan originally, Kildare now, started with RPGs when six when Traveller came with an Amiga game my Mam got me. Loved them ever since.

I starded withbtge turn page books
    Island of the blizzard king was my first

Yeah they were class actually. My friend gave me a lone of a rake of them and tunnels and trolls.

Yeah they were class actually. My friend gave me a lone of a rake of them and tunnels and trolls.

Innever did the rolls tho I always won but I was 9!sonfcuk that

Its that its hard onnthe somache

I cut it with orange juice.
    (Which is gay. In the 80/90s sense. It predates awareness of any complexities of sexuality Homosexuals have stolen our word and I want it back!)
    And worse for your stomach.
    But it kills the hangover before it begins. And I could do with eating less.

Citadel of Chaos for me, introduced to that and top Trump's horror collection in early eighties I think. Back when going to England and getting stuff we didn't have here was exotic.

• Advertisement

Citadel of cahos is good inhad thatvas well

Don’t be jealous of the homos
    Being queer is a pain in the arse :)

Used to love Grail Quest books, because they were hilarious and your character carried over book to book. Had a big folder of character sheets, inventory and all the fights. Once I got a desk and lamp in my room I lost a lot of sleep cause of Pip and EJ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

But it kills the hangover before it begins. And I could do with eating less.
    As a professional drinker and confirmed hangoverist may I introduce you to the industry proven cure that is "The Bloody Mary". Back in the day, before the arival of cocktail bars to the country and I was gigging with numerous bands up and down the land my flight case consisted of stage flashpots, gaffe tape, assorted light gels and the makings of bloody marys. Pubs didn't have celery salt, tobassco sauce or even tomato juice. One pub even made one for me with gin as the alcohol.
    When you need that cure and the coffee ain't doing it, go bloody.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    As a professional drinker and confirmed hangoverist may I introduce you to the industry proven cure that is "The Bloody Mary". Back in the day, before the arival of cocktail bars to the country and I was gigging with numerous bands up and down the land my flight case consisted of stage flashpots, gaffe tape, assorted light gels and the makings of bloody marys. Pubs didn't have celery salt, tobassco sauce or even tomato juice. One pub even made one for me with gin as the alcohol.
    When you need that cure and the coffee ain't doing it, go bloody.

While I appreciate the advice, I refuse to do anything that might make me feel like I was emulating Tom or Bryan in Cocktail.

Which is a shame, as I miss ad-libbing booze-soaked poetry whenever an accountant popped up to bring the party down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I, long ago, gave up quantities of beer for the qualities of finely mixed spirits.
    Having spent Saturday night/ Sunday morning drinking martinis and smoking a couple of cigars I can only reaffirm that the bloody mary is the breakfast of champions and remains untainted by the terrible film. :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Tigger, you selfish bow-stealing bastard! You've killed them all!
    (he said as he drifts away to safety in mist form).

I'm back at work, and rather than do something productive I was taking a look at the requirements for the new classes introduced in the Multiclassing post.

Couple of questions :
    Is there a link where we can read up on Samurai, Ninja, Gold Dragon, Fighting Man, User of the Old Magic, Cleric of the Forgotten Gods or Blood Magic User? (I have notes on the last one, but there's a lot of swearing and supposition. Just in case any of the team fancy a quick necking session followed by a lifetime of persecution and floating around in exchange for boundless infernal power)
    (To be clear - I'm not demanding you provide information, but I'm a bit self-conscious about asking a lot of questions and bombarding you with PMs, and would prefer to be able to read up on it and only come to you for clarity. We both know I'll still bombard you with PMs but at least one of us can feel better about it :D)

Is there any regular situation in which we see our character's abilities increase as a function of levelling up? The requirements (i.e. Prime Requisites) for most of the new classes in the AEC are quite high and likely to be out of reach for any character with the average 63 stat-sum, certainly out of reach of a randomly rolled character that wasn't jammy (Jammai?) as ****, but it'd be nice to be able to work towards them (I recall this being a feature of whatever D&D rules the Neverwinter games followed, 3.5? So you weren't born a Shadow-dancing Ranger but by golly you could get there if you tried).

If you multiclass, are you obliged to advance all the classes at the same time?
    I'm specifically asking because a Cleric that multi-classes to fighter, assassin, thief etc. etc. is allowed to use sharp weapons, and I'd be willing to waste a class slot to get my hands on a few knives.

I meant to ask Fourier, do I get any XP for my side trip back to Dwarrowtown :P

You reckon you get a cut of every Dwarf the Judge murdered because you made him do it ? :D

• Advertisement

You reckon you get a cut of every Dwarf the Judge murdered because you made him do it ? :D

Hey no dwarves died under my watch, he released the surviving citizens cos of me. Surely that's an XP boost... and maybe a skill boost to negotiation :P

Advertisement