Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Sounds like I've missed a bit, are we in charge of something now?

Only if you want to be.
    I'm going to try to make a run for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Banjo wrote: »
    Only if you want to be.
    I'm going to try to make a run for it.

Tell everyone why Donlcha

Whats the harm, I can't bring him with me. Will have to leave Aria. Not sure where I'll go. But the plan is foolproof
    1. Level up till I get Word of Recall
    2. Escape!
    I'll leave the details to the boffins

Whats the harm, I can't bring him with me. Will have to leave Aria. Not sure where I'll go. But the plan is foolproof
    1. Level up till I get Word of Recall
    2. Escape!
    I'll leave the details to the boffins

Brink te eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

XP needed for each level:

1 0
    2 2,201
    3 4,401
    4 9,001
    5 18,001
    6 36,001
    7 75,001
    8 150,001
    9 275,001
    10 400,001
    11 600,001
    12 800,001
    13 1,000,001
    14 1,200,001
    15 1,400,001
    16 1,600,001
    17 1,800,001
    18 2,000,001
    19 2,200,001
    20 2,400,001

Hit Die: d8

Level 3: +1 to hit and damage with straight swords
    Level 5: +1 to saving throws
    Level 6: Charisma bonus of +2 (people recognizing martial honour)
    Level 7: Permitted to execute anyone who disrespects you in towns that recognize your order.
    Level 8: Fearless
    Level 9: Normal weapons count as magical in your hands and extra +1 to hit and damage with straight swords
    Level 10: Granted land over which you are ruler

• Advertisement

Any stat requirements?
    Any Bushido restrictions (alignment, dedication to this class over others)
    Can they use shields?
    Also, thanks :)

Any stat requirements?
    Any Bushido restrictions (alignment, dedication to this class over others)
    Can they use shields?
    Also, thanks :)
    Sorry good points!

No stat requirements.

Yes Bushido restrictions. Higher Ranking Samurai are saved first.

Now there is a mention that Bushido has to be modified for the campaign. This Neros archipelago isn't Shogunate Japan, so there is no reason to kill yourself if your lord dies, etc. So I won't use the full on Bushido rules.

Ninja next.

We can be ninjas? :O
    Vampire ninja priestess or Vampire Samurai Priestess....

1 0
    2 2,001
    3 4,001
    4 8,001
    5 16,001
    6 32,001
    7 64,001
    8 120,001
    9 240,001
    10 400,001
    11 560,001
    12 720,001
    13 880,001
    14 1,040,001

Level |Pick Locks|Move Silently|Climb Walls|Hide in Shadows|Hear Noise| Disguise | Escape Bonds
    1 | 17 |23 | 87 | 13 | 1-2 | 25 | 15
    2 | 23 |27 |88 |17 |1-2 |28 |18
    3 | 27 |30 |89 |20 |1-3 |32 |22
    4 |31 |37 |90 |27 |1-3 |36 |28
    5 |35 |40 |91 |30 |1-3 |40 |35
    6 |45 |43 |92 |37 |1-4 |45 |40
    7 |55 |53 |93 |47 |1-4 |55 |50
    8 |65 |63 |94 |55 |1-4 |65 |60
    9 |75 |73 |95 |65 |1-5 |75 |70
    10 |85 |83 |96 |75 |1-5 |85 |80
    11 |95 |93 |97 |85 |1-5 |95 |90
    12 |97 |95 |98 |90 |1-5 |97 |94
    13 |100 |98 |99 |94 |1-6 |100 |98
    14 |105 |102 |100 |98 |1-6 |103 |101

Most of the above are like a thief

Disguise is obvious. Escape bonds is basically to escape from any kind of confinement or restriction (up to a certain realistic point)

Rolls to hit are as Fighter
    Saving Throws are as Thief

5th level, may become invisible at will
    8th level, can walk on water
    11th level, can teleport 100' (without risks, twice daily)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Advertisement

Very excited for what Act 3 brings... What can top The Judge/Sauron :P

maxresdefault.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

What's the hit die for the ninja class?
    If you are multiclassing and run out of lvls for a class, say, you are lvl 14 ninja and lvl 14 fighter, and you lvl up again, can you roll just fighter hit die not divided, or do you still roll fighter hit die/ 2 & ninja hit die/2?

sKeith wrote: »
    What's the hit die for the ninja class?
    If you are multiclassing and run out of lvls for a class, say, you are lvl 14 ninja and lvl 14 fighter, and you lvl up again, can you roll just fighter hit die not divided, or do you still roll fighter hit die/ 2 & ninja hit die/2?
    For ninja it's d4.

When ninja ends at Level 14, you just go back to full fighter.

You mentioned in the game when Ekkie had "unlocked" the samurai class, is the availability of Samurai and Ninja dependent on in-game events, certain achievements or special training?

You mentioned in the game when Ekkie had "unlocked" the samurai class, is the availability of Samurai and Ninja dependent on in-game events, certain achievements or special training?

Yeah you have to unlock stuff
    This means make fourier want to look stuff up in a different book

Wait, the books are *real*???
    I thought that was just something he said to buy time to make something up!

How are plans for Act 3 coming along Four? I can't be the only one excitedly checking every update on this thread....

Can I?

Tigger wrote: »
    Yeah you have to unlock stuff
    This means make fourier want to look stuff up in a different book
    For fuk sake

Fourier wrote: »
    For fuk sake

What I do now :(

• Advertisement

Almost done with Act III. In general where do ye want to go? As I'll add more content there. Ursula's tower or Dwacatra and Osinzir. I'll do a little bit with Kal and Flak first.

Almost done with Act III. In general where do ye want to go? As I'll add more content there. Ursula's tower or Dwacatra and Osinzir. I'll do a little bit with Kal and Flak first.

I was thinking Dwacatra tbh, but... conscious Bandy may be dominating the story a bit much...

sKeith was on about maybe going to his homeland on the way to Zassan perhaps? Dunno how that effects anything :)

What I do now :(
    Sorry forum tone thing. Looks harsher than I meant. I just meant "For fuk sake I'm not making it up as I go along"

Well I am sort of making it up as I go along :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

that half in an out of this plane thing has me (sKeith) intrigued. (i doubt ekbard cares too much about it.)

Stranger: "So our island, it turns out, really was part of an afterlife. The way the mystics tell it, it was the afterlife of some race out in another material plane. Well their world had a racial war of some kind and most of that race was killed. So now their afterlife is jammed. Barely any space. That makes our island prime real estate. Their leader is a fella called Kuldur, he organised an invasion around 15 years ago. We pushed him back, now we need lads like you again.

Stranger: "If your people won't convince you, maybe the loot will. These guys are more advanced than the dwarves in some ways. I'd say their stuff would rake you some coin."

Ekbard eyes light up, "Eventually, now you're talking my language, what do you need me to do?"

Stranger: "When you get a chance, take a boat from Zassan to Pulstan to Kabbar beach. We can talk there. They have an installation of some sort we'd like destroyed. Anything you find is yours."

but maybe do a familiar jump to lewisville then make the cross island trek to kabbar beach.

when we meet citra, we could ask her, as favour for saving her city, to collect the others from FDS and drop in zassan. ( unless they want to stay for the sid meyers IIX experience, up to them to get on the dragons back or not.

O still has business in Zassan, so I'll have to head there first. It's the only lead she has. Sure, that's only 4 or 5 diverse areas of the world you need to design in intricate detail, we'll be good to go by around 7-8ish, yeah? Great!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I still have an assassination to carry out on the Osinzarian court wizard. We can feed him to Oth. :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Sorry forum tone thing. Looks harsher than I meant. I just meant "For fuk sake I'm not making it up as I go along"

Well I am sort of making it up as I go along :D

Yeah I was joking, but considering there is a thread on this page with a bunch of people queuing up to call me a prick I was worried you didn’t get it .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I haven't the time nor imagination to drive the story so I'm grand with just tipping along and feeling included in the party's exploits, so I'm happy with whatever, I'll speak up otherwise.

I haven't the time nor imagination to drive the story so I'm grand with just tipping along and feeling included in the party's exploits, so I'm happy with whatever, I'll speak up otherwise.

I'm going to read between the lines here - you're ready, aren't you? It's time. MoyThegre. It's on. How graphic do you want it to be? Also, while your helpless or after you're healed? :D

I'm not sure what the pace is like, but there's the option of running the fortress through the storm - you must be approaching Level 9, at which point you're entitled to build a keep. If you already have one, you'll start attracting followers, anything up to 300 of the buggers.

Ooh, speaking of levelling up, did those of us who survived the Onyx Room but didn't take on the Judge get any XP?

• Advertisement

Yeah I was joking, but considering there is a thread on this page with a bunch of people queuing up to call me a prick I was worried you didn’t get it .
    No worries Tigger, you'll always be a granny murdering prince to me.

Advertisement