Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Scimitar:
    2d8 as base damage, 4d4 when wielded with both hands.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    BattleAxe of Khurdiz:
    Motivated to defeat Dark Lords
    Can detect any secret doors within 10'
    INT 12
    Can read magic scrolls
    Telekenetic
    Lawful
    Can deal double damage against Dark Lords
    Normal Damage: 1d10 + 5 (before modifications from BadyLegs experience)

So I currently have this:

Battleaxe Mastery:

To Hit: +4
    Damage: 1d8 + 8

How does this apply to the Khurdiz axe?

I'd be d20 + 4 for a hit...
    but for damage is it...
    1d10 + 5 or 1d10 +13?

Or something completely different :pac::pac::pac:

1d10 + 13

1d10 + 13

YAY! And then doubled if I face a dark lord...

so 2d10 + 26?

Sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

How compatible is an off hand scimitar to Ekbards swordsman skills, do he start from scratch with the scmitar or do any mods fall onto it. 2d8-4 is what i have down currently for it, with -2 to my good hand.

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    How compatible is an off hand scimitar to Ekbards swordsman skills, do he start from scratch with the scmitar or do any mods fall onto it. 2d8-4 is what i have down currently for it, with -2 to my good hand.
    It is classified as a sword, so your bonuses from leveling up apply to it.

Note three things, 2 is unfortunate:
    1. The minus only affects to hit, not damage.
    2. Your bonuses can only cancel the -2 and -4, they cannot cause a +2 or any overall bonus. e.g. If you had -4 for the off-hand and a +5 from levelling, you'd only have a +0 (no mod).
    3. Ignore point 2 for magical weapons

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I've posted my questions in PM in case there's stuff in there that isn't supposed to be common knowledge.
    Especially the bit about weaknesses.
    I know it's a lot of ****. I apologise.

A taster for everyone else, so they know what you're being put through :
    Q6 : Flush
    Can I get pregnant if I'm flushed, and then have a half vampire baby?
    If yes, and I carry it to term, can I be commanded by this Dhampir?
    In my defense, being a samurai who cuts creepy ladies in half is a pretty straight forward proposition. I have a lot to think about.

Banjo, I think I speak for us all when I say....

cameron-thats-messed-up-modern-family.gif?w=680

Well, on behalf of myself and all the other single undead mothers out there, #timesup you misogynist pig!

So many talking things!

• Advertisement

Game paused while I figure out that game changer!

The town of Othegregrad waits for no man. Now the prison overcrowding, orphanage saturation and animal control problems are under control, were raising an army of streetwaifs riding on criminal-fed dobermen. This continent shall be MINE!

Banjo wrote: »
    The town of Othegregrad waits for no man. Now the prison overcrowding, orphanage saturation and animal control problems are under control, were raising an army of streetwaifs riding on criminal-fed dobermen. This continent shall be MINE!
    Sid Meier's Othegregrad VI, Dwarven Expansion.

Last thing, D&D's high level city/domain management stuff bores the socks of some people. In the newest editions Wizards of the Coast have flat out dropped it. Let me know preferences as I prepare Act III.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Last thing, D&D's high level city/domain management stuff bores the socks of some people. In the newest editions Wizards of the Coast have flat out dropped it. Let me know preferences as I prepare Act III.

If people want to waste perfectly good meat in a crisis then how am i ment to help them

Yeah, that *really* gets me all fired up and frothing at the mouth for some city management! Don't oversell it! I don't want to be disappointed if my socks only slump halfway past my ankle.

Personally I'm not pushed about running a city, especially given it's for 90 game days and I think only a handful of game hours have gone by since Christmas; I don't think any of us signed up for that. And if everyone else is running around up north smashing monsters up while I'm trapped here kissing sand-covered babies and being expected to care about dwindling food supplies when I don't eat, well I will end up burning the place to the ground.

But as you said on Rolz, these things are organic, it is what it is. Can I get a roll-call of who's with me in Othegregrad Firedwarville? both players and party NPCs? Kim, Flak and Kal far as I know, do we have the limbsmith or any of the other retainers?

BTW I can just "Sleigh-post" my way through city management if you prefer. I promise not to invent *too* many talking entourage members or give myself (m)any grossly unfair advantages.

All retainers IIRC.

Only Bandy, Goodie and Ekbard went to cut the Judges head off so Bandy has a fancy new head hat.

Fwiw, I wouldn't mind the city management. Given the reward is our own stronghold which would be PRETTY expensive to buy outright I don't mind a bit of downtime.

IF I can get back there without teleporting into a wall, of course.

There are two shortcuts that I can think of out of city management:

(a) Sayonara suckers! Leave them to their fate
    (b) Go directly to the pyramid to cancel the storm

I think only a handful of game hours have gone by since Christmas
    It's been a few days in game.

• Advertisement

Any upgrades in my axe abilities at level 9 Fourier???

Rolled HP upgrade last night. Another 8 to give me 50HP total.

Necrominus wrote: »
    All retainers IIRC.

Only Bandy, Goodie and Ekbard went to cut the Judges head off so Bandy has a fancy new head hat.

Did they get out of the Onyx room?
    Grand so.
    There are two shortcuts that I can think of out of city management:

(a) Sayonara suckers! Leave them to their fate
    (b) Go directly to the pyramid to cancel the storm

Given what the storm did to Kim, I don't see what good me trying to get to the pyramid will do. Besides Even if I got there I still fight like I'm level 1. Does the storm also stop me going to Zassan given Goodie had to get through it? I can't really go anyway, my only motivation was to buy Simon a bride and I needed Bandy's cash for that....I guess I could embezzle the ****.out of the fire dwarves for 90 days....

(a) and (b) are just the most obvious options, there are more creative ones I'm sure.
    Does the storm also stop me going to Zassan given Goodie had to get through it?
    Yes.

I chose option c.
    God-mod myself while you're distracted and await the inevitable punitive cataclysm I'm inviting :)

Oops. Forgot I jumped to level 9.

HP increase of 7 again...

57HP. Welcome to tanksville. Population... Bandylegs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Sounds like I've missed a bit, are we in charge of something now?

Sounds like I've missed a bit, are we in charge of something now?

Oh... only an entire city to keep safe from an evil sandstorm :)

And myself, Goodie and Ekbard killed the Judge :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Necrominus wrote: »
    Oh... only an entire city to keep safe from an evil sandstorm :)

And myself, Goodie and Ekbard killed the Judge :D

Yeah basically the all powerful judge and it’s horrible mindless minions were rulingvover the dead and generallybbeing mean. So we teleported in and killed them all. Apparantly if we’d left it any longer we’d have died.

Just noticed questions about Samurai there on rolz, info when I get back home shortly.

• Advertisement

Just noticed questions about Samurai there on rolz, info when I get back home shortly.

Any info on whether Bandy's axe skill has upgraded would also be appreciated :)

Advertisement