Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

That would be handy - maybe you can talk down the beholder before it turns us all to stone and disintegrates us?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Just talk to it, Beholders are crazy smart, very paranoid beings, you'd get mad buzz from being a beholder minion until we backstab him.

I'd do it myself but OOC.

They're super vain and every beholder thinks he's the best beholder so throw yourself at his beautiful levitation devices (it's a strange organ in the centre of his head)

Four any hope of this beholder being pregnant? I hear beholder birth is fascinating

I don't know that any of us would have the wherewithal to have a chat with something that ****ing freaky looking. Although it would be out of character for O not to name it and try to add it to the travelling zoo....

(Why? Why couldn't I have gotten the nice, friendly camel???)

Still, you might be on to something, I mean why would a magic creature - which is presumably squishy as **** in melee - come charging at us from behind instead of zapping us with rays and catching us unawares? And it's a "creature of legend" - either we're being Kenobied or there's something bigger behind us and we might want to run the same way he's running....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Maybe he has a splinter in his eye. We can help!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    I meant to ask Fourier, do I get any XP for my side trip back to Dwarrowtown :P
    Yes, all XP will be given on safe arrival in Zassan or if a dungeon is encountered and completed.

• Advertisement

Confirming (as per game thread) I can't get onto Rolz either

Ever since he came back from the dead, Goodie has been less Rambo 3 and far more Scooby Doo - solving puzzles, not murdering people... I guess an experience like that really changes you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

me either

If Fourier's rolling behind closed doors how can we tell the random leg and crotch injuries from the deliberate fetishistic ones?

Banjo wrote: »
    If Fourier's rolling behind closed doors how can we tell the random leg and crotch injuries from the deliberate fetishistic ones?
    I don't have fetishes, I'm a bot remember.

Banjo wrote: »
    Also there hasn't been a crotch injury yet, closest was BandyLegs after the avalanche. I await the day.

• Advertisement

Fourier wrote: »
    Also there hasn't been a crotch injury yet, closest was BandyLegs after the avalanche. I await the day.

Ah there was. In the Dead Flood he took loin damage, but nothing needed rebuilding. I think most of us consider bleeding from that area an injury.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Banjo wrote:
    Ah there was. In the Dead Flood he took loin damage, but nothing needed rebuilding. I think most of us consider bleeding from that area an injury.

Both my own and Bandylegs' crotches are fine thank you very much! Fabulous specimens as well if you're interested ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Four and Necro/Keith/Banjo/Molly modding a DND themed WW game.

Just saying...

Just saying...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

SUPER META! How would that even work?

I’m sure the experts can work it out, but if Elin can be turned undead, and the undead can besiege and lay waste to Darrowtown under the command of The Judge, it is not too far fetched to have a random DND village setting with a werewolf problem.

Lots of mechanics that would work.
    Is there a way to take it out of the village setting and take the show on the road? Stick the villagers in a dungeon with mild danger, the WW have to try to murder the party without getting caught or killed. So there would have to be a degree to which the environment is not too lethal but the actions of an individual would amplify danger. e.g. Ralph the fighter is bleeding out. Dave the healer tries to heal. It fails. He dies. Dave really cast inflict minor wound. Or Ralph the fighter swings at the monster. Ralph misses. Monster hits Dave and kills him. Ralph missed on purpose. Ralph walks into Statue room. Dave hesitates naturally. Room seals, Ralph dies. Dave looks guilty as ****.
    Basically, force the group to split up, prevent intercommunication while they're split in different groups on COP, let them mess with eachother.
    Would be hell to moderate.
    But a lot of fun to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Just saying...

:(

Tigger wrote: »
    :(

There was always someone I was going to forget.

Tigger belongs on the list too (saving the best for last, right Tig ;))

So I have an xp bonus of 10% for the hafling is it only his xp that gets the bonus of both hafling and ranger?

Also note to self +1 more bonus to hit (cos of dex13) is now +7 (+8) rightvnow
    And connbonus is +1 for hp as per last level up

I’m gonna do up a propper sheet in the morning

• Advertisement

Basically the base XP is split and then the prime requisite bonuses are applied to the split amounts separately. You also got a little bonus for reading the hobbitish, purely to the halfling side. And I rounded.

Cool

Fourier wrote: »
    First of all you wouldn't meet the requirements for a Ranger which are:

Int: 12
    Wis: 12
    Con: 15

Being reborn allows Statistic adjustment, would you agree to

STR: 10
    DEX: 12
    CON: 15
    INT: 12
    WIS: 12
    CHA: 8

If so it would work as follows:

Okay so let's do a straight split.

Level 4 => 8,125 XP

Remaining XP => 25,709 XP

Split between classes => 12,855 XP each.

20,980 XP for Halfling, hence Level 5.
    12,854 XP for Ranger, hence Level 4.

Unlocks for Halfling:
    Long Bow Master:
    +4 to hit
    1d10 + 4 damage
    AC vs Two opponents: -2

Unlocks for Ranger:
    +4 damage against bugbears, orcs, kobolds, goblins, hobgoblins, ogres, ettins, all giants, and trolls
    Ranger is now 16854

So 997 till lup

Long is 25980

So.... when are facing this Beholder of worlds :P

Um... if this is actually happening I'm gonna need some details about this new retainer :P

His diameter is 4 foot, his favourite colour is puce, he likes long floats along the beach and his turn offs are hats and ads for specsavers

Eastern Weapons:
    It's, (Name,Cost,Damage):

(Katana, 150, 1d10)
    (Wakizashi, 75, 1d8)
    (Yumi, 200, 1d6)
    (Shurikan, 1, 1d4)
    (Naginta, 15, 1d10)
    (No-dachi, 25, 1d10)
    (Ninja-to, 7, 1d6)

When you get a few mins Fourier can I get important stats for my talking axe please :)

Excited about this surprise btw....

Ah here, don’t be excited. When Four announces surprises, people die.

• Advertisement

BattleAxe of Khurdiz:
    Motivated to defeat Dark Lords
    Can detect any secret doors within 10'
    INT 12
    Can read magic scrolls
    Telekenetic
    Lawful
    Can deal double damage against Dark Lords
    Normal Damage: 1d10 + 5 (before modifications from BadyLegs experience)

Advertisement